Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Four flights left, who next?
1 2 3 4 5 6
i kind of feel like the next breed may be limited or a gem breed, just because the last 2 breeds have been treasure. i also have a feeling arcane's ancient will be either gem or limited somehow... and i'm totally not biased in wanting the arcane ancient to be next ;)

i also feel like the water ancient will be later & tied to tidelord somehow, but at the same time, that is a lot if buildup for another ancient. like ancients are exciting, but it just seems weird that everyone else got their ancient out of the blue, but water had its deity missing for 3+ years for their ancient lol. like i feel like there has to be a reason? but i'm also not sure what kind of update other than another modern breed would really call for such a drawn-out and suspenseful story.
i kind of feel like the next breed may be limited or a gem breed, just because the last 2 breeds have been treasure. i also have a feeling arcane's ancient will be either gem or limited somehow... and i'm totally not biased in wanting the arcane ancient to be next ;)

i also feel like the water ancient will be later & tied to tidelord somehow, but at the same time, that is a lot if buildup for another ancient. like ancients are exciting, but it just seems weird that everyone else got their ancient out of the blue, but water had its deity missing for 3+ years for their ancient lol. like i feel like there has to be a reason? but i'm also not sure what kind of update other than another modern breed would really call for such a drawn-out and suspenseful story.
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts

SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
I suspect it'll be Nature, followed by Water and then possibly Arcane.

Nature because the Plague ancient just reemerged. Gladekeeper's bound to notice, and then might possibly bring Hers to come out as well. After all, there is a war brewing.
I suspect it'll be Nature, followed by Water and then possibly Arcane.

Nature because the Plague ancient just reemerged. Gladekeeper's bound to notice, and then might possibly bring Hers to come out as well. After all, there is a war brewing.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
while i would LOVE if arcane went next, my bets are on nature too. I feel it makes sense both on the story (Gladekeeper responding to plague ancients) and in gameplay (Nature only has a cycling gem breed)

Idk if it will be gem though, yeah obes were treasure but veils weren't that long ago if you think about it,,, Last week, they were the most recent ancient.

I'm guessing either Arcane or Water are going to get the next gem breed, since we have plentifuls?
while i would LOVE if arcane went next, my bets are on nature too. I feel it makes sense both on the story (Gladekeeper responding to plague ancients) and in gameplay (Nature only has a cycling gem breed)

Idk if it will be gem though, yeah obes were treasure but veils weren't that long ago if you think about it,,, Last week, they were the most recent ancient.

I'm guessing either Arcane or Water are going to get the next gem breed, since we have plentifuls?
1136473bo09ry2gpx.gif

Luciana ♥ She/Her ♥ FRT +5
Because Plague and Nature are connected my bet's on Nature being next.

Lightning or Water somewhere in the middle.

I also think Arcane would be last, since he's the youngest god, but we shall see about that. Perhaps, if the Forbidden Portal got a coli upgrade, that would be a good time to release an Arcane breed?
Because Plague and Nature are connected my bet's on Nature being next.

Lightning or Water somewhere in the middle.

I also think Arcane would be last, since he's the youngest god, but we shall see about that. Perhaps, if the Forbidden Portal got a coli upgrade, that would be a good time to release an Arcane breed?
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
Nature please I beg give us a cheaper breed - I can only ever dream of purchasing a Wildclaw Scroll so if it isn't a treasure gene I will cry
Nature please I beg give us a cheaper breed - I can only ever dream of purchasing a Wildclaw Scroll so if it isn't a treasure gene I will cry
[quote name="Tuatara" date="2022-03-02 21:05:45" ] I agree, it feels natural for it to be nature next. I feel like arcane could possibly be last, based on how the arcanist is the newest deity, born last of all the gods. I'm hyped for water, whenever that ancient comes, because surely, it'd come with news of Tidelord? [/quote] Agreed, honestly. As much as I want arcane to get their ancient asap, I think it would be most natural for them to be released last. Honestly I think the order would be nature -> water -> lightning -> arcane. I think it would be awesome if ancient nature lore is tied to abbers, or if lightning ancient lore is related to arcane.
Tuatara wrote on 2022-03-02 21:05:45:
I agree, it feels natural for it to be nature next. I feel like arcane could possibly be last, based on how the arcanist is the newest deity, born last of all the gods.

I'm hyped for water, whenever that ancient comes, because surely, it'd come with news of Tidelord?

Agreed, honestly. As much as I want arcane to get their ancient asap, I think it would be most natural for them to be released last. Honestly I think the order would be nature -> water -> lightning -> arcane. I think it would be awesome if ancient nature lore is tied to abbers, or if lightning ancient lore is related to arcane.
fr-sig.png
Wait, since when did Earth have an ancient? I thought Earth only had Snappers and Obelisks, both of which are modern breeds.
Wait, since when did Earth have an ancient? I thought Earth only had Snappers and Obelisks, both of which are modern breeds.
70699137p.png
  • Obsessed with being nice.
  • Likes positive attention
  • Delicate bat wing hoarder
[quote name="Skiafray" date="2022-03-03 11:17:02" ] Wait, since when did Earth have an ancient? I thought Earth only had Snappers and Obelisks, both of which are modern breeds. [/quote] Staff said that they wanted to wait until all the flights had two breeds before moving onto third breeds. This is why we're ruling out Wind, Light and Earth, since all three of those flights already have two breeds.
Skiafray wrote on 2022-03-03 11:17:02:
Staff said that they wanted to wait until all the flights had two breeds before moving onto third breeds. This is why we're ruling out Wind, Light and Earth, since all three of those flights already have two breeds.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
[quote name="Mutation" date="2022-03-02 22:04:40" ] I want it to be Nature so bad - it'd fit with the way the lore is going, with tensions rising as Plague uncovers an old new population of capable warriors. (Though the above comment does make a good point about us needing a Treasure breed too - maybe Water, then? They deserve a leviathan, I adore guardians but they could be more aquatic) Ours is also the only other breed (besides Imps) that isn't available year-round, and in our case for a completely arbitrary reason. What DOES the site gain from cycling out one of a combined TWO total rare-tier breeds? Is the FOMO of a few select days in the year really so strong that it leads to more Gem sales than would otherwise be made if the item was just available 27/7/356? When is it Coatls' turn? Does it have to be Coatls' turn? Can't Wildclaw scrolls just return permanently already? /Impromptu rant over Maybe the Gladekeeper was trapped into burying her children beneath the peat layers of the old world when the previous warring age ended and borders were decided. They were gigantic wingless semi-aquatic defenders of any territory gained through Her conquest, keeping other flights' ancients wary of the waterfront when venturing out to wage their gods' wars. The First Seed's roots might have been felt all around the world, and with tensions climbing again in the modern age, the peat deposits of the Labyrinth, and forgotten waterways of faraway territories are all starting to quake with the awakening of a six-legged old fury, loved by their maker but rejected by the world for their loyalty. [/quote] Maybe you'll get anaconda or crocodile dragons! Wouldn't that be something?
Mutation wrote on 2022-03-02 22:04:40:
I want it to be Nature so bad - it'd fit with the way the lore is going, with tensions rising as Plague uncovers an old new population of capable warriors. (Though the above comment does make a good point about us needing a Treasure breed too - maybe Water, then? They deserve a leviathan, I adore guardians but they could be more aquatic)

Ours is also the only other breed (besides Imps) that isn't available year-round, and in our case for a completely arbitrary reason. What DOES the site gain from cycling out one of a combined TWO total rare-tier breeds? Is the FOMO of a few select days in the year really so strong that it leads to more Gem sales than would otherwise be made if the item was just available 27/7/356? When is it Coatls' turn? Does it have to be Coatls' turn? Can't Wildclaw scrolls just return permanently already?

/Impromptu rant over

Maybe the Gladekeeper was trapped into burying her children beneath the peat layers of the old world when the previous warring age ended and borders were decided. They were gigantic wingless semi-aquatic defenders of any territory gained through Her conquest, keeping other flights' ancients wary of the waterfront when venturing out to wage their gods' wars.

The First Seed's roots might have been felt all around the world, and with tensions climbing again in the modern age, the peat deposits of the Labyrinth, and forgotten waterways of faraway territories are all starting to quake with the awakening of a six-legged old fury, loved by their maker but rejected by the world for their loyalty.

Maybe you'll get anaconda or crocodile dragons! Wouldn't that be something?
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
1 2 3 4 5 6