Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | no titelort again :(
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I’m not even from Water, and I think he should have come back by now. Depriving one flight in particular of their deity for literal years seems unnecessarily unfair. I get they might be trying to make up an interesting plot point, but it should have been wrapped up within a year or two.
I’m not even from Water, and I think he should have come back by now. Depriving one flight in particular of their deity for literal years seems unnecessarily unfair. I get they might be trying to make up an interesting plot point, but it should have been wrapped up within a year or two.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
As someone outside of Water flight, I do think it's a really interesting plot hook, but I also think it sucks to be left hanging for so long and to be the subject of constant (good-natured, but still) "haha dad went to the store and never came back" jokes. There's also the fact that because it's been building up for such a long time, I'm sure a lot of people will be inevitably disappointed with the payoff no matter what it ends up being.

I felt similarly, albeit in a much less extreme way, when the Aberrations were previewed way before they actually released. Totally understand the staff for wanting to create hype in advance and especially for having to delay things, but waiting for something exciting that I know is coming at some point but not exactly when always stresses me out.
As someone outside of Water flight, I do think it's a really interesting plot hook, but I also think it sucks to be left hanging for so long and to be the subject of constant (good-natured, but still) "haha dad went to the store and never came back" jokes. There's also the fact that because it's been building up for such a long time, I'm sure a lot of people will be inevitably disappointed with the payoff no matter what it ends up being.

I felt similarly, albeit in a much less extreme way, when the Aberrations were previewed way before they actually released. Totally understand the staff for wanting to create hype in advance and especially for having to delay things, but waiting for something exciting that I know is coming at some point but not exactly when always stresses me out.
[quote name="Doodlepede" date="2022-04-19 18:48:25" ] i totally forgot that.. what the hell.... bruh you dont get to take away ANOTHER deity when you haven't even given the first one back what on earth[/quote] plot twist, we start losing the deities one by one until they’re all missing
Doodlepede wrote on 2022-04-19 18:48:25:
i totally forgot that.. what the hell.... bruh you dont get to take away ANOTHER deity when you haven't even given the first one back what on earth
plot twist, we start losing the deities one by one until they’re all missing
................................... .
MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
... jdlAmNx.gif ... .
Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
it's probably not an intential delay, abby development had been extended for a couple months and i think the plot has been moved back in development to prioritise other things. there's only so much admin can do, and everyone wants something or other in the shortest amount of time

that said, i hope tightlard comes back soon :(
it's probably not an intential delay, abby development had been extended for a couple months and i think the plot has been moved back in development to prioritise other things. there's only so much admin can do, and everyone wants something or other in the shortest amount of time

that said, i hope tightlard comes back soon :(
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
[quote name="monosoons" date="2022-04-24 06:01:52" ] [quote name="Doodlepede" date="2022-04-19 18:48:25" ] i totally forgot that.. what the hell.... bruh you dont get to take away ANOTHER deity when you haven't even given the first one back what on earth[/quote] plot twist, we start losing the deities one by one until they’re all missing [/quote] That is already kind of happening. Back in 2015: [quote name="Windsinger" date="2015-03-30 04:36:33" ] - snip - My journey was not for naught - I am now in possession of the most comprehensive map of the eleven territories in all of Sornieth! Here - I will share it with you, my fellow adventurers! ...wait... ...where did it go? ...I suppose there was some turbulence over The Wyrmwound - which I could have stopped, of course, but chose not to- but... could it be in that cesspool? Fellow adventurers - I'm afraid I must leave again. It's time for a journey to The Wyrmwound! [/quote] We now have the updated world map, but as far as we are aware we dont have the Windsinger. Now, the Tidelord and Earthshaker are also gone :/
monosoons wrote on 2022-04-24 06:01:52:
Doodlepede wrote on 2022-04-19 18:48:25:
i totally forgot that.. what the hell.... bruh you dont get to take away ANOTHER deity when you haven't even given the first one back what on earth
plot twist, we start losing the deities one by one until they’re all missing
That is already kind of happening. Back in 2015:
Windsinger wrote on 2015-03-30 04:36:33:
- snip -

My journey was not for naught - I am now in possession of the most comprehensive map of the eleven territories in all of Sornieth! Here - I will share it with you, my fellow adventurers!

...wait...

...where did it go?

...I suppose there was some turbulence over The Wyrmwound - which I could have stopped, of course, but chose not to- but... could it be in that cesspool?

Fellow adventurers - I'm afraid I must leave again. It's time for a journey to The Wyrmwound!
We now have the updated world map, but as far as we are aware we dont have the Windsinger. Now, the Tidelord and Earthshaker are also gone :/
lHdQ8WC.gif arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fr time +3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Any pronouns
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Likes GI and HSR
at least we got titelort statue to fill the void
at least we got titelort statue to fill the void
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
oh so they just did not plan this out at all. really should have waited to do story stuff until the stuff they were building toward was actually almost finished. yknow so they wouldn't end up shooting themselves in the foot like this. I understand them making compromises in order to keep site interest up but still lol. big yikes from me. It just seems like a serious deficit in thorough planning. >:/

bro im not water flight, i dont even care about or particularly like canon lore, that's why I've thrown out 99% of it and wrote my own. but a LOT of players are very invested in canon lore, so i am aware i am in the minority. but damn man, this is making me upset, at least on behalf of people who care more.

i strongly suggest they just change the story to make him come back now. four years without one of the eleven is just completely ridiculous. this is just my initial smattering of thoughts upon reading the. update? thing
oh so they just did not plan this out at all. really should have waited to do story stuff until the stuff they were building toward was actually almost finished. yknow so they wouldn't end up shooting themselves in the foot like this. I understand them making compromises in order to keep site interest up but still lol. big yikes from me. It just seems like a serious deficit in thorough planning. >:/

bro im not water flight, i dont even care about or particularly like canon lore, that's why I've thrown out 99% of it and wrote my own. but a LOT of players are very invested in canon lore, so i am aware i am in the minority. but damn man, this is making me upset, at least on behalf of people who care more.

i strongly suggest they just change the story to make him come back now. four years without one of the eleven is just completely ridiculous. this is just my initial smattering of thoughts upon reading the. update? thing
dBieivA.png
eIK5iG7.png
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
xj6Mn2e.png
A Bottomless Curse,
A Bottomless Sea
Accepting of
All that there Is
And can Be
65911250.png
WbuVpYC.png
@Doodlepede

The post says that they did have plans that fell through timeline-wise due to various technical issues and Covid, not that they had no plans to start with! We're still going to get whatever Tidelord is intended to bring to the site, it's just taking longer than the devs thought it would. It sucks, but hey, that's life.

I enjoy the lore and I wouldn't want them to make any hasty, rushed changes to what they've planned, even if it takes longer to get there!

I definitely get why people (especially Water folks) are frustrated about the Tidelord being missing, but on the other hand it gives Ol' Barnacle Shoulders a smidgen more character development than a lot of the other gods, haha.
@Doodlepede

The post says that they did have plans that fell through timeline-wise due to various technical issues and Covid, not that they had no plans to start with! We're still going to get whatever Tidelord is intended to bring to the site, it's just taking longer than the devs thought it would. It sucks, but hey, that's life.

I enjoy the lore and I wouldn't want them to make any hasty, rushed changes to what they've planned, even if it takes longer to get there!

I definitely get why people (especially Water folks) are frustrated about the Tidelord being missing, but on the other hand it gives Ol' Barnacle Shoulders a smidgen more character development than a lot of the other gods, haha.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
@Sallin (pardon me if i come across as antagonistic, not my intent)

reading the post again (i had just wanted to dump my initial thoughts),
i still think a big part of the issue is in logistical planning. Somewhere along the line, they were unrealistic about how much they could accomplish in a reasonable amount of time. I understand that some unexpected things took precedence, but they therefore should have communicated that the plot thread would be delayed in accordance. Titelort has been gone since 2018 for goodness sakes. he's been gone for almost half the site's lifespan, and the 'update', lets call it, indicates he's gonna be gone farrr longer.

to be completely clear, I think that is literally stupid. full offense, that is stupid. I think it is literally completely stupid to make any of the deities be gone for literal years. deities are the symbol of their flight, which is yknow. the central gimmick of the site. Any petsite can have dragon dress up, but its flights that make FR special. The whole year is centered around the flights, their cultures and holidays. it's pretty fantastic! people that care about canon lore tend to really latch onto the deities, which makes sense. they're the most important symbol of the flights. with them being gone, it takes away from the site's identity, at least when it's gone on as long as this, to the point that to many if not most, it's no longer interesting and is only depressing and frustrating.

the reason, of course, that titelort is getting the brunt of the negativity about this is because they straight up changed his pfp for his forum posts, which they didn't do for any other deities. that way, even if you don't read the lore itself, you still know. it feels a lot more real and important in that way.
I strongly disagree that it's character development. a character isn't developed if they aren't like. written. Besides, the lore around each of the ancients gives a LOT of implicit characterization to their creators, and since t1t3l0rt doesn't have his yet... its actually the ones with ancients that have more going on, at least imo.
@Sallin (pardon me if i come across as antagonistic, not my intent)

reading the post again (i had just wanted to dump my initial thoughts),
i still think a big part of the issue is in logistical planning. Somewhere along the line, they were unrealistic about how much they could accomplish in a reasonable amount of time. I understand that some unexpected things took precedence, but they therefore should have communicated that the plot thread would be delayed in accordance. Titelort has been gone since 2018 for goodness sakes. he's been gone for almost half the site's lifespan, and the 'update', lets call it, indicates he's gonna be gone farrr longer.

to be completely clear, I think that is literally stupid. full offense, that is stupid. I think it is literally completely stupid to make any of the deities be gone for literal years. deities are the symbol of their flight, which is yknow. the central gimmick of the site. Any petsite can have dragon dress up, but its flights that make FR special. The whole year is centered around the flights, their cultures and holidays. it's pretty fantastic! people that care about canon lore tend to really latch onto the deities, which makes sense. they're the most important symbol of the flights. with them being gone, it takes away from the site's identity, at least when it's gone on as long as this, to the point that to many if not most, it's no longer interesting and is only depressing and frustrating.

the reason, of course, that titelort is getting the brunt of the negativity about this is because they straight up changed his pfp for his forum posts, which they didn't do for any other deities. that way, even if you don't read the lore itself, you still know. it feels a lot more real and important in that way.
I strongly disagree that it's character development. a character isn't developed if they aren't like. written. Besides, the lore around each of the ancients gives a LOT of implicit characterization to their creators, and since t1t3l0rt doesn't have his yet... its actually the ones with ancients that have more going on, at least imo.
dBieivA.png
eIK5iG7.png
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
xj6Mn2e.png
A Bottomless Curse,
A Bottomless Sea
Accepting of
All that there Is
And can Be
65911250.png
WbuVpYC.png
[quote name="soots" date="2022-04-14 21:24:04" ] wait wHAT??? Tidelord is gone???? O_O I just returned after like... 4+ years [/quote] Yeah, dad's off buying milk and smokes. Hydromancers are resorting to using spirits in jugs to make up for the missing water magic (we got it as holiday apparel). Summer swimming pools are now a lot harder to refill, firefighting dragons have to resort to more traditional means, and dedicated surfers can't do cool/impossible water tricks anymore. It's all very inconvenient.
soots wrote on 2022-04-14 21:24:04:
wait wHAT??? Tidelord is gone???? O_O I just returned after like... 4+ years
Yeah, dad's off buying milk and smokes. Hydromancers are resorting to using spirits in jugs to make up for the missing water magic (we got it as holiday apparel). Summer swimming pools are now a lot harder to refill, firefighting dragons have to resort to more traditional means, and dedicated surfers can't do cool/impossible water tricks anymore. It's all very inconvenient.
IuDjzFM.pngUZVptov.png831f0bebcdd441b1d2f0e750d2fa942c84f6d0ef.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12