Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinion on the new Fest familiar?
1 2 3 4 5 6
It's the cutest! <3 I love its eyes.
It's the cutest! <3 I love its eyes.
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3
It is very cute! I am excited for the upcoming familiars from other festivals.
It is very cute! I am excited for the upcoming familiars from other festivals.
Habibi
Habibi
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
It's very cute
It's very cute
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
It's quite cute, I like it a lot! Makes me curious and excited for this year's fest fams. Are we getting flight themed weasel like creatures? Or maybe we'll be getting different small animals for each flight?

I'm hoping for the second since I prefer variety, but I would still be okay with a bunch of fun weasels
It's quite cute, I like it a lot! Makes me curious and excited for this year's fest fams. Are we getting flight themed weasel like creatures? Or maybe we'll be getting different small animals for each flight?

I'm hoping for the second since I prefer variety, but I would still be okay with a bunch of fun weasels
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif

name's ash! | they/them
okay to ping!

I love him.
I love him.
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
Lame, but if this is a part of the sprite/goblin/gem set, it's not surprising. The "same creature but we added some different accessories" sets are always the worst ones, mainly because they just feel repetitive and uninspired when compared to everything else
Lame, but if this is a part of the sprite/goblin/gem set, it's not surprising. The "same creature but we added some different accessories" sets are always the worst ones, mainly because they just feel repetitive and uninspired when compared to everything else
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
it's cute. I'm really not a fan of overly cutesy animal designs or the way the accessories are just sort of... attached to it, so it's not for me, but I can understand why a lot of people like it. I'm curious to see what the rest of the year's set will be, mustelids would be... kinda weird and arbitrary, but I suppose there's enough diversity in that family to make an interesting set. better than the bears at least? a water otter feels inevitable, and maybe a winter white ermine for ice and a wolverine or honey badger for plague? I hope they're different animals and not just variations of the slink's ambiguously stylized ferret/stoat look. I'm also curious to see whether this set will continue to mirror the aura apparel; the baubles on the slink look an awful lot like the light aura baubles, but spheres of light show up in a lot of official light flight art so it might be coincidental this might also be coincidental but imo the markings on the slink really resemble the sunbeam ursa? I'm interested to see if these guys are meant to match the bears or if that's just coincidental. seems like a pretty distinctive pattern, only irl equivalent I can think of are the horizontal stripes on juvenile tapirs, but maybe staff just likes the look and there's nothing more to it, who knows [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/45792.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/4156.png[/img]
it's cute. I'm really not a fan of overly cutesy animal designs or the way the accessories are just sort of... attached to it, so it's not for me, but I can understand why a lot of people like it. I'm curious to see what the rest of the year's set will be, mustelids would be... kinda weird and arbitrary, but I suppose there's enough diversity in that family to make an interesting set. better than the bears at least? a water otter feels inevitable, and maybe a winter white ermine for ice and a wolverine or honey badger for plague? I hope they're different animals and not just variations of the slink's ambiguously stylized ferret/stoat look. I'm also curious to see whether this set will continue to mirror the aura apparel; the baubles on the slink look an awful lot like the light aura baubles, but spheres of light show up in a lot of official light flight art so it might be coincidental

this might also be coincidental but imo the markings on the slink really resemble the sunbeam ursa? I'm interested to see if these guys are meant to match the bears or if that's just coincidental. seems like a pretty distinctive pattern, only irl equivalent I can think of are the horizontal stripes on juvenile tapirs, but maybe staff just likes the look and there's nothing more to it, who knows
45792.png4156.png
wpEE9mo.png
it is very cute and I like the design, but I can't help but wish we got birds or horses instead. I like mustelids but I'm a lil worried these guys will just be Bears, But Long (if that is indeed the theme)
it is very cute and I like the design, but I can't help but wish we got birds or horses instead. I like mustelids but I'm a lil worried these guys will just be Bears, But Long (if that is indeed the theme)
left star border ARCY • SHE/HER • FRT+3
avatar dragon | projects | wishlist | skin shop
right star border nonAp0O.png
Wow, some of these comments are... harsh.
Surely it's possible to not be all that into something without using absolutes like "worst."

ANYWAY!!
@Strangeflesh - Misread or not, I actually am so enamored of the idea of this being a jaguarundi? They're such incredibly rad and underappreciate creatures.

(Mustelid was still my own first read, but what if we're getting festival felines? I don't care if some people think super tightly-themed fest familiars are less interesting; I personally WOULD go feral for a bunch of elemental kitties.)

@Demagogue - You know, I bet it's completely deliberate! The implication is that there are certain markings "native" to elemental regions, which honestly makes a lot of sense even in-universe—both from the angle of "manifestations of the same kind of elemental magic" and from that of "evolving to live in the same biome."

Regardless of the rest, my own opinion is that I love gold, I love pointy little faces, I love the look of faceted eyes (not exactly what we've got going on here, obviously, but reminiscent of how they look on most breeds), and I love these little creatures.
Wow, some of these comments are... harsh.
Surely it's possible to not be all that into something without using absolutes like "worst."

ANYWAY!!
@Strangeflesh - Misread or not, I actually am so enamored of the idea of this being a jaguarundi? They're such incredibly rad and underappreciate creatures.

(Mustelid was still my own first read, but what if we're getting festival felines? I don't care if some people think super tightly-themed fest familiars are less interesting; I personally WOULD go feral for a bunch of elemental kitties.)

@Demagogue - You know, I bet it's completely deliberate! The implication is that there are certain markings "native" to elemental regions, which honestly makes a lot of sense even in-universe—both from the angle of "manifestations of the same kind of elemental magic" and from that of "evolving to live in the same biome."

Regardless of the rest, my own opinion is that I love gold, I love pointy little faces, I love the look of faceted eyes (not exactly what we've got going on here, obviously, but reminiscent of how they look on most breeds), and I love these little creatures.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
1 2 3 4 5 6