Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why did you choose your dragons name?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@maetropa Oh I got a gal that matches your boy really well~~ XD [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=92973] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/92973_350.png[/img] [/url] *ahem* Anyway, the majority of my dragons just have names that came to me while looking at their colors/body shapes. :D
@maetropa Oh I got a gal that matches your boy really well~~ XD

92973_350.png

*ahem* Anyway, the majority of my dragons just have names that came to me while looking at their colors/body shapes. :D
Usually I just look at the dragons and their names just pop into my head, and they somehow feel right for them: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=129238] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/129238_350.png[/img] [/url] This is my progenitor Drakkula. I don't know, I just looked at his beard, and I though of Dracula :D which is weird because he isn't even black or red or anything like that, but he looked so fierce that I called him Drakkula. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=129239] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/129239_350.png[/img] [/url] This one is Caleila. The name just randomly popped into my head. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=73755] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/73755_350.png[/img] [/url] This one is Kim like Kim Possible.
Usually I just look at the dragons and their names just pop into my head, and they somehow feel right for them:

129238_350.png

This is my progenitor Drakkula. I don't know, I just looked at his beard, and I though of Dracula :D which is weird because he isn't even black or red or anything like that, but he looked so fierce that I called him Drakkula.

129239_350.png

This one is Caleila. The name just randomly popped into my head.

73755_350.png

This one is Kim like Kim Possible.
I usually name my dragons after stones they are colored similar to. Not all of them though.
I usually name my dragons after stones they are colored similar to. Not all of them though.
[No longer active, seeking to buy art with treasure and gems though!]
Ooh, this will be long-ish... I love talking about names! ><

At first it was random; I tried thinking of a fancy sounding name for my progen and ended up with Altair. Not because of the star, I didn&#039;t even remember about it then, but I always associated Altair with altar... ok, so I may have thought of fancy sacrifial altars too. XD

Safira is the portuguese spelling of sapphire. c:
Celeste was pretty much named after her colours like her mother.

Vega&#039;s first name was Cupid, because I kind of wanted to make fun of the adorable rose/white baby that would grown to be a big bad rose/white male guardian. XD
And I just like how Nova sounds. c:

After a while I thought Cupid was too much of a silly name for him and so he became Vega... named after a (I believe, arcade?) fighting game character that I remembered being kind of girlish totally bishounen material. :3

And then it started...

I realised both Vega and Altair were star names and from there it didn&#039;t take long for my slightly OCD brain to start a planet/stars/galactic/mytology theme (that&#039;s a... rather wide theme, isn&#039;t it? XD). I don&#039;t even mind planets/starts/galaxies all that much... though I do love mytology! :D

The remaining ones were named out of memory; Orion is either a star or a constelation; Danica means &#039;Morning Star&#039;; Neptune was named like so because he&#039;s blue and has mean looking black wings (the fact that he&#039;s a water dragon only made it more perfect! XD).

Then there was Portia. |:

First name that popped in my head for her was Venus (because OMGPINK! 8D), but I fought it and decided to search baby names... yet nothing would fit her. |:<
I was going to call her Apollonia/Apolline because it sounded mighty and fancy! 8D But then I saw Portia would also work and remembered my sister&#039;s long lost old Dragonair/Charizard (can&#039;t remember which one was named Portia now) and BAM we were set!

Everyone happy. :D

So, yes, that was my little wall of text right there! I&#039;m rather proud of it, yes. :B
Ooh, this will be long-ish... I love talking about names! ><

At first it was random; I tried thinking of a fancy sounding name for my progen and ended up with Altair. Not because of the star, I didn&#039;t even remember about it then, but I always associated Altair with altar... ok, so I may have thought of fancy sacrifial altars too. XD

Safira is the portuguese spelling of sapphire. c:
Celeste was pretty much named after her colours like her mother.

Vega&#039;s first name was Cupid, because I kind of wanted to make fun of the adorable rose/white baby that would grown to be a big bad rose/white male guardian. XD
And I just like how Nova sounds. c:

After a while I thought Cupid was too much of a silly name for him and so he became Vega... named after a (I believe, arcade?) fighting game character that I remembered being kind of girlish totally bishounen material. :3

And then it started...

I realised both Vega and Altair were star names and from there it didn&#039;t take long for my slightly OCD brain to start a planet/stars/galactic/mytology theme (that&#039;s a... rather wide theme, isn&#039;t it? XD). I don&#039;t even mind planets/starts/galaxies all that much... though I do love mytology! :D

The remaining ones were named out of memory; Orion is either a star or a constelation; Danica means &#039;Morning Star&#039;; Neptune was named like so because he&#039;s blue and has mean looking black wings (the fact that he&#039;s a water dragon only made it more perfect! XD).

Then there was Portia. |:

First name that popped in my head for her was Venus (because OMGPINK! 8D), but I fought it and decided to search baby names... yet nothing would fit her. |:<
I was going to call her Apollonia/Apolline because it sounded mighty and fancy! 8D But then I saw Portia would also work and remembered my sister&#039;s long lost old Dragonair/Charizard (can&#039;t remember which one was named Portia now) and BAM we were set!

Everyone happy. :D

So, yes, that was my little wall of text right there! I&#039;m rather proud of it, yes. :B
I&#039;m using a theme of Capital Cities of the World. That explains all my dragon names before I even mention them haha!

My custom founder is named &#039;Dhaka&#039; which is the capital of Bangladesh
My random founder is named &#039;Manama&#039; which is the capital of Bahrain
I&#039;m using a theme of Capital Cities of the World. That explains all my dragon names before I even mention them haha!

My custom founder is named &#039;Dhaka&#039; which is the capital of Bangladesh
My random founder is named &#039;Manama&#039; which is the capital of Bahrain
[@ping me to get my attention!]
I&#039;ll go from first to last:
Sinlarra- actually from a friend, she picked the name

Zealara- I don&#039;t have a story for him, I just thought up the name. It&#039;s pronounced Zee-Ah-Lah-Rah

Choriana- *see Zealara, lol* Pronounced Cho-Ree-Ah-Nah

Lavish- She was my first hatchling and had turquoise wings and a grey body. She was gorgeous, then I put the currect skin on her and simply fell more in love. Lavish means sumptuously rich and elaborate and I thought it suited her.

Fringe- I asked my roommate what he was watching while I was playing this and he said Fringe and somehow I thought the name fit for my dragon. Iunno, boring story

Khal- oh my beauty~ I love my Khal~ I may have been reading Game of Thrones and I enjoy reading about the Khal and Khaleesi.

Kylene- She has a near-twin named Kyora who I traded, but like Zealara and Choriana I made up the names. Thought they sounded cute.

Auseklis- was a Latvian god and it means "Dawn" Auseklis is a light dragon, so I thought it was befitting

Ignis- means fire and he looks like fire . 3.

Stella- is a lightning dragon and I wanted to have a Latin name. Wiki says one variation of Lightning is stella. So yay ^w^
I&#039;ll go from first to last:
Sinlarra- actually from a friend, she picked the name

Zealara- I don&#039;t have a story for him, I just thought up the name. It&#039;s pronounced Zee-Ah-Lah-Rah

Choriana- *see Zealara, lol* Pronounced Cho-Ree-Ah-Nah

Lavish- She was my first hatchling and had turquoise wings and a grey body. She was gorgeous, then I put the currect skin on her and simply fell more in love. Lavish means sumptuously rich and elaborate and I thought it suited her.

Fringe- I asked my roommate what he was watching while I was playing this and he said Fringe and somehow I thought the name fit for my dragon. Iunno, boring story

Khal- oh my beauty~ I love my Khal~ I may have been reading Game of Thrones and I enjoy reading about the Khal and Khaleesi.

Kylene- She has a near-twin named Kyora who I traded, but like Zealara and Choriana I made up the names. Thought they sounded cute.

Auseklis- was a Latvian god and it means "Dawn" Auseklis is a light dragon, so I thought it was befitting

Ignis- means fire and he looks like fire . 3.

Stella- is a lightning dragon and I wanted to have a Latin name. Wiki says one variation of Lightning is stella. So yay ^w^
My Sales/ Trades/ Wants/ etc. : http://umbradraconem.weebly.com/
Bannersalazar_zps4b790ba7.png
I use the random name generator and I just selected names that either tickled my funny bone or I thought were pretty.

So, I have Raccoon, Zen, Acronym, and Sorbet as the kind of silly ones, and Aluvirsan, Duskrunner, Floret, and Kalina as the pretty ones. :)
I use the random name generator and I just selected names that either tickled my funny bone or I thought were pretty.

So, I have Raccoon, Zen, Acronym, and Sorbet as the kind of silly ones, and Aluvirsan, Duskrunner, Floret, and Kalina as the pretty ones. :)
lairbannerstabee.png

fzrz.png
I just use the random generator until I find one that works ;_; I&#039;m so original haha.

I have Valeth, Archive, Calypso, Kree, Rysn, Finche, and Estos.
I just use the random generator until I find one that works ;_; I&#039;m so original haha.

I have Valeth, Archive, Calypso, Kree, Rysn, Finche, and Estos.
@maetropa

8I [/STARES AT YOU WITH MEANING] we should conversate sometime
@maetropa

8I [/STARES AT YOU WITH MEANING] we should conversate sometime
r7LsxK2.png
I'll just explain Heilyn's name because I like Heilyn's name |D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=111214] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/111214_350.png[/img] [/url] Well he's got Mulberry wings and I was 20% sure Mulberry is a wine??? Long story short Heilyn means wine bringer or something He HASS the alcohol ouo
I&#039;ll just explain Heilyn&#039;s name because I like Heilyn&#039;s name |D

111214_350.png

Well he&#039;s got Mulberry wings and I was 20% sure Mulberry is a wine??? Long story short Heilyn means wine bringer or something
He HASS the alcohol ouo
ulz7t.gif7s19c.gifw4r7r.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6