Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sparkle thoughts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
I woke up and a friend sent me the news about the new gene. My reaction literally was "is this a joke? Its not April 1st anymore" But then it indeed was real. I am honestly astonished at the level right now. They are literal stickers that make your dragon look like its under a camera filter. Only the shapes, that dont even look like they are from the flight rising style, not even an ounce of glitter or shine (unlike firefly which does add some small lights to the dragon which make it a really gorgeous gene) To be honest, I expected better. I am aware a "sparkly" gene was well awaited, but this? Slappin some badly integrated stickers on a dragon and calling it a day? Ive seen more people point this out. I wish it looked more like the shiny sparkles of starmap or flaunt/flair, but a bit bigger and with color. But no... Ig the bar is set so low that some literal geometrical shapes that arent even integrated onto the dragons is enough to make everyone hyped. [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1]
I woke up and a friend sent me the news about the new gene. My reaction literally was "is this a joke? Its not April 1st anymore"
But then it indeed was real. I am honestly astonished at the level right now. They are literal stickers that make your dragon look like its under a camera filter. Only the shapes, that dont even look like they are from the flight rising style, not even an ounce of glitter or shine (unlike firefly which does add some small lights to the dragon which make it a really gorgeous gene)
To be honest, I expected better. I am aware a "sparkly" gene was well awaited, but this? Slappin some badly integrated stickers on a dragon and calling it a day?
Ive seen more people point this out. I wish it looked more like the shiny sparkles of starmap or flaunt/flair, but a bit bigger and with color. But no... Ig the bar is set so low that some literal geometrical shapes that arent even integrated onto the dragons is enough to make everyone hyped.
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
I .
I .
dove_cryptidove.pngfkWjutW.png5c15bb999532f9391109728396a638d13602f294.png
Actually, the sparkles match well with the many similar four-pointed stars on starmap and constellation!

And it looks good it’s a decent spread of color across a dragon without the gradient that firefly has (I hate firefly personally, and I know a lot of people hated it when it came out for the exact same reasoning you have for hating sparkle, ie. it looks like a sticker) and without the weird look that keel has.

Yeah I can live with the fun and funky sparkles methinks.

(Also I’m thankful that there’s no glow - the glow is the exact reason I’ll never touch firelfy with a ten foot pole)
Actually, the sparkles match well with the many similar four-pointed stars on starmap and constellation!

And it looks good it’s a decent spread of color across a dragon without the gradient that firefly has (I hate firefly personally, and I know a lot of people hated it when it came out for the exact same reasoning you have for hating sparkle, ie. it looks like a sticker) and without the weird look that keel has.

Yeah I can live with the fun and funky sparkles methinks.

(Also I’m thankful that there’s no glow - the glow is the exact reason I’ll never touch firelfy with a ten foot pole)
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
On the bright side, its going to be the easiest gene to draw. You just have to use the star brush preset that comes with almost any drawing program.

Im gonna slam it on so many of my dragon lol.

Still, its a cute nice simple gene and compliments quite well sparkly genes like starmap or flaunt
Besides not all genes to have to be super busy.
On the bright side, its going to be the easiest gene to draw. You just have to use the star brush preset that comes with almost any drawing program.

Im gonna slam it on so many of my dragon lol.

Still, its a cute nice simple gene and compliments quite well sparkly genes like starmap or flaunt
Besides not all genes to have to be super busy.
neutralh5.png
I love it!

It makes the crystal / facet genes look like light is reflecting from these genes! I also love the fact that this gene is sviable for ALL BREEDS at the same time!

( i still hope for firefly on gaolers... but now i would need to compare these 2 genes, because i love both)
I love it!

It makes the crystal / facet genes look like light is reflecting from these genes! I also love the fact that this gene is sviable for ALL BREEDS at the same time!

( i still hope for firefly on gaolers... but now i would need to compare these 2 genes, because i love both)
My support for: All Eye Suggestions in one Thread / Cool Colours / Give/Get Triple-Gened Gaolers / Give/Get Gaoler Dragons
"I wish it looked more like the shiny sparkles of starmap or flaunt/flair, but a bit bigger and with color."

this, pretty much. I feel like tertiares lately are just... not it. I get it they wanna give us simple terts, but why is simple tert = flat

idk will pretend like gene doesn't exist
"I wish it looked more like the shiny sparkles of starmap or flaunt/flair, but a bit bigger and with color."

this, pretty much. I feel like tertiares lately are just... not it. I get it they wanna give us simple terts, but why is simple tert = flat

idk will pretend like gene doesn't exist
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
i wish there was a bit more on the mane of the furry breeds, but otherwise i really like it. i don't like the glowy bits on most Firefly, so this not having the same effect is great.
i wish there was a bit more on the mane of the furry breeds, but otherwise i really like it. i don't like the glowy bits on most Firefly, so this not having the same effect is great.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
no likey
no likey
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
i like it, but i feel like it was sort of an excuse to come out with new genes regularly if that makes sense? obviously the devs and artists are very hard working and i congratulate them on that but i think it should have been some sort of apparel instead maybe! but i do like it, just not as much as other genes <3
i like it, but i feel like it was sort of an excuse to come out with new genes regularly if that makes sense? obviously the devs and artists are very hard working and i congratulate them on that but i think it should have been some sort of apparel instead maybe! but i do like it, just not as much as other genes <3
phrogfinal.png
I do not see myself using it on my dragons. But as a gene itself, we can have shiny Pokémon fan dragons with the sparkle effect now.
I do not see myself using it on my dragons. But as a gene itself, we can have shiny Pokémon fan dragons with the sparkle effect now.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20