Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: Broken penny jar trade = SCAM
1 2 3
Swipp is scamming y'all.

Broken bottles sell for 200t each or 2-4 of them for 1g on the AH. Giving Swipp 9 of them for a single penny jar with 200t inside is losing money.

Ask me how I know. RIP 7 stacks of broken bottles that could've been 150g.
Swipp is scamming y'all.

Broken bottles sell for 200t each or 2-4 of them for 1g on the AH. Giving Swipp 9 of them for a single penny jar with 200t inside is losing money.

Ask me how I know. RIP 7 stacks of broken bottles that could've been 150g.
5LqH0sj.png
Some Swipp trades do feel like a scam based on the AH prices, though not exactly a scam. Several trades I've found that the prices of the items required themselves in total cost more than the Swipp item (so, once, I bought said item off the AH directly instead XD )

But I think during NotN the broken penny jar trade would turn from scam to stonks. Imagine the amount of chances to obtain Strange Chest from continuously trading with Swipp...
Some Swipp trades do feel like a scam based on the AH prices, though not exactly a scam. Several trades I've found that the prices of the items required themselves in total cost more than the Swipp item (so, once, I bought said item off the AH directly instead XD )

But I think during NotN the broken penny jar trade would turn from scam to stonks. Imagine the amount of chances to obtain Strange Chest from continuously trading with Swipp...
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
It's not so much a scam now cause you get snow
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
Ohh... snow. Now that makes it work a little better in your favor!
Ohh... snow. Now that makes it work a little better in your favor!

OVmZor1.png
yes but clicky clicky money free and fast
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
I did the penny jar trade once and it was totally not worth it. Now I hoard them to use in alchemy because I need stuff to brew Bog Eggs
I did the penny jar trade once and it was totally not worth it. Now I hoard them to use in alchemy because I need stuff to brew Bog Eggs
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project
[quote name="starshiny" date="2022-01-27 10:36:56" ] yes but clicky clicky money free and fast [/quote] just like the joyful ease of selling Crim an Eliminate.
starshiny wrote on 2022-01-27 10:36:56:

just like the joyful ease of selling Crim an Eliminate.
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
Yeah, the 9 broken bottles are worth around 4,050T on the AH and can be used in Baldwin's Brew to brew beakers needed for higher level transmutations.

The penny jar contains only 200T and a broken bottle (worth around 450T on the AH.) It's very not worth it to trade 4,050T worth of broken bottles for one 650T Broken Penny Jar.

It's just like the Gilded Decorative Chest trade - the trade materials are worth far more than the item you receive in exchange.
Yeah, the 9 broken bottles are worth around 4,050T on the AH and can be used in Baldwin's Brew to brew beakers needed for higher level transmutations.

The penny jar contains only 200T and a broken bottle (worth around 450T on the AH.) It's very not worth it to trade 4,050T worth of broken bottles for one 650T Broken Penny Jar.

It's just like the Gilded Decorative Chest trade - the trade materials are worth far more than the item you receive in exchange.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Huh. Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind for next time.
Right now it gave me SO MUCH snow
…I’m trying to convince myself I wasn’t just scammed by the Trading Post again
Huh. Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind for next time.
Right now it gave me SO MUCH snow
…I’m trying to convince myself I wasn’t just scammed by the Trading Post again
[quote name="Coop7011" date="2022-01-27 09:53:29" ] It's not so much a scam now cause you get snow [/quote] Exactly. I got quite a few piles of snow from his trade!
Coop7011 wrote on 2022-01-27 09:53:29:

Exactly.

I got quite a few piles of snow from his trade!
Flight Rep Time:

Lightning|Water|Plague|Wind

Or browse some Old Oaks for sale?
1 2 3