Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Weekly [NEW EDITION]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center] [img]https://i.ibb.co/2tD2Z5T/Blep.png[/img] ----- [b][URL=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3199781/1#post_53106130]Edition #1[/URL] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3199781/5#post_53170355]Edition #2[/url][/b] ----- [color=#286178][size=7][b]What is this?[/b][/size] [color=#286178][size=4]FR Weekly is a newspaper that updates every week on Sundays. Here you can read stories and interviews, learn fun facts, win prizes, and browse the add section! Ladies, Gents and Nonbinary pals welcome to, FR WEEKLY!!! *bows and falls clumsily onto the floor*[/center] [Size=2][center][code]@Zoyki @TheHunterZ @atheref @owlion @ochresparrow @Sushispider1212 @ElementMaster @Sunfallen @FancyFlyers @Geminid @Eliyanah @Elfydragon @WhenTheSunDies @P03 @JoweeTheRaposa @AtticaIonia @Polyhymnia @BirdeeBee @closedcaptioning @Sandydragon595 @Raptondragon @Born2bwild @LumoInnIt @TheAceCase @SmolderingFlame @Giraffe4 @NyxianDragons @SpearTheDemon @Slovakia @ChocoUni1206 @MrWalnut @BlueWillow @SagittariusAx @SynthiaClanless @decomposedcarrot @Sychra @odyssia @peepsnibbles @Bxy26 @KnightYumi @ActuallyAPigeon @BunnySox @fuwafuwa @Stolen @Impersonal @HorseLuver @plumleaf @Scorisyn @ufology @Nemalu @AltMixie @MistyFlame1 @Joyously @munnin @Yomiya @Arapocalypse @Blushunt @Astaraela @Helixstorm @TroubledCloud @Nurry @Panther202 @SirainOffcial @Stagraven @ThDragonSquirrel @ZoranaDragon [/code][/size][/center]
Blep.png
Edition #1 | Edition #2

What is this?

FR Weekly is a newspaper that updates every week on Sundays. Here you can read stories and interviews, learn fun facts, win prizes, and browse the add section! Ladies, Gents and Nonbinary pals welcome to, FR WEEKLY!!! *bows and falls clumsily onto the floor*

fjFZWJt.png
qWAlLLU.png
KMlmzQi.png
omKpPgG.png
VOowzno.png
_
You have a
beautiful
smile

_ CTuU1r6.pnglAR8cRt.pngA3L5B4e.pngDgEWpcs.png
8Guy5ew.png
_ Fingerguns.gif
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/Pgx37n4/2023.png[/img] ----- [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3199781/5#post_53170355]Next edition[/url][/b] ----- [Color=#286178][Size=7][b]New years resolutions[/b][/size] [Left][Color=#286178][size=4]It's a new year, the time when people make new year resolutions and dont keep them XD. Some though, do manage to keep them and then those particular people realise that new year is a [i]very[/i] neat excuse to get yourself to do what you want. I've never managed to keep any new years resolutions, but I'm going to give it a shot again :) First off, I'd like to be brutally honest, I started FR Weekly quite a while ago, I made about two or three editions, I even got a whole team of journalists! But I'm not gonna lie, I was a bad manager, and it kinda all fell to peices, and that's mostly because I was too lazy to do anything about it. TheAceCase, LumoInnIt, Atheref, Zoyki, TheHunterZ I'm sorry, and also thank you for helping me with the first couple of editions, right now though, I hope you understand that I first wanna figure stuff out, get a couple of editions and invent the layout and code, I want to know I'm capable doing this by myself before creating the team again (that is if you guys still are in) so there it is, my new years Resolution, get FR Weekly back on its feet and rolling, thank you everyone who is reading this, enjoy the newspaper and Happy new years eve to you :) [Right][Color=#286178]-Editor[/right] [/left] [img]https://wallpaperaccess.com/full/1169839.jpg[/img] ----- ----- [Columns][Color=#286178][size=7][b]G.O.T.W.[/b][/size][/color] [Color=#286178][size=4][i] (Game of the week)[/i] This week we have a competition of brain wrinkles :D! (Lol dont worry, I'm not [i]that[/i] weird... Actually, this has given me an idea, but that's for next edition, [i]"The Mysteries of the Shade..."[/i]) The aim of the competition is to win~ *Facepalms* The only thing you need to do to enter is DM me (@Tanganika) with an Idea for FR Weekly (honestly, just avalanche me with your awesome ideas and helpful crytisysms) the best three ideas will be used in FR Weekly! (Just think about it, you'll be able to swagger down the road to your house, all puffed up and smug cause your idea got used. [emoji=sunglasses size=1]) Wait! There's more! You also get prizes!!!! Weeeeeeeeee :D [Columns][b]1st place[/b] [item=Hats are for Prosers][nextcol] [b]2nd place[/b] [Item=Skilled Bonecarver Stock][nextcol][b]3rd place [/b] [Item=Enchanted Owl Necklace][/columns][Color=#286178][size=4] (I just wanted to say, FR Weekly is still a [i]very[/i] big WIP, and I have many incoming and outgoing ideas, even if you dont win, there still is a big chance your idea will appear one day in this newspaper once I get it sorted. xxx) [nextcol] [img]https://i.ibb.co/CsrgpPM/Ploop.png[/img][nextcol][Color=#286178][size=7][b]Ads[/b][/size][/color][Color=#286178][size=4] [b]Have any ads? Dm @Tanganika![/b] ----- [Color=#286178][size=4] Check out [i]the best[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2765443#post_2765443]G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver[/url] It changed my life~ (credits to the maker @/sQld) ----- ----- [Color=#286178][size=7][b]Fun facts[/b][/size][/color][Color=#286178][size=4] [i](Facts for earthlings)[/i] [b]- [/b]Pentheraphobia means the fear of your mother-in-law. [b]- [/b]In the 1830s, pianist Franz Liszt became one of the first celebrities. Women were so enamored of him (and his hair) that they sent requests to him for a lock of it. Eventually, Liszt bought a dog to clip hair from to fulfill their requests. [b]- [/b]Asia's surface is 44.5 million km[sup]2[/sup] (17.2 million miles[sup]2[/sup]) while the moon's surface is 37.8 million km[sup]2[/sup] (14.5 million miles [sup]2[/sup]) [/columns] ----- ----- [Center][Color=#286178][size=7][b]Diety tales[/b][/size][/color][/center] [left][Color=#286178][size=4] A majestic light green noodle-like dragon flew in spirals around the sky, a strong hurricane seeming to follow him wherever he went, yes it was the Windsinger. The diety flew faster and faster in bigger and bigger spirals his tail never seeming to catch up, kind of like slitherio. You could see he was enjoying himself as he shot off into the lush bamboo-covered land, it continued like that for a few minutes until there was a boing, his eyes widened and his twirling twisting shape stretched out into a straight line before he was flung back the way he had come, zipping through the air till he crash landed, making quite the crater. He let out something like a groan and noticed the end of his tail which had made a tight knot around the gale sanctuary. The Windsinger pulled at it but it didn't come undone, that's when he sent his pack of messenger hainu dwarves to the llamar tidelord, his good old friend. Ten minutes later~ "It's not a sheepshank, not a figure of eight knot, definitely not a granny knot. Frankly, it looks more like my kid's first attempt at knitting." Inspected the Tidelord "Awww c'mon Bubbles…?" "I told you not to call me that." The blue diety muttered as he took out a pair of spectacles to get a closer look at it. The Windsinger passed him a scroll about knots and the Tidelord waved his paw dismissively "Honestly, I'm the diety of water, dergs sail ships on my waters and they tie a lot of knots, I'll figure this out without the scroll." A few minutes passed and the Windsingers grin got bigger by the second "Youuu neeeeed a scrooooolll" he sang "Argh gimme that." He took it from his paws and inspected the scroll, "This looks like a…" his blue eyes scanned every drawing, not seeing anything resembling this particular knot. The green diety looked over his shoulder "Blimey, look at me, a new knot to add to the scroll! What are we naming it old pal?" "Gorge." The Windsinger froze and slowly raised a brow "For a master of disguise, Bubbles, you sure aren't good with names…" "Shut up, it's a good name, has a… mysterious ring to it." The Windsinger grinned and the Tidelord sighed and decided to use the last resort left, he pulled his friend's tail really hard, the sanctuary crumbled and the Windsingers tail, now only tangled round itself, flung off with force and slammed into a cemetery, crashing into a grave and smacking a dead imperial on the face. The imp's head flew off and its eyes opened, he was wind-touched now, back from the land of the dead, the head started screaming as it sailed through the air, bonking off a hot air balloon, the 21-meter dragon body, ran after the head, trying desperately to catch it, it ran past the two deities and the gods looked at the sight before looking at each other and shrugging. Such was life. [Center][Color=#286178]~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [size=7][b]Characters[/b][/size][/color] [Color=#286178][size=4][i]Dm me with ideas for the next story![/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/1/3p.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/1/4p.png[/img][/url] ----- [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3199781/5#post_53170355]Next edition[/url][/b] ----- [Color=#286178][size=7][b]Pinglist![/b][/size][/color] [Color=#286178][size=4] Thank you all of you <3 [Size=1]@Zoyki @TheHunterZ @atheref @owlion @ochresparrow @Sushispider1212 @ElementMaster @Sunfallen @FancyFlyers @Geminid @Eliyanah @Elfydragon @WhenTheSunDies @P03 @JoweeTheRaposa @AtticaIonia @Polyhymnia @BirdeeBee @closedcaptioning @Sandydragon595 @Raptondragon @Born2bwild @LumoInnIt @TheAceCase @SmolderingFlame @Girrafe4 @NyxianDragons @SpearTheDemon @Slovakia [/size] [Right][Color=#286178]This edition is dedicated to @/Slovakia :)[/color][/right][/center]
2023.png
Next edition

New years resolutions

It's a new year, the time when people make new year resolutions and dont keep them XD. Some though, do manage to keep them and then those particular people realise that new year is a very neat excuse to get yourself to do what you want. I've never managed to keep any new years resolutions, but I'm going to give it a shot again :)

First off, I'd like to be brutally honest, I started FR Weekly quite a while ago, I made about two or three editions, I even got a whole team of journalists! But I'm not gonna lie, I was a bad manager, and it kinda all fell to peices, and that's mostly because I was too lazy to do anything about it. TheAceCase, LumoInnIt, Atheref, Zoyki, TheHunterZ I'm sorry, and also thank you for helping me with the first couple of editions, right now though, I hope you understand that I first wanna figure stuff out, get a couple of editions and invent the layout and code, I want to know I'm capable doing this by myself before creating the team again (that is if you guys still are in) so there it is, my new years Resolution, get FR Weekly back on its feet and rolling, thank you everyone who is reading this, enjoy the newspaper and Happy new years eve to you :)

-Editor

1169839.jpg

G.O.T.W.
(Game of the week)

This week we have a competition of brain wrinkles :D! (Lol dont worry, I'm not that weird... Actually, this has given me an idea, but that's for next edition, "The Mysteries of the Shade...") The aim of the competition is to win~ *Facepalms* The only thing you need to do to enter is DM me (@Tanganika) with an Idea for FR Weekly (honestly, just avalanche me with your awesome ideas and helpful crytisysms) the best three ideas will be used in FR Weekly! (Just think about it, you'll be able to swagger down the road to your house, all puffed up and smug cause your idea got used. )

Wait! There's more! You also get prizes!!!! Weeeeeeeeee :D

1st place
Hats are for Prosers
2nd place
Skilled Bonecarver Stock
3rd place
Enchanted Owl Necklace

(I just wanted to say, FR Weekly is still a very big WIP, and I have many incoming and outgoing ideas, even if you dont win, there still is a big chance your idea will appear one day in this newspaper once I get it sorted. xxx)

Ploop.png Ads

Have any ads? Dm @Tanganika!

Check out the best G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
It changed my life~
(credits to the maker @/sQld)

Fun facts
(Facts for earthlings)

- Pentheraphobia means the fear of your mother-in-law.

- In the 1830s, pianist Franz Liszt became one of the first celebrities. Women were so enamored of him (and his hair) that they sent requests to him for a lock of it. Eventually, Liszt bought a dog to clip hair from to fulfill their requests.

- Asia's surface is 44.5 million km2 (17.2 million miles2) while the moon's surface is 37.8 million km2 (14.5 million miles 2)

Diety tales

A majestic light green noodle-like dragon flew in spirals around the sky, a strong hurricane seeming to follow him wherever he went, yes it was the Windsinger. The diety flew faster and faster in bigger and bigger spirals his tail never seeming to catch up, kind of like slitherio. You could see he was enjoying himself as he shot off into the lush bamboo-covered land, it continued like that for a few minutes until there was a boing, his eyes widened and his twirling twisting shape stretched out into a straight line before he was flung back the way he had come, zipping through the air till he crash landed, making quite the crater. He let out something like a groan and noticed the end of his tail which had made a tight knot around the gale sanctuary. The Windsinger pulled at it but it didn't come undone, that's when he sent his pack of messenger hainu dwarves to the llamar tidelord, his good old friend.

Ten minutes later~

"It's not a sheepshank, not a figure of eight knot, definitely not a granny knot. Frankly, it looks more like my kid's first attempt at knitting." Inspected the Tidelord
"Awww c'mon Bubbles…?"
"I told you not to call me that." The blue diety muttered as he took out a pair of spectacles to get a closer look at it. The Windsinger passed him a scroll about knots and the Tidelord waved his paw dismissively
"Honestly, I'm the diety of water, dergs sail ships on my waters and they tie a lot of knots, I'll figure this out without the scroll." A few minutes passed and the Windsingers grin got bigger by the second
"Youuu neeeeed a scrooooolll" he sang
"Argh gimme that." He took it from his paws and inspected the scroll, "This looks like a…" his blue eyes scanned every drawing, not seeing anything resembling this particular knot. The green diety looked over his shoulder "Blimey, look at me, a new knot to add to the scroll! What are we naming it old pal?"
"Gorge."
The Windsinger froze and slowly raised a brow "For a master of disguise, Bubbles, you sure aren't good with names…"
"Shut up, it's a good name, has a… mysterious ring to it."
The Windsinger grinned and the Tidelord sighed and decided to use the last resort left, he pulled his friend's tail really hard, the sanctuary crumbled and the Windsingers tail, now only tangled round itself, flung off with force and slammed into a cemetery, crashing into a grave and smacking a dead imperial on the face. The imp's head flew off and its eyes opened, he was wind-touched now, back from the land of the dead, the head started screaming as it sailed through the air, bonking off a hot air balloon, the 21-meter dragon body, ran after the head, trying desperately to catch it, it ran past the two deities and the gods looked at the sight before looking at each other and shrugging. Such was life.

fjFZWJt.png
qWAlLLU.png
KMlmzQi.png
omKpPgG.png
VOowzno.png
_
You have a
beautiful
smile

8Guy5ew.png
_ Fingerguns.gif
I'd be happy to continue helping out if you still need me! :)
I'd be happy to continue helping out if you still need me! :)
ePOliyb.png8VNo9V1.pngBzjAkuF.png
artist | programmer | retro nerd

Cool draggos: KyarCrossFelony

{ Hi! I'm Mr. Ocelittle! See my wishlist! )
ifGjLLQ.png
@TheHunterZ thanks man :') I'll DM u when I'm ready ^-^
@TheHunterZ thanks man :') I'll DM u when I'm ready ^-^
fjFZWJt.png
qWAlLLU.png
KMlmzQi.png
omKpPgG.png
VOowzno.png
_
You have a
beautiful
smile

8Guy5ew.png
_ Fingerguns.gif
WWHHHJHOOOOOO WERE BACK!!!!!! HAPPY ROCKIN 2023!!!
WWHHHJHOOOOOO WERE BACK!!!!!! HAPPY ROCKIN 2023!!!
Magpie
Zoyki
I’m a hoarder (shiny things appreciated)

>>Art Dump
>>Wishlist
____________Stoic_Wc.png
*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
+1 FR timeplaguebringer.png8ZwIo.gifC93qP.gifvjhnv.gifQzuMc.gif
@SmolderingFlame *SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
@SmolderingFlame *SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
fjFZWJt.png
qWAlLLU.png
KMlmzQi.png
omKpPgG.png
VOowzno.png
_
You have a
beautiful
smile

8Guy5ew.png
_ Fingerguns.gif
Let's go! Loved the story and fun fact section ????
Let's go! Loved the story and fun fact section ????
Snailbert has my Wishlist he is a good SnailH0bF1BC.png
@AtticaIonia thank you :D
@AtticaIonia thank you :D
fjFZWJt.png
qWAlLLU.png
KMlmzQi.png
omKpPgG.png
VOowzno.png
_
You have a
beautiful
smile