Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why Unnamed?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
Some dragons in my lair have gone unnamed for years. It’s just that I’m waiting for the perfect name to strike me… and that I usually forget.
Some dragons in my lair have gone unnamed for years. It’s just that I’m waiting for the perfect name to strike me… and that I usually forget.
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I've got a couple dragons that I spent a good amount of money on that just haven't been named. It's usually because I can't find anything that fits them, and keeping them unnamed just fits better.
I've got a couple dragons that I spent a good amount of money on that just haven't been named. It's usually because I can't find anything that fits them, and keeping them unnamed just fits better.
Y9I69cz.png
North
> They/He
> Aroace
> Trans

> Avatar Dragon
> Wishlist
> Lore
> Permababies + G1s

Untitled220_20210607122747.png
I usually don't name my dragons until I "finish" them, whether that means regening, creating an outfit for them or finding a mate. It just has to feel right, yknow?
I usually don't name my dragons until I "finish" them, whether that means regening, creating an outfit for them or finding a mate. It just has to feel right, yknow?
S1RYPFw.png
I have dragons I didn't name for years.
I have dragons I didn't name for years.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
  1. Sometimes I just don't know what to name a new dragon. I'm bad at names, and I don't want to give them one I don't even like. So sometimes they'll sit around nameless for a while until I decide on one
  2. I have a couple dragons in my den that aren't permas and don't have names because I just...don't think about them much? They're there to look pretty, not to have lore. I'm sure I'll name them eventually, I just don't see a need.
  3. I have one old unnamed 7-digit g1 whom I wanted to keep a total blank slate. I made it a part of their lore, too. So they're unnamed forever now haha
  1. Sometimes I just don't know what to name a new dragon. I'm bad at names, and I don't want to give them one I don't even like. So sometimes they'll sit around nameless for a while until I decide on one
  2. I have a couple dragons in my den that aren't permas and don't have names because I just...don't think about them much? They're there to look pretty, not to have lore. I'm sure I'll name them eventually, I just don't see a need.
  3. I have one old unnamed 7-digit g1 whom I wanted to keep a total blank slate. I made it a part of their lore, too. So they're unnamed forever now haha
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
It takes me forever to think of names if I impulse buy dragons so sometimes I have unnamed dragons sitting in my lair for months if I like plan to keep them. If they're fodder then I just randomize names for them because it doesn't matter so much if I like the names. I always name dragons I breed before listing them in the AH though just to make sure they don't go unnamed permanently.
It takes me forever to think of names if I impulse buy dragons so sometimes I have unnamed dragons sitting in my lair for months if I like plan to keep them. If they're fodder then I just randomize names for them because it doesn't matter so much if I like the names. I always name dragons I breed before listing them in the AH though just to make sure they don't go unnamed permanently.
[quote name="Legettios" date="2022-05-27 22:15:35" ] i mean.. sometimes people (me) dont have a name idea in mind immediately after purchasing, especially if their names are important to lore [/quote]
Legettios wrote on 2022-05-27 22:15:35:
i mean.. sometimes people (me) dont have a name idea in mind immediately after purchasing, especially if their names are important to lore
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Because I can take a while to think of a name, yes sometimes years bc I have other things I'm focusing on. I'd prefer to leave them unnamed than give something temporary and have to use a rename scroll (plus, leaving them unnamed is like a reminder for me)

Tbh I prefer to buy pre-named dragons to bypass the "have to find a perfect name" stage.

A few however, I leave unnamed on purpose for their lore (example being a shade touched goaler I have. She never earned her name and has no need for one now as a shade-being.)

Because I can take a while to think of a name, yes sometimes years bc I have other things I'm focusing on. I'd prefer to leave them unnamed than give something temporary and have to use a rename scroll (plus, leaving them unnamed is like a reminder for me)

Tbh I prefer to buy pre-named dragons to bypass the "have to find a perfect name" stage.

A few however, I leave unnamed on purpose for their lore (example being a shade touched goaler I have. She never earned her name and has no need for one now as a shade-being.)

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
I have a 240 gem girl that was gifted to me, and remains unnamed. Shes the female skydancer next to Maoltuile, and his mate. I got her years ago and she'll remain unnamed for eternity because it's cool and mysterious to me.

The splash/orchid/mauve nocturne was 70g and remains unnamed, mostly because I haven't thought of a suitable one just yet. That goes for most of the dragons I buy tbh. Unless they're already named or something pops into my head immediately, they tend to just sit there without a name until one spontaneously comes to mind. Naming them just isnt important to me at all.
I have a 240 gem girl that was gifted to me, and remains unnamed. Shes the female skydancer next to Maoltuile, and his mate. I got her years ago and she'll remain unnamed for eternity because it's cool and mysterious to me.

The splash/orchid/mauve nocturne was 70g and remains unnamed, mostly because I haven't thought of a suitable one just yet. That goes for most of the dragons I buy tbh. Unless they're already named or something pops into my head immediately, they tend to just sit there without a name until one spontaneously comes to mind. Naming them just isnt important to me at all.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
i have three dragons who are unnamed for lore reasons! i absolutely adore them and i don’t think i would get rid of them, but their names are just not known for whatever reason.

also, yeah, some dragons have been unnamed for months as i am hot garbage at actually naming. they’ll get one eventually, it’s just… when eventually is.
i have three dragons who are unnamed for lore reasons! i absolutely adore them and i don’t think i would get rid of them, but their names are just not known for whatever reason.

also, yeah, some dragons have been unnamed for months as i am hot garbage at actually naming. they’ll get one eventually, it’s just… when eventually is.
8aKVtucC_o.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13