Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hype!(Clan Profile Refraction)
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Topazal" date="2022-09-30 15:02:54" ] Honestly, the mockup looks way too busy for me to get excited about it. The "Recent Activity" and "Recent Forum Posts" shouldn't have multiple separate colored boxes, nor should the Comments -- it just makes the design visually messy since everything is trying to catch the eye. There is no visual flow to the mockup, I have no idea where to look first. But that's what the Suggestions forum is for, and staff is usually on-top of listening to feedback, so I can't count on the redesign looking like the mockup. But like many others have said, it's the refractor, not the redesign, that's dropping soon. They might drop at the same time though, we don't have enough information to predict accurately right now. [/quote] The mockup/redesign is listed in its post as the refactor and not a revamp - FR seems to consider revamps to be functional changes and layout tweaks to be part of refactoring. Staff also said that the mockup is in edit mode, hence the box around the bio text section. [quote] Clan Profile Out of all the 1:1 refactors, the Clan Profile is perhaps receiving the most significant "glow-up". We're not changing how the page functions at all (any new functions would be in a Clan Profile reVAMP), but are taking the time to really put a fresh coat of paint on what was one of our most dated-looking pages. [/quote]
Topazal wrote on 2022-09-30 15:02:54:
Honestly, the mockup looks way too busy for me to get excited about it. The "Recent Activity" and "Recent Forum Posts" shouldn't have multiple separate colored boxes, nor should the Comments -- it just makes the design visually messy since everything is trying to catch the eye. There is no visual flow to the mockup, I have no idea where to look first. But that's what the Suggestions forum is for, and staff is usually on-top of listening to feedback, so I can't count on the redesign looking like the mockup.

But like many others have said, it's the refractor, not the redesign, that's dropping soon. They might drop at the same time though, we don't have enough information to predict accurately right now.

The mockup/redesign is listed in its post as the refactor and not a revamp - FR seems to consider revamps to be functional changes and layout tweaks to be part of refactoring.

Staff also said that the mockup is in edit mode, hence the box around the bio text section.
Quote:
Clan Profile

Out of all the 1:1 refactors, the Clan Profile is perhaps receiving the most significant "glow-up". We're not changing how the page functions at all (any new functions would be in a Clan Profile reVAMP), but are taking the time to really put a fresh coat of paint on what was one of our most dated-looking pages.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I’m a bit worried, I always take a while to adjust to layout changes in stuff.
I’m a bit worried, I always take a while to adjust to layout changes in stuff.
Antique Oil Lamp Paleogene
she/her
I collect bug items and transmuted treasures
nnnnnn
Transmuted Treasure
I'm really hoping that they listened to feedback about the mockup and used this time to make it less boxy and clunky looking. My biggest grip was the unnecessary change of shoving recent forum activity down in favor of recent activity. The latter just doesn't feel all that important compared to the former.

No matter what it'll take time to get used to.
I'm really hoping that they listened to feedback about the mockup and used this time to make it less boxy and clunky looking. My biggest grip was the unnecessary change of shoving recent forum activity down in favor of recent activity. The latter just doesn't feel all that important compared to the former.

No matter what it'll take time to get used to.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
*rubs hands evilly* I'll be able to make my profile even more interactive! (I hope)
*rubs hands evilly* I'll be able to make my profile even more interactive! (I hope)
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="WolfByte" date="2022-09-30 12:22:07" ] Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain. [/quote] Pretty much my exact thoughts. The boxes and the displaced forum posts link would be super irritating to deal with, and I'm scared it'll be a few months of pain until I'm forced to get used to it. Hopefully some changes were made to make it nicer!!
WolfByte wrote on 2022-09-30 12:22:07:
Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain.

Pretty much my exact thoughts. The boxes and the displaced forum posts link would be super irritating to deal with, and I'm scared it'll be a few months of pain until I'm forced to get used to it.

Hopefully some changes were made to make it nicer!!
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
More scared than excited

I didn't like the look of the initial mock-up shown a while ago, and since we haven't seen any updates I'm assuming no (major) changes have been made to it?

Just hoping I can get used to it relatively quickly
More scared than excited

I didn't like the look of the initial mock-up shown a while ago, and since we haven't seen any updates I'm assuming no (major) changes have been made to it?

Just hoping I can get used to it relatively quickly
tumblr_ouzwu17UiL1soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_ov1iodLFh81soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_p4pz9qCI0N1soddjgo1_100.gif LC9O2h1.png
[quote name="WolfByte" date="2022-09-30 12:22:07" ] Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain. [/quote]
Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain.
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
BjMvLeY.png(non-fodder) dergs from u are safe with me!
feXtM27.pngarcane is the best. Change my mind. (clan lore)
7c8ZUEs.png lore, art and more!
wishlist
New updates are cool and we love the site making progress on refactors and revamps but we aren't too bothered about profiles so we're not that excited. Hopefully it'll go well for the people that do enjoy spending time on profiles :D
New updates are cool and we love the site making progress on refactors and revamps but we aren't too bothered about profiles so we're not that excited. Hopefully it'll go well for the people that do enjoy spending time on profiles :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="WolfByte" date="2022-09-30 12:22:07" ] Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain. [/quote] same, i like it more compact or have atleast the ability to switch it all around Especially for mobile users it will be a pain to scroll down so much to see what they want

same, i like it more compact or have atleast the ability to switch it all around

Especially for mobile users it will be a pain to scroll down so much to see what they want
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

long as i don't have to tweak my bio code i'm happy <3
long as i don't have to tweak my bio code i'm happy <3
@bogfriend
she / her | + 3 fr time | avatar dragon