Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Failed Project Dragons
1 2
I only want the exact dragon, though I will pay for genes if it's frustrating enough. It took me four years to get [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62790604]this [/url], an exact twin of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/24234638]this dragon[/url] for lore, and then a g1 pair popped this out in six months and I kinda want to gene her instead even though it will cost 6000 gems instead of the 3000 the other will cost. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64209391][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/642094/64209391_350.png[/img][/url]
I only want the exact dragon, though I will pay for genes if it's frustrating enough. It took me four years to get this , an exact twin of this dragon for lore, and then a g1 pair popped this out in six months and I kinda want to gene her instead even though it will cost 6000 gems instead of the 3000 the other will cost.

64209391_350.png
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Honestly I don't think I've ever settled for 'Good enough' if I've gotten to the point of making an entire breeding project around the dragon. If I see a dragon that's maybe one color off on the AH already? THEN maybe I'll settle if the color difference isn't too big.

For Big Long projects that take MONTHS though, I don't like settling. It almost feels like a defeat, or like the days/weeks/months already spent on the project were wasted after all.

Props to folks that are okay with settling though! I actually admire y'all for being able to do it.
Honestly I don't think I've ever settled for 'Good enough' if I've gotten to the point of making an entire breeding project around the dragon. If I see a dragon that's maybe one color off on the AH already? THEN maybe I'll settle if the color difference isn't too big.

For Big Long projects that take MONTHS though, I don't like settling. It almost feels like a defeat, or like the days/weeks/months already spent on the project were wasted after all.

Props to folks that are okay with settling though! I actually admire y'all for being able to do it.
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
Never. I will compromise on gender now that we have silhouette scrolls, and ditto for eyes, but colours? Absolutely not.
Never. I will compromise on gender now that we have silhouette scrolls, and ditto for eyes, but colours? Absolutely not.
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
I usually don't settle.

Eyes are a case-by-case for me.
I have pairs who have been breeding since before vials were a thing. I don't feel right using vials on their offspring on personal vendeta with rng. (tldr; I went through a lot of breeding to get 100% color pairs. Im not giving up on them now after all that trouble.)
But any project that comes after the vial drop I don't make a fuss over eye-types. If a dragon is born with the wrong eye-type we have vials now.

But I'm also the type of person who looks through several scry options when planning my projects and take weeks to months to decide a final look based off how they look in apparel, skins, among my other dragons (are they too similar to anyone). So usually I know exactly what I want from my projects.

---
In your case personally I'd keep going. The duller color on the mane just doesn't look as nice imo since its against a light primal.
I usually don't settle.

Eyes are a case-by-case for me.
I have pairs who have been breeding since before vials were a thing. I don't feel right using vials on their offspring on personal vendeta with rng. (tldr; I went through a lot of breeding to get 100% color pairs. Im not giving up on them now after all that trouble.)
But any project that comes after the vial drop I don't make a fuss over eye-types. If a dragon is born with the wrong eye-type we have vials now.

But I'm also the type of person who looks through several scry options when planning my projects and take weeks to months to decide a final look based off how they look in apparel, skins, among my other dragons (are they too similar to anyone). So usually I know exactly what I want from my projects.

---
In your case personally I'd keep going. The duller color on the mane just doesn't look as nice imo since its against a light primal.
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
I usually keep going until I get the desired outcome but I've made 1 exception so far! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78943028][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/789431/78943028_350.png[/img][/url] This lady was the result of an incredibly lucky and unlucky nest. Their parents wegged me and, against the odds I got exactly the colours and gender I wanted so I decided to retire them. She'll cost me another 1.2kg because I needed her primary to be metallic and she came out with iridescent unfortunately. My problem with projects is that they usually come to life to match an outfit or skin/accent that inspires me and I've made plans for, especially if I want the eyes to play a special role in the look so I wouldn't accept colours being wrong even in the slightest because it usually means upsetting the whole look. In your case, I'd probably keep going but keep this lucky and really pretty primal for potential lore expansion. You can always see if you grow to like her and settle while still trying for your desired combo!
I usually keep going until I get the desired outcome but I've made 1 exception so far!

78943028_350.png
This lady was the result of an incredibly lucky and unlucky nest. Their parents wegged me and, against the odds I got exactly the colours and gender I wanted so I decided to retire them. She'll cost me another 1.2kg because I needed her primary to be metallic and she came out with iridescent unfortunately.

My problem with projects is that they usually come to life to match an outfit or skin/accent that inspires me and I've made plans for, especially if I want the eyes to play a special role in the look so I wouldn't accept colours being wrong even in the slightest because it usually means upsetting the whole look.

In your case, I'd probably keep going but keep this lucky and really pretty primal for potential lore expansion. You can always see if you grow to like her and settle while still trying for your desired combo!
R9q6x.gif(xxxxx)zgyUH.gif(xxxxx)oLxfF.gif
| 9+ FR Time |Current Project | Italian | Dressing Room Help |Lore Thread
1 2