Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hype!(Clan Profile Refraction)
1 2 3 4 5
I'm a little worried since we haven't gotten an update on what it looks like since the first preview, but hopefully things will turn out alright.
I'm a little worried since we haven't gotten an update on what it looks like since the first preview, but hopefully things will turn out alright.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-09-30 12:33:22" ] [quote name="WolfByte" date="2022-09-30 12:22:07" ] Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain. [/quote] Same thing [/quote] Me too
Alkhor wrote on 2022-09-30 12:33:22:
WolfByte wrote on 2022-09-30 12:22:07:
Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain.
Same thing
Me too
IMG_3849.png
It's odd to look at, sure, but as mentioned in the post, these revamps are primarily to revamp the code itself so that future edits and changes are made easier. Even if the profile looks kinda bad when it comes out, staff will be able to change it much easier! For this reason, I am choosing to be excited!
It's odd to look at, sure, but as mentioned in the post, these revamps are primarily to revamp the code itself so that future edits and changes are made easier. Even if the profile looks kinda bad when it comes out, staff will be able to change it much easier! For this reason, I am choosing to be excited!
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Anxious. Really hoping they changed their minds on making everything so bubbly.
Anxious. Really hoping they changed their minds on making everything so bubbly.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
I'm so ready for this! A little apprehensive though, just because not all of their changes have been the greatest... They do get there eventually though.
I'm so ready for this! A little apprehensive though, just because not all of their changes have been the greatest... They do get there eventually though.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
[quote name="WolfByte" date="2022-09-30 12:22:07" ] Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain. [/quote] Basically this.
WolfByte wrote on 2022-09-30 12:22:07:
Personally, I’m terrified. The mock-up that was made public was painful for me to look at because there were so many individual boxes. I’m really hoping that they’ve realized that not everything needs it’s own separate box, because I might not be able to look at the clan profile page without being in pain.
Basically this.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I'm interested to see how it looks! ^^

Dreading the community response though. I think there's gonna be people who vocally dislike it no matter what, and that stirs up drama. Maybe I'll just avoid the forums for a few days if it looks to be going that way.
I'm interested to see how it looks! ^^

Dreading the community response though. I think there's gonna be people who vocally dislike it no matter what, and that stirs up drama. Maybe I'll just avoid the forums for a few days if it looks to be going that way.
[quote name="Sinnabelle" date="2022-09-30 13:11:12" ] I'm hoping like with dragon bios, you can change the vista on the profile page to match the Flight banner or whatever fancy dandy imagery is in the clan info box. I'd like my profile to be matchy but I change my forum vista A LOT. [/quote] This is pretty much my only concern, otherwise I'm really neutral to it. The clan info box looks like it might be a bit bigger, I know a lot of people would be happy to be able to have more of their bio showing w/o scrolling.
Sinnabelle wrote on 2022-09-30 13:11:12:
I'm hoping like with dragon bios, you can change the vista on the profile page to match the Flight banner or whatever fancy dandy imagery is in the clan info box. I'd like my profile to be matchy but I change my forum vista A LOT.

This is pretty much my only concern, otherwise I'm really neutral to it.
The clan info box looks like it might be a bit bigger, I know a lot of people would be happy to be able to have more of their bio showing w/o scrolling.
3BQENe8.png
J7D1quC.png
qJFAY9h.png
47OyeGK.png
8B7LZd5.png
.........................................................................................................................................................................................
johPgo5.png
Honestly, the mockup looks way too busy for me to get excited about it. The "Recent Activity" and "Recent Forum Posts" shouldn't have multiple separate colored boxes, nor should the Comments -- it just makes the design visually messy since everything is trying to catch the eye. There is no visual flow to the mockup, I have no idea where to look first. But that's what the Suggestions forum is for, and staff is usually on-top of listening to feedback, so I can't count on the redesign looking like the mockup.

But like many others have said, it's the refractor, not the redesign, that's dropping soon. They might drop at the same time though, we don't have enough information to predict accurately right now.
Honestly, the mockup looks way too busy for me to get excited about it. The "Recent Activity" and "Recent Forum Posts" shouldn't have multiple separate colored boxes, nor should the Comments -- it just makes the design visually messy since everything is trying to catch the eye. There is no visual flow to the mockup, I have no idea where to look first. But that's what the Suggestions forum is for, and staff is usually on-top of listening to feedback, so I can't count on the redesign looking like the mockup.

But like many others have said, it's the refractor, not the redesign, that's dropping soon. They might drop at the same time though, we don't have enough information to predict accurately right now.
Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[quote name="@Jhortanas" date="2022-09-30 13:56:21" ] Not 100% sure, but I think what they're releasing here is a refactor, which is almost entirely backend, and the actual revamp (i.e. the new version we saw teased before) is still to come. Welcome corrections if I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll notice any major changes with this update? [/quote] Seems like it, thet attached “Refactor is not revamp” in their Tumblr [url=https://at.tumblr.com/flightrising/scheduled-maintenance/slg46oc75h5v]post[/url]: [center][img] https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/879161140935016468/1025529673599418398/IMG_0722.png[/img][/center]
@Jhortanas wrote on 2022-09-30 13:56:21:
Not 100% sure, but I think what they're releasing here is a refactor, which is almost entirely backend, and the actual revamp (i.e. the new version we saw teased before) is still to come. Welcome corrections if I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll notice any major changes with this update?

Seems like it, thet attached “Refactor is not revamp” in their Tumblr post:

IMG_0722.png

A brown lantern with cyan glass swings left to right as golden dust swirls around it. Clicking this will bring you to the creator's profile. ___ « Ash (21)
« Clan Lore
« F2U Pixels
« Art Shop
« FAQ/Wishlist
_____
pmCmV6u.pngWjoRtbD.pngDWI9puz.pnge2wlrBb.pnggtSdXdC.pngQoMzhWb.png5rXrC4x.pngnxZGTXG.png8UYUyIT.png
1 2 3 4 5