Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Four flights left, who next?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I hope for a Water release, if only because I want to know what's up with Mr. Tidelord!
I hope for a Water release, if only because I want to know what's up with Mr. Tidelord!
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
My guess is Water or Nature, but I really want it to be Lightning or Arcane just so we can have some more weird dragons.
My guess is Water or Nature, but I really want it to be Lightning or Arcane just so we can have some more weird dragons.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
I'm totally biased but I'd love to see a second Arcane breed!
I'm totally biased but I'd love to see a second Arcane breed!
dcf703ab-9a42-11ea-8cb1-bf4ff3e8f19c.gif Follow my Triple Basic to Rare Challenge! dcf703ab-9a42-11ea-8cb1-bf4ff3e8f19c.gif
[quote name="SecondToLast" date="2022-03-03 11:20:32" ] [quote name="Skiafray" date="2022-03-03 11:17:02" ] Wait, since when did Earth have an ancient? I thought Earth only had Snappers and Obelisks, both of which are modern breeds. [/quote] Staff said that they wanted to wait until all the flights had two breeds before moving onto third breeds. This is why we're ruling out Wind, Light and Earth, since all three of those flights already have two breeds. [/quote] Ah I see, I didn't remember that. Thanks for informing me
SecondToLast wrote on 2022-03-03 11:20:32:
Skiafray wrote on 2022-03-03 11:17:02:
Wait, since when did Earth have an ancient? I thought Earth only had Snappers and Obelisks, both of which are modern breeds.
Staff said that they wanted to wait until all the flights had two breeds before moving onto third breeds. This is why we're ruling out Wind, Light and Earth, since all three of those flights already have two breeds.
Ah I see, I didn't remember that. Thanks for informing me
70699137p.png
  • Obsessed with being nice.
  • Likes positive attention
  • Delicate bat wing hoarder
Hmm, other people have said it and I hadn't really concidered it before, but it could make sense that they would save Water for last. With the Tidelord having been missing for so long, if the new water ancient brings the Tidelord back with them, it would make sense that it would be fairly climactic. In terms of design predictions I hope they go the ancient sea monster route with fins and maybe some sort of bioluminescent tert gene.

Then going through the other flights we have left, I think Arcane probably has something to do with the forbidden portal. The Arcanist feels like a deity that would have created something too powerful that needed to be sealed away. Hubris and all that. Its probably the one I'm most excited for but I have no idea when it'd be in the order.

Lighting probably has something to do with the source or whatever its called, maybe something connected to some of the lore in the second age, which would be very exciting . I could see this maybe being next? Or maybe second in the order, unless it does tie into the second age, in which case I could see them saving it for latter, maybe even teasing some Light lore since they're pretty tied into all of that.

My current prediction for the next flight is Nature. It'd make sense with Plague and Nature being sister flights and there's a decent amount of lose ends in Plague's BotE story that tie into the Nature side of that, as well as some unanswered questions in the Aberrations short lore story that could be answered by the introduction of Nature's perspective. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the idea that the next might be a gem breed as the last two were treasure, I feel like it would only be fair that Nature gets a treasure breed for their ancient.
Hmm, other people have said it and I hadn't really concidered it before, but it could make sense that they would save Water for last. With the Tidelord having been missing for so long, if the new water ancient brings the Tidelord back with them, it would make sense that it would be fairly climactic. In terms of design predictions I hope they go the ancient sea monster route with fins and maybe some sort of bioluminescent tert gene.

Then going through the other flights we have left, I think Arcane probably has something to do with the forbidden portal. The Arcanist feels like a deity that would have created something too powerful that needed to be sealed away. Hubris and all that. Its probably the one I'm most excited for but I have no idea when it'd be in the order.

Lighting probably has something to do with the source or whatever its called, maybe something connected to some of the lore in the second age, which would be very exciting . I could see this maybe being next? Or maybe second in the order, unless it does tie into the second age, in which case I could see them saving it for latter, maybe even teasing some Light lore since they're pretty tied into all of that.

My current prediction for the next flight is Nature. It'd make sense with Plague and Nature being sister flights and there's a decent amount of lose ends in Plague's BotE story that tie into the Nature side of that, as well as some unanswered questions in the Aberrations short lore story that could be answered by the introduction of Nature's perspective. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the idea that the next might be a gem breed as the last two were treasure, I feel like it would only be fair that Nature gets a treasure breed for their ancient.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
@TenderVulture I'd be totally game for a gigantic crocodilian beast! Maybe with a dorsal sail like Spinosaurus or Dimetrodon for the secondary, but with some discordant traits tossed in so that it isn't just a rebranded dinosaur or sail-backed Synapsid.

Maybe it could be semi-sprawled in posture, capable of running short burst like an alligator and jumping out of the water with a strong paddle tail (also in the colour of the secondary). Maybe it could have six legs, and be able to pivot to locomote on its' latter two pairs to use its' front claws to dig or slash.

Maybe a split respiratory system with retractible axolotl-type gills that could allow it to breathe both atmospheric air and oxygen dissolved in fresh to brackish water, for the perfect ambush from a dark woodline or murky stream. The Labyrinth in all its' jungle-y glory is a pretty wet place, so I think an amphibious species wouldn't be out of place.
@TenderVulture I'd be totally game for a gigantic crocodilian beast! Maybe with a dorsal sail like Spinosaurus or Dimetrodon for the secondary, but with some discordant traits tossed in so that it isn't just a rebranded dinosaur or sail-backed Synapsid.

Maybe it could be semi-sprawled in posture, capable of running short burst like an alligator and jumping out of the water with a strong paddle tail (also in the colour of the secondary). Maybe it could have six legs, and be able to pivot to locomote on its' latter two pairs to use its' front claws to dig or slash.

Maybe a split respiratory system with retractible axolotl-type gills that could allow it to breathe both atmospheric air and oxygen dissolved in fresh to brackish water, for the perfect ambush from a dark woodline or murky stream. The Labyrinth in all its' jungle-y glory is a pretty wet place, so I think an amphibious species wouldn't be out of place.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Any of flight sounds amazing, but Nature or Water would be amazing! I do love Nature's fierce aesthetics but forest spirit-like dragon must be cool too! (Or evil-looking forest spirit maybe? :D)

And Water, I agree with Tidelord's vacation have been too long... Also Water have so many potentials - from real-life sea creatures to gigantic 'Leviathan' dragon. They must be amazing!
Any of flight sounds amazing, but Nature or Water would be amazing! I do love Nature's fierce aesthetics but forest spirit-like dragon must be cool too! (Or evil-looking forest spirit maybe? :D)

And Water, I agree with Tidelord's vacation have been too long... Also Water have so many potentials - from real-life sea creatures to gigantic 'Leviathan' dragon. They must be amazing!
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
[quote name="Mutation" date="2022-03-05 10:34:30" ] @TenderVulture I'd be totally game for a gigantic crocodilian beast! Maybe with a dorsal sail like Spinosaurus or Dimetrodon for the secondary, but with some discordant traits tossed in so that it isn't just a rebranded dinosaur or sail-backed Synapsid. Maybe it could be semi-sprawled in posture, capable of running short burst like an alligator and jumping out of the water with a strong paddle tail (also in the colour of the secondary). Maybe it could have six legs, and be able to pivot to locomote on its' latter two pairs to use its' front claws to dig or slash. Maybe a split respiratory system with retractible axolotl-type gills that could allow it to breathe both atmospheric air and oxygen dissolved in fresh to brackish water, for the perfect ambush from a dark woodline or murky stream. The Labyrinth in all its' jungle-y glory is a pretty wet place, so I think an amphibious species wouldn't be out of place. [/quote] @Mutation OOH OOH OOH Maybe it could have a gharial face instead of a more regular crocodilian face? Or maybe a really heavy face like Purussaurus. I love the idea of it having a splayed posture, dorsal fin, and gills. And six legs!! Brilliant! Brackish environments my beloved.
Mutation wrote on 2022-03-05 10:34:30:

@Mutation

OOH OOH OOH

Maybe it could have a gharial face instead of a more regular crocodilian face? Or maybe a really heavy face like Purussaurus. I love the idea of it having a splayed posture, dorsal fin, and gills. And six legs!! Brilliant! Brackish environments my beloved.

• Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
personally, i think the next ancient breed is going to be water - i think it'll be connected to the tidelord (maybe something like dustcarve thats like a sitewide event??)

i think the next MODERN breed will be nature - while it may not be coming for a Hot Minute, they deserve it
personally, i think the next ancient breed is going to be water - i think it'll be connected to the tidelord (maybe something like dustcarve thats like a sitewide event??)

i think the next MODERN breed will be nature - while it may not be coming for a Hot Minute, they deserve it
1Wa1sIi.gif
felix || he/they
Nature getting a second breed after Plague does make the most sense. I'm still holding out hope for Water, though. Especially if it tells us what happened to Tidedad.
Nature getting a second breed after Plague does make the most sense. I'm still holding out hope for Water, though. Especially if it tells us what happened to Tidedad.
1 2 3 4 5 6