Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Four flights left, who next?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I just thought, what if the lightning ancient/second breed is a construct/robot

Not the most possible thing but I love the idea
I just thought, what if the lightning ancient/second breed is a construct/robot

Not the most possible thing but I love the idea
Please ping me if you are replying to me. This can be done by adding an @ to my name in the quote’s code.

I *was* going to have an art shop, but my tablet broke. Yay.
I read somewhere that each flight is supposed to have two modern breeds and one ancient, but I don't remember where I read that and if or not it's accurate. Right now it seems like the devs are going with two breeds per flight, regardless of the amount of modern and ancient.
I read somewhere that each flight is supposed to have two modern breeds and one ancient, but I don't remember where I read that and if or not it's accurate. Right now it seems like the devs are going with two breeds per flight, regardless of the amount of modern and ancient.
Qef5UlF.png
nl5keoc.png
pIlgc2u.png
1j6wDhn.png
d3OF3Gw.png
jA5A7gu.png
sy6UFIv.png
E3nmoMt.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
wZRY6Cl.gif 3a12fd70-a45a-45bb-93c0-0a24c3ae9dd2.jpg
For ancients I hope it's water. We need something fishy and scaly. I do love all the fluff we have, but I want to some thing truly aquatic.
For ancients I hope it's water. We need something fishy and scaly. I do love all the fluff we have, but I want to some thing truly aquatic.
Y02PS6v.png
We're hoping for Water or Lightning next :D A spooky space monster Arcane ancient would be cool too but spacing out the really weird breeds might be a good idea.
We're hoping for Water or Lightning next :D A spooky space monster Arcane ancient would be cool too but spacing out the really weird breeds might be a good idea.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
As a Nature person, I don't mind possibly not being the next flight to get an ancient. Plague's waited so long, and they still don't even really have a coli venue with their aesthetic!

Any new Ancient would be great, but I'm pretty hyped for Water since no doubt the water ancient will be paired with the Tidelord returning, and poor Water's been deity-less for quite a while now :P And while I adore Guardians, they've never looked to me like they're built to be aquatic. But a dragon that doesn't need to cleave to the anatomy rules could really be great! Fins instead of wings for the secondary? No back legs maybe to make them more swimmy/ streamlined? Line breaking terts like Angler or extra fins?
As a Nature person, I don't mind possibly not being the next flight to get an ancient. Plague's waited so long, and they still don't even really have a coli venue with their aesthetic!

Any new Ancient would be great, but I'm pretty hyped for Water since no doubt the water ancient will be paired with the Tidelord returning, and poor Water's been deity-less for quite a while now :P And while I adore Guardians, they've never looked to me like they're built to be aquatic. But a dragon that doesn't need to cleave to the anatomy rules could really be great! Fins instead of wings for the secondary? No back legs maybe to make them more swimmy/ streamlined? Line breaking terts like Angler or extra fins?
UJXttDL.png
I, like many other people in this thread, think Nature is next. The next most likely I'm thinking is Water. (Tidelord's been gone for almost 4 years now [emoji=guardian deadpan size=1])
I, like many other people in this thread, think Nature is next.

The next most likely I'm thinking is Water. (Tidelord's been gone for almost 4 years now )
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
[quote name="@Continlula" date="2022-03-03 06:24:50" ] I read somewhere that each flight is supposed to have two modern breeds and one ancient, but I don't remember where I read that and if or not it's accurate. Right now it seems like the devs are going with two breeds per flight, regardless of the amount of modern and ancient. [/quote] The devs have said that each Flight is going to get their second breed (ancient or not) before any of them get a third breed first. So, no Wind, Light, or Earth ancients until then.
@Continlula wrote on 2022-03-03 06:24:50:
The devs have said that each Flight is going to get their second breed (ancient or not) before any of them get a third breed first. So, no Wind, Light, or Earth ancients until then.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I think most likely for next are either Nature or Water- Nature because, as others have said, would tie in really well as a followup to Aberrations (as well as get them a non-cycling gem breed, didn't even think about that since I saw that in the thread), and Water because Tidelord has been gone so long. Then again, I could see water getting the next modern, which would likely put them last with how long it takes to get moderns ready to go. As much as I would love water to have modern, I kinda hope they go ancient instead since that will give a lot more leeway to make a super aquatic dragon.

Lightning and Arcane I think will be later, though I am very excited to see what will come for them. I think lightning constructs could be really cool (boss man started with making a dragon that can always work, doesn't need to eat or sleep as long as the battery is going kind of thing?), and I hope they go super eldritch for Arcane. I know we just got Aberrations but there is nothing saying we couldn't have two multi-headed ancients, and out of all the flights Arcane feels most appropriate for that.
I think most likely for next are either Nature or Water- Nature because, as others have said, would tie in really well as a followup to Aberrations (as well as get them a non-cycling gem breed, didn't even think about that since I saw that in the thread), and Water because Tidelord has been gone so long. Then again, I could see water getting the next modern, which would likely put them last with how long it takes to get moderns ready to go. As much as I would love water to have modern, I kinda hope they go ancient instead since that will give a lot more leeway to make a super aquatic dragon.

Lightning and Arcane I think will be later, though I am very excited to see what will come for them. I think lightning constructs could be really cool (boss man started with making a dragon that can always work, doesn't need to eat or sleep as long as the battery is going kind of thing?), and I hope they go super eldritch for Arcane. I know we just got Aberrations but there is nothing saying we couldn't have two multi-headed ancients, and out of all the flights Arcane feels most appropriate for that.
CVX0Ylh.png
This is my thought process (Wild speculation abound): [emoji=arcane rune size=1]) I don't think Arcane will be next as the Aberration is a very "out there" design and I expect Arcane's to follow suit. I wouldn't think they'd want these to be back-to-back. [emoji=nature rune size=1]) I don't think Nature will be next either as all the Ancients we've had so far have been common breeds, so I'm expecting the next one to be a gem breed. As others have already said in this thread, Nature needs a more readily available breed so no one wants their Ancient to be another gem breed. [emoji=water rune size=1]) I could see water being next as their breed is plentiful, so they can more then afford to have a gem breed. My only doubt they'll be next though is similar to Arcane. If they want to go the "deep sea monstrosity" route, they'll probably delay this one as well. That leaves me to the conclusion [i]that...[/i] [emoji=lightning rune size=1]) Lightning will be the next Ancient breed. Their only breed is common, so like Water they could afford to have a gem breed. I also don't see them going too "esoteric" for a Lightning Ancient, at least not as much as the Aberration. My guess is either A Thunderbird or an animated golem/artificial dragon. [i](I'll probably be completely wrong and Arcane will be next with like... A Sphinx or something) [/i]
This is my thought process (Wild speculation abound):

) I don't think Arcane will be next as the Aberration is a very "out there" design and I expect Arcane's to follow suit. I wouldn't think they'd want these to be back-to-back.

) I don't think Nature will be next either as all the Ancients we've had so far have been common breeds, so I'm expecting the next one to be a gem breed. As others have already said in this thread, Nature needs a more readily available breed so no one wants their Ancient to be another gem breed.

) I could see water being next as their breed is plentiful, so they can more then afford to have a gem breed. My only doubt they'll be next though is similar to Arcane. If they want to go the "deep sea monstrosity" route, they'll probably delay this one as well.

That leaves me to the conclusion that...

) Lightning will be the next Ancient breed. Their only breed is common, so like Water they could afford to have a gem breed. I also don't see them going too "esoteric" for a Lightning Ancient, at least not as much as the Aberration. My guess is either A Thunderbird or an animated golem/artificial dragon.

(I'll probably be completely wrong and Arcane will be next with like... A Sphinx or something)
Signature_zpss7bcoadx.jpg
I really hope its water or lightning, and I really hope its a giant snake-like dragon! I've been wanting a huge Worm / Serpentine / Limbless dragon breed!
I really hope its water or lightning, and I really hope its a giant snake-like dragon! I've been wanting a huge Worm / Serpentine / Limbless dragon breed!
Designated Ridgeback Smoocher
I'm on a quest to get every forum vista I can!
Icon Dragon | Sales Tab
1 2 3 4 5 6