Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mirros have pupils in their eyes
1 2
[img]https://i.imgur.com/41zVyWR.jpg[/img] My life has been ruined by this information This might become the new Fae necc or Tundra FootPaw guys
41zVyWR.jpg
My life has been ruined by this information
This might become the new Fae necc or Tundra FootPaw guys
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
What do you mean? I don’t see any?
What do you mean? I don’t see any?

she/her | fr+3.|.skins

.................................………….....
GCDcYEq.png
im pretty sure thats just shading
im pretty sure thats just shading
17499.png UMBRELLA / BROLLY
THEY/HE/SHE
FR +17
MIRROR ENTHUSIAST
I
-
-
-
I
click here for a dapper little lad
It is just shading! The white part is highlights and the darker bits are just shadow. If you look at [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/exchange/joxars-spare-inventory]Joxar[/url], you can clearly see he doesn't have any pupils (nor any shading on his eyes. Huh). Edit: I thought I should also add Joxar's oldest art also does not have pupils: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/615b134aa5c256d90acb1282657ca593/tumblr_n76t5i5vVK1r5z40vo1_250.png[/img] His 2nd art, the headshot, does have a tiny bit of a line in one eye. I see this as an art error, as it makes no sense, doesn't follow old art, and said piece also has the wrong eye color at first (pink), so maybe it was rushed. And, if you look on DA you can find the artist's [url=https://www.deviantart.com/neondragon/art/Mirror-Dragons-77340438]post[/url] that includes an unused hatchling pose. None of them have highlights so it's even clearer they lack pupils. The image size might be bigger too. I'm also only referring to the basic eye types. Obviously the other ones have pupils. The real question we should be asking is, why is Joxar the only Mirror who deserves nostrils?
It is just shading! The white part is highlights and the darker bits are just shadow. If you look at Joxar, you can clearly see he doesn't have any pupils (nor any shading on his eyes. Huh).

Edit: I thought I should also add Joxar's oldest art also does not have pupils:
tumblr_n76t5i5vVK1r5z40vo1_250.png
His 2nd art, the headshot, does have a tiny bit of a line in one eye. I see this as an art error, as it makes no sense, doesn't follow old art, and said piece also has the wrong eye color at first (pink), so maybe it was rushed.

And, if you look on DA you can find the artist's post that includes an unused hatchling pose. None of them have highlights so it's even clearer they lack pupils. The image size might be bigger too.

I'm also only referring to the basic eye types. Obviously the other ones have pupils.

The real question we should be asking is, why is Joxar the only Mirror who deserves nostrils?
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
no, honestly, i think ops got a point. very faintly, sure, (in so much i think joxar gets a pass- the eyes are p small regardless), but those could possibly be pupils imo
no, honestly, i think ops got a point. very faintly, sure, (in so much i think joxar gets a pass- the eyes are p small regardless), but those could possibly be pupils imo
1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
they have highlights (the white part) and shading (dark pink) but no pupils!
they have highlights (the white part) and shading (dark pink) but no pupils!
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
It's really just the highlights and shadows that are making it look like that. I'm pretty sure mirrors don't have pupils even canonically. It did get weird when dark sclera came out though.
It's really just the highlights and shadows that are making it look like that. I'm pretty sure mirrors don't have pupils even canonically. It did get weird when dark sclera came out though.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
Innocent eyed baby mirrors look cursed ngl
Innocent eyed baby mirrors look cursed ngl
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
They got pupils on specially eyes: goat, innocent, dark sclera, multi, swirl (in some kind)
They got pupils on specially eyes: goat, innocent, dark sclera, multi, swirl (in some kind)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I agree I can see how it almost looks like they do, but yeah I think it is shading
still, I didn't realize until now that it kind of looks like they do!
I agree I can see how it almost looks like they do, but yeah I think it is shading
still, I didn't realize until now that it kind of looks like they do!
~~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
---