Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Failed Project Dragons
1 2
I'm currently breeding to get an xxy for some lore and found a couple that will give me that combo. But it's been so long and they hatched a primal (which I was gonna use a vial on for this dragon) and it's x(the color I want)/y(one that's right next to it on the wheel)/ z(the tert color I did want).

For those that do projects how often do u abandon them or just settle for something close enough? I'm curious to hear!
I'm currently breeding to get an xxy for some lore and found a couple that will give me that combo. But it's been so long and they hatched a primal (which I was gonna use a vial on for this dragon) and it's x(the color I want)/y(one that's right next to it on the wheel)/ z(the tert color I did want).

For those that do projects how often do u abandon them or just settle for something close enough? I'm curious to hear!
Check out my alphabet challenge
DX3f5.gifu6fMF.gifPE5Uc.gif
I went several months on my last project, despite multiple candidate pairs. But thats because I wanted the shades of those particular colors to coordinate in a specific way. So I guess for me it would depend what your odds are, how much you like the looks of the xyz you got, instead of the xx you were hoping for.

Who's the new lucky hatchling?
I went several months on my last project, despite multiple candidate pairs. But thats because I wanted the shades of those particular colors to coordinate in a specific way. So I guess for me it would depend what your odds are, how much you like the looks of the xyz you got, instead of the xx you were hoping for.

Who's the new lucky hatchling?
cDDSaqc.png
@LadyRaptor Im thinking I'll breed them a couple more times and see how it goes- i specifically wanted a female pose. I'm currently renting a nest from a friend since I wanted light eyes. My original plane was stone/stone/murk but she's stone/taupe/murk. There's not much of a difference in the colors I suppose and I don't plan to breed her for another project. I keep squinting suspiciously and how her tert works. The hatchling [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80007427][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/800075/80007427_350.png[/img][/url] The original plan [Img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=142&tertgene=19&winggene=88&wings=52&auth=4479c9783489a2d3f07957c26df25155e7780984&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Plan with this hatchling [Img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=142&tertgene=19&winggene=88&wings=95&auth=8f491c0f78324b6cbb941d9eab7bead14daabaff&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@LadyRaptor
Im thinking I'll breed them a couple more times and see how it goes- i specifically wanted a female pose. I'm currently renting a nest from a friend since I wanted light eyes.

My original plane was stone/stone/murk but she's stone/taupe/murk. There's not much of a difference in the colors I suppose and I don't plan to breed her for another project. I keep squinting suspiciously and how her tert works.

The hatchling
80007427_350.png

The original plan
dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=142&tertgene=19&winggene=88&wings=52&auth=4479c9783489a2d3f07957c26df25155e7780984&dummyext=prev.png

Plan with this hatchling
dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=88&breed=15&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=142&tertgene=19&winggene=88&wings=95&auth=8f491c0f78324b6cbb941d9eab7bead14daabaff&dummyext=prev.png
Check out my alphabet challenge
DX3f5.gifu6fMF.gifPE5Uc.gif
I don't do projects very often, but when I do projects that require nest rentals, I generally keep the reject hatchlings. I also sometimes settle for visually close enough (especially for the secondary) but I prefer to be on point.
as for abandoning... I don't permanently abandon breeding projects, I just put them on the back burner for rescrying and retrying.
I don't do projects very often, but when I do projects that require nest rentals, I generally keep the reject hatchlings. I also sometimes settle for visually close enough (especially for the secondary) but I prefer to be on point.
as for abandoning... I don't permanently abandon breeding projects, I just put them on the back burner for rescrying and retrying.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Well the taupe doesn't look bad to me. The darker shade in the wings coordinates with the darker tone of the belly. The bigger difference is the shade of the mane. The stone is a warmer shade, more brown.
Well the taupe doesn't look bad to me. The darker shade in the wings coordinates with the darker tone of the belly. The bigger difference is the shade of the mane. The stone is a warmer shade, more brown.
cDDSaqc.png
Breeding projects are painful so usually I just settle for "close enough" after a few misses
Breeding projects are painful so usually I just settle for "close enough" after a few misses
IMG_3849.png
unless by some miracle what i hatch looks better than the original plan, i keep going
unless by some miracle what i hatch looks better than the original plan, i keep going
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I started recently doing projects and I will never give any that I have now up completely. just maybe take a break then keep going with a fresh perspective...
I started recently doing projects and I will never give any that I have now up completely. just maybe take a break then keep going with a fresh perspective...
76546600p.pngHxP6kXi.png5vBmPXW.png9vcebAv.png98aej12.pngxe4FQbY.pngRFvdPMt.pngynsC8gT.png5cGqrId.png5A0cdTf.pngmPQFox6.pngaQp8eZz.pngHe9H6Ep.png
Sckt29g.png
I often only want the exact dragon because of how it looks usually, especially with accent colors in the genes. Or bc I want a specific gender (if for a breeding pair) or to avoid spending more on a silhouette scroll A few I settled on however: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49587478][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/495875/49587478_350.png[/img][/url] Corvus I deleted his og project scry but I remember it had primal eyes (before the vials so getting one with correct colors was hard and his faceted eyes with this accent worked as a great replacement) Only scry I have now is this one of Corvus regened, which I'm not sure I'll ever get around to making XD [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=118&bodygene=23&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=59&tertgene=20&winggene=23&wings=8&auth=3da3d6799af3de0f237d5310c173091659e413aa&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70199130][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701992/70199130_350.png[/img][/url] Eris isn't exactly a fail, she has the right colors but instead of changing her primary as planned I left it as is. She was also born with multigaze when I was just in need of common, felt like a waste to change it so I kept them It can be a huge pain though being so picky with most of my projects. Sometimes I'm lenient with color ranges or gender and it can still take months. But if I like it enough I push through- it's free fodder after all for all the rejects
I often only want the exact dragon because of how it looks usually, especially with accent colors in the genes. Or bc I want a specific gender (if for a breeding pair) or to avoid spending more on a silhouette scroll

A few I settled on however:

49587478_350.png
Corvus

I deleted his og project scry but I remember it had primal eyes (before the vials so getting one with correct colors was hard and his faceted eyes with this accent worked as a great replacement)

Only scry I have now is this one of Corvus regened, which I'm not sure I'll ever get around to making XD
dragon?age=1&body=118&bodygene=23&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=4&gender=0&tert=59&tertgene=20&winggene=23&wings=8&auth=3da3d6799af3de0f237d5310c173091659e413aa&dummyext=prev.png

70199130_350.png
Eris isn't exactly a fail, she has the right colors but instead of changing her primary as planned I left it as is. She was also born with multigaze when I was just in need of common, felt like a waste to change it so I kept them

It can be a huge pain though being so picky with most of my projects.
Sometimes I'm lenient with color ranges or gender and it can still take months. But if I like it enough I push through- it's free fodder after all for all the rejects
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
@berrybbtr Honestly I like the way the scry looks better with taupe. I think the slightly darker shade on the wings looks really nice, and adds a sort of dimension to that area. And the cooler tone mane looks a little more like a stone statue, if that's what you're going for. Of course, if you want to keep trying, by all means do it! I just think she looks really nice with those colors
@berrybbtr Honestly I like the way the scry looks better with taupe. I think the slightly darker shade on the wings looks really nice, and adds a sort of dimension to that area. And the cooler tone mane looks a little more like a stone statue, if that's what you're going for. Of course, if you want to keep trying, by all means do it! I just think she looks really nice with those colors
1 2