Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Next Arlo venue theories
1 2
Let us theorize on what we get next!

First: it looks like the venues and genes associated are linked to the elements, so far:

thunder lizards:
dinosaur-themed
no beastclans
ground/fissure genes - earthy/rocky?

ancient aerie:
birds-themed
beastclan: harpies
boulder/myrid genes - windy

deepsea dive:
fimsh
beastclan: maren
tide/pool genes - water obviously

What I suspect we will have next:
fire-y gene set
ancient serthis beastclan? I do like the sneks
possibly a volcano? Oh, gosh, what if's based on the vesuvius and there's like people shapes in there like what was left in pompei/herculanum would that be messed-up or what
giant insects? Maybe not for THIS one, but at some point
the nature digsite might have petrified forest stuff, wood can opalize when it petrifies and that is super cool
Let us theorize on what we get next!

First: it looks like the venues and genes associated are linked to the elements, so far:

thunder lizards:
dinosaur-themed
no beastclans
ground/fissure genes - earthy/rocky?

ancient aerie:
birds-themed
beastclan: harpies
boulder/myrid genes - windy

deepsea dive:
fimsh
beastclan: maren
tide/pool genes - water obviously

What I suspect we will have next:
fire-y gene set
ancient serthis beastclan? I do like the sneks
possibly a volcano? Oh, gosh, what if's based on the vesuvius and there's like people shapes in there like what was left in pompei/herculanum would that be messed-up or what
giant insects? Maybe not for THIS one, but at some point
the nature digsite might have petrified forest stuff, wood can opalize when it petrifies and that is super cool
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
I would like a crystal or gem-themed one. Not sure what the genes would be since we already have crystal/facet but the scene could be a crystal cavern.

A plot based around prehistoric flora could be cool.

Maybe a Shadow-esque glowworm/bioluminescence theme.
I would like a crystal or gem-themed one. Not sure what the genes would be since we already have crystal/facet but the scene could be a crystal cavern.

m87ieVe.png
I wonder what an Ice-Age themed Arlo digsite would be like? The beastclans presented in there could be centaurs or longnecks since they’re mammal-based!

Or maybe the mentioned insect-inspired venue with Miths as the represented beastclan? Not sure what the genes would entail considering that we already have Wasp, Butterfly, Eyespots and Bee, all of which cover most insects anyway
I wonder what an Ice-Age themed Arlo digsite would be like? The beastclans presented in there could be centaurs or longnecks since they’re mammal-based!

Or maybe the mentioned insect-inspired venue with Miths as the represented beastclan? Not sure what the genes would entail considering that we already have Wasp, Butterfly, Eyespots and Bee, all of which cover most insects anyway
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
Imagine a plague-themed digsite where we dig up an ancient virus.

All jokes aside, I was trying to figure out how prehistoric centaurs look the other day, and current guess is that they're the "covered in lots of pelts cavemen" kind of people (not based on much beyond "if entire lower hemisphere is frozen at one point then SOMEBODY must've went for the fur pelt and spear fashion trend"). That would fit a more 10,000 B.C./ice age-themed digsite with saber-toothed cats.

I think centaurs and longneck are the only beastclans who live in ice flight, so maybe it'll fit with that element.

Or maybe saber-toothed sphinx and manticore would be good (PLEASE I need it)

Edit: I took a long time to post, I missed the other Ice Age reply.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention genes. I guess an ice-themed digsite would finally yield some sort of gene that makes a dragon look frozen. Technically ice-colored Ground/Fissure can already give dragons an icy appearance, though we don't really have a gene for glassy or translucent ice. Maybe something similar to Tide/Foam but... colder.
Imagine a plague-themed digsite where we dig up an ancient virus.

All jokes aside, I was trying to figure out how prehistoric centaurs look the other day, and current guess is that they're the "covered in lots of pelts cavemen" kind of people (not based on much beyond "if entire lower hemisphere is frozen at one point then SOMEBODY must've went for the fur pelt and spear fashion trend"). That would fit a more 10,000 B.C./ice age-themed digsite with saber-toothed cats.

I think centaurs and longneck are the only beastclans who live in ice flight, so maybe it'll fit with that element.

Or maybe saber-toothed sphinx and manticore would be good (PLEASE I need it)

Edit: I took a long time to post, I missed the other Ice Age reply.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention genes. I guess an ice-themed digsite would finally yield some sort of gene that makes a dragon look frozen. Technically ice-colored Ground/Fissure can already give dragons an icy appearance, though we don't really have a gene for glassy or translucent ice. Maybe something similar to Tide/Foam but... colder.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
[quote name="Temora" date="2022-12-03 09:14:55" ] I would like a crystal or gem-themed one. [b]Not sure what the genes would be since we already have crystal/facet[/b] but the scene could be a crystal cavern. A plot based around prehistoric flora could be cool. Maybe a Shadow-esque glowworm/bioluminescence theme. [/quote] I wonder if there will be tertiary genes to uncover someday. If so, maybe parallel shardflank would work for the gem-themed one? And if not a tert, then perhaps something geode-inspired for the primary and secondary? Or even better... based on prisms or glass!! o.o
Temora wrote on 2022-12-03 09:14:55:

I wonder if there will be tertiary genes to uncover someday. If so, maybe parallel shardflank would work for the gem-themed one? And if not a tert, then perhaps something geode-inspired for the primary and secondary?

Or even better... based on prisms or glass!! o.o
.TASTE_ THE_COLOURS.
For the speculations on gemstone based gene, how about an underbelly-type geode gene? Like capsule, but with crystals instead of liquid.

I'd love a Shadow dig based around cave creatures who's never seen light. Like olms and giant spiders and giant vampire bats.
For the speculations on gemstone based gene, how about an underbelly-type geode gene? Like capsule, but with crystals instead of liquid.

I'd love a Shadow dig based around cave creatures who's never seen light. Like olms and giant spiders and giant vampire bats.
plague_banner.png he/him
FR+0
adult
75965002.png
[quote name="darkviverna" date="2022-12-03 10:17:25" ] For the speculations on gemstone based gene, how about an underbelly-type geode gene? Like capsule, but with crystals instead of liquid. I'd love a Shadow dig based around cave creatures who's never seen light. Like olms and giant spiders and giant vampire bats. [/quote] WANT
darkviverna wrote on 2022-12-03 10:17:25:

WANT
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
Everyone here has good and valid ideas, I'm a fan of all of them. Personally, I do think an Ice Age themed dig could be extremely likely! It feels like the natural progression here. But I'd also like to see an insect themed dig personally..... or a Shadow themed dig with creepy underground creatures too.
Everyone here has good and valid ideas, I'm a fan of all of them. Personally, I do think an Ice Age themed dig could be extremely likely! It feels like the natural progression here. But I'd also like to see an insect themed dig personally..... or a Shadow themed dig with creepy underground creatures too.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Considering that we have had earth, then wind, then water so far, it makes sense to think that fire will be next. So far, the sites seem to be following the order of the deities' births.
Considering that we have had earth, then wind, then water so far, it makes sense to think that fire will be next. So far, the sites seem to be following the order of the deities' births.
___Art Heap!

___Avatar derg!
___P7Z02K1.gif ___50406.png
[quote name="Temora" date="2022-12-03 09:14:55" ] I would like a crystal or gem-themed one. Not sure what the genes would be since we already have crystal/facet but the scene could be a crystal cavern. [/quote] How about a tert that makes the belly look like an open geode? :0
Temora wrote on 2022-12-03 09:14:55:
How about a tert that makes the belly look like an open geode? :0
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
1 2