Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If i were the president of fr...
Not really a difficulty setting, aside from maybe some kickstarter issues, but I don't think there's actually anything legally stopping this.

All breeds can be found in unhatched eggs. This includes imperials. They can be any color, and have any gene. What you get will match breed and gene rarities. You're still most likely to hatch a triple basic mirror, but it would also possible to get a wildclaw with all gem genes.

I'd also completely revamp Plague. No more green. Our eggs would be a hazy mix of black, red, and sickly yellow. Our acid pools, odd eyes that grow on everything, our primal eyes, it'd all be changed. The exalt pillar is a good example of what I want the rest of our aesthetic to be. (I am vacationing in Nature atm, but am a Plagueling at heart)
Not really a difficulty setting, aside from maybe some kickstarter issues, but I don't think there's actually anything legally stopping this.

All breeds can be found in unhatched eggs. This includes imperials. They can be any color, and have any gene. What you get will match breed and gene rarities. You're still most likely to hatch a triple basic mirror, but it would also possible to get a wildclaw with all gem genes.

I'd also completely revamp Plague. No more green. Our eggs would be a hazy mix of black, red, and sickly yellow. Our acid pools, odd eyes that grow on everything, our primal eyes, it'd all be changed. The exalt pillar is a good example of what I want the rest of our aesthetic to be. (I am vacationing in Nature atm, but am a Plagueling at heart)
[quote name="Sols" date="2024-06-10 11:11:03" ] Let's put all the technical difficulties aside (ignore how hard some stuff would be to implement. Just let your imagination run wild!) and tell me: what would you do if you were the president of Flight Rising? What kind of crazy updates and ideas would you bring to the site? Here are mine: - Color wheel expansion inspired by this thread - Tidy bits of Tidelord/adventure mode related lore within every event, to keep people excited and make stuff seem more connected (even if just through a little quote in an NPC's speech) - Marva's Special Supplies: an item that changes one color of your dragon at random. You don't get to pick if it's primary, secondary or tertiary. It's completely random, and would be available on Marva's shop every April Fools. - Remake every old breed art (toggleable, so that people can choose if they wanna use "Legacy Snapper", or "New Snapper" tm) to give them more dynamic poses and features, like what we have going on with new breeds or new NPC art. - Give dragons a "treasure" function where you can display some items on their profiles! (Similar to what subeta has going on?) This would give items a new use, and more reasons for staff to add new materials and others [/quote] I don't wanna be president of anything, but you'd get my vote, lol. Love the ideas!
Sols wrote on 2024-06-10 11:11:03:
Let's put all the technical difficulties aside (ignore how hard some stuff would be to implement. Just let your imagination run wild!) and tell me: what would you do if you were the president of Flight Rising? What kind of crazy updates and ideas would you bring to the site?

Here are mine:

- Color wheel expansion inspired by this thread

- Tidy bits of Tidelord/adventure mode related lore within every event, to keep people excited and make stuff seem more connected (even if just through a little quote in an NPC's speech)

- Marva's Special Supplies: an item that changes one color of your dragon at random. You don't get to pick if it's primary, secondary or tertiary. It's completely random, and would be available on Marva's shop every April Fools.

- Remake every old breed art (toggleable, so that people can choose if they wanna use "Legacy Snapper", or "New Snapper" tm) to give them more dynamic poses and features, like what we have going on with new breeds or new NPC art.

- Give dragons a "treasure" function where you can display some items on their profiles! (Similar to what subeta has going on?) This would give items a new use, and more reasons for staff to add new materials and others
I don't wanna be president of anything, but you'd get my vote, lol. Love the ideas!
honestly if i could just put apparel on my aethers i’d be more than happy

also i think some kind of trial run of all the flights in the beginning when you first make your account would be kind of cool? like you get to spend a day or two or maybe three in each flight and pick the one you like best after that (idk if this would work logistically with progens and stuff but i think it could be neat)

also i think some kind of trial run of all the flights in the beginning when you first make your account would be kind of cool? like you get to spend a day or two or maybe three in each flight and pick the one you like best after that (idk if this would work logistically with progens and stuff but i think it could be neat)
eq6zQ9M.png
mlHpBMC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
[quote name="LuminAgricola" date="2024-06-10 21:58:36" ] Infinite lair space. I want all the dragons. ALL OF THEM. [/quote] THIIIIISSSSS There will never be enough lair or den space, I have too many plans
LuminAgricola wrote on 2024-06-10 21:58:36:
Infinite lair space. I want all the dragons. ALL OF THEM.

THIIIIISSSSS

There will never be enough lair or den space, I have too many plans
All of my lair tabs have fan dragons except the last two. Also check my den. My avatar dragon is here!
  • Each coli level has a "level 25" setting that scales enemies so you can level fodder in each venue, not just the higher level ones.
  • Bea's Bounty Board is becoming a reality to help with the monotony of the coli
  • If not Bea, then adventure mode. Please
  • MORE LAIR SPACE
  • Each player is allowed to have a secondary lair/clan in a different flight (if they want), which will still be linked to the player, but allows for players to have different lair themes.
  • Each coli level has a "level 25" setting that scales enemies so you can level fodder in each venue, not just the higher level ones.
  • Bea's Bounty Board is becoming a reality to help with the monotony of the coli
  • If not Bea, then adventure mode. Please
  • MORE LAIR SPACE
  • Each player is allowed to have a secondary lair/clan in a different flight (if they want), which will still be linked to the player, but allows for players to have different lair themes.
[quote name="InfinitiFlight" date="2024-06-11 09:28:06" ] honestly if i could just put apparel on my aethers i’d be more than happy also i think some kind of trial run of all the flights in the beginning when you first make your account would be kind of cool? like you get to spend a day or two or maybe three in each flight and pick the one you like best after that (idk if this would work logistically with progens and stuff but i think it could be neat) [/quote] This reminds me of an idea I had in the past. A sort of cultural festival where everyone can freely swap flights all day/week long. Every flight shows off their best.
InfinitiFlight wrote on 2024-06-11 09:28:06:

This reminds me of an idea I had in the past. A sort of cultural festival where everyone can freely swap flights all day/week long. Every flight shows off their best.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
Ancient breeds can wear fest apparel. Fest apparel specifically because it seems like something elemental dragons might use to celebrate flight pride, so it makes sense to me that Ancients would use it or something similar - and also because generally I think most of the fest apparel focuses on the main body, rather than limbs some dragons might be missing. Linebreaking genes could be layered over the apparel to prevent clipping; there would be a toggle on each apparel item, "Layer Beneath Linebreaking Tertiary." [quote name="Sehti" date="2024-06-10 16:24:39" ] Coli remake centered around making all stats viable. As of now, the main strats, should they be mage or melee, are glass cannons. Builds you can reliably withhold hordes of enemies against minmax on STR, rarely INT, with speed as an important factor. More creative viable builds are few and far between and not favored for grinding due to the extra time they take to clear a venue. There are stats like AGI and MND I have straight up never seen used. Ideally, I would want those other stats to be viable when mixmaxing for them too. In the same vein, most elemental attacks are pretty worthless. Buffing them or adding new element based abilities would be solutions. New stones in general would be nice - I often have random ideas for them while grinding... [/quote] Oh, and [i]this.[/i] We need this so badly. I feel like having creative builds could go so far not just for coli, but also for lore and worldbuilding purposes. (Finally, a strategist or a warlock could have a matching Coli build...) also... [b]ADVENTURE MODE.[/b]
Ancient breeds can wear fest apparel. Fest apparel specifically because it seems like something elemental dragons might use to celebrate flight pride, so it makes sense to me that Ancients would use it or something similar - and also because generally I think most of the fest apparel focuses on the main body, rather than limbs some dragons might be missing. Linebreaking genes could be layered over the apparel to prevent clipping; there would be a toggle on each apparel item, "Layer Beneath Linebreaking Tertiary."

Sehti wrote on 2024-06-10 16:24:39:
Coli remake centered around making all stats viable.

As of now, the main strats, should they be mage or melee, are glass cannons. Builds you can reliably withhold hordes of enemies against minmax on STR, rarely INT, with speed as an important factor. More creative viable builds are few and far between and not favored for grinding due to the extra time they take to clear a venue. There are stats like AGI and MND I have straight up never seen used. Ideally, I would want those other stats to be viable when mixmaxing for them too. In the same vein, most elemental attacks are pretty worthless. Buffing them or adding new element based abilities would be solutions. New stones in general would be nice - I often have random ideas for them while grinding...

Oh, and this. We need this so badly. I feel like having creative builds could go so far not just for coli, but also for lore and worldbuilding purposes. (Finally, a strategist or a warlock could have a matching Coli build...)

also... ADVENTURE MODE.
eX9xO4g.png water.gif
Art Dump
Free Scries + Outfits
Art Shop (1 SLOT OPEN)
Hatchery
bB8y1Pl.png xxxxxxxxxuJo6rRQ.png
i'd cancel adventure mode.

that's it.

i simply wish to sleep,,, i kinda liked adventure mode being a running gag, and when it's finally here idk what im going to joke about now. ;w;w;w;
i'd cancel adventure mode.

that's it.

i simply wish to sleep,,, i kinda liked adventure mode being a running gag, and when it's finally here idk what im going to joke about now. ;w;w;w;
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • nothing's new...
[quote name="callistostella" date="2024-06-11 08:05:00" ] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2024-06-10 21:38:13" ] i'm kind of a president and really all i wanna do is get more sleep eat hot chip branded noggle hoodie a million vroom vroom servers draw more boats go back in time and high-five myself for the butt rock item description [/quote] Wait that branded noggle hoodie sounds nice actually . we can't buy merch but we'd love to have a noggle hoodie also are you okay why's your sleep schedule so busted [/quote] a teen, a first grader, a preschooler what is sleep even, when you really think about it
callistostella wrote on 2024-06-11 08:05:00:
Xhaztol wrote on 2024-06-10 21:38:13:
i'm kind of a president and really all i wanna do is

get more sleep
eat hot chip
branded noggle hoodie
a million vroom vroom servers
draw more boats
go back in time and high-five myself for the butt rock item description

Wait that branded noggle hoodie sounds nice actually . we can't buy merch but we'd love to have a noggle hoodie
also are you okay why's your sleep schedule so busted

a teen, a first grader, a preschooler

what is sleep even, when you really think about it
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2024-06-11 15:15:12" ] [quote name="callistostella" date="2024-06-11 08:05:00" ] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2024-06-10 21:38:13" ] i'm kind of a president and really all i wanna do is get more sleep eat hot chip branded noggle hoodie a million vroom vroom servers draw more boats go back in time and high-five myself for the butt rock item description [/quote] Wait that branded noggle hoodie sounds nice actually . we can't buy merch but we'd love to have a noggle hoodie also are you okay why's your sleep schedule so busted [/quote] a teen, a first grader, a preschooler [b]what is sleep even, when you really think about it[/b] [/quote] One time my friends and I discussed this, and we pretty much came to the conclusion that sleeping is just blinking for a really long time, and now we sometimes say "good long blink" instead of goodnight to each other, haha. On another note if you're exhausted I do hope that you're getting plenty of rest and taking care of yourself properly! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Appreciate everything that y'all do for us.
Xhaztol wrote on 2024-06-11 15:15:12:
callistostella wrote on 2024-06-11 08:05:00:
Xhaztol wrote on 2024-06-10 21:38:13:
i'm kind of a president and really all i wanna do is

get more sleep
eat hot chip
branded noggle hoodie
a million vroom vroom servers
draw more boats
go back in time and high-five myself for the butt rock item description

Wait that branded noggle hoodie sounds nice actually . we can't buy merch but we'd love to have a noggle hoodie
also are you okay why's your sleep schedule so busted

a teen, a first grader, a preschooler

what is sleep even, when you really think about it

One time my friends and I discussed this, and we pretty much came to the conclusion that sleeping is just blinking for a really long time, and now we sometimes say "good long blink" instead of goodnight to each other, haha.

On another note if you're exhausted I do hope that you're getting plenty of rest and taking care of yourself properly! Appreciate everything that y'all do for us.
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png