Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Angsty lore headcanons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Blackvine" date="2021-12-03 06:53:07" ] The Shade smells like an enemy to tundras, whether they've encountered it or not. This doesn't change if they get corrupted themself. Shade-touched tundras often become violent and paranoid even before the Shade begin affecting their mind. Tundra's memories are completely reliant on their sense of smell. Since other dragon don't have this sense, breed-changed Tundras forget their old lives quickly. No one makes themself into a Tundra unless they want to leave something behind. The Shadowbinder and the Icewarden both hate the war. The Shadowbinder considers it a waste of time, dragons, and energy, while the Icewarden think it's a distraction from effectively containing the Shade. A few times in history, dragons of one flight have attempted to weaken another by creating an emperor. That's one of the few ways to get the personal, murderous attention of a deity. Even your own. [/quote] I’ve changed so many dragons I’ve picked up from the AH into tundras...
Blackvine wrote on 2021-12-03 06:53:07:
The Shade smells like an enemy to tundras, whether they've encountered it or not. This doesn't change if they get corrupted themself. Shade-touched tundras often become violent and paranoid even before the Shade begin affecting their mind.

Tundra's memories are completely reliant on their sense of smell. Since other dragon don't have this sense, breed-changed Tundras forget their old lives quickly. No one makes themself into a Tundra unless they want to leave something behind.

The Shadowbinder and the Icewarden both hate the war. The Shadowbinder considers it a waste of time, dragons, and energy, while the Icewarden think it's a distraction from effectively containing the Shade.

A few times in history, dragons of one flight have attempted to weaken another by creating an emperor. That's one of the few ways to get the personal, murderous attention of a deity. Even your own.

I’ve changed so many dragons I’ve picked up from the AH into tundras...
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-12-03 06:16:02" ] Stealing this from a game, and also returning to this thread, but wind dragons consider those who die in a place the wind does not blow to be souls forever lost and restless. Iykyk. [/quote] @mistywolf96 This could be an interesting addition to my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59142374]Stillsky [/url]dragons. (One of my personal subspecies that I didn't post anywhere ... I have like several kinds of those. XD ) Those who (in lore) were born when the Crescendos died and altered their life magic. Robbing them of the ability to fly, regardless of their species and wing size, but they can use that magic itself to still the winds and deny anything in a certain area the capability to fly. (Making this particular one very valuable to a group of sky pirates.) Perhaps they themselves have no soul, or are more adept at taking the souls of others due to it.
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-12-03 06:16:02:
Stealing this from a game, and also returning to this thread, but wind dragons consider those who die in a place the wind does not blow to be souls forever lost and restless. Iykyk.

@mistywolf96

This could be an interesting addition to my Stillsky dragons. (One of my personal subspecies that I didn't post anywhere ... I have like several kinds of those. XD ) Those who (in lore) were born when the Crescendos died and altered their life magic. Robbing them of the ability to fly, regardless of their species and wing size, but they can use that magic itself to still the winds and deny anything in a certain area the capability to fly. (Making this particular one very valuable to a group of sky pirates.)

Perhaps they themselves have no soul, or are more adept at taking the souls of others due to it.
4QFtgPW.png
Banescales are relatively small and plumage is a common trait. The local term for banescale in coatl is actually fire-gull, or bad-lizard-raven, as a result of bands of mobbing banescales returning to the shores along the border of fire/water. They aren’t truly feral, but their wild behaviors lend to distrust with coatls, who have come to see them as pests rather than fellow dragons. This does not bode well for either species.
Banescales are relatively small and plumage is a common trait. The local term for banescale in coatl is actually fire-gull, or bad-lizard-raven, as a result of bands of mobbing banescales returning to the shores along the border of fire/water. They aren’t truly feral, but their wild behaviors lend to distrust with coatls, who have come to see them as pests rather than fellow dragons. This does not bode well for either species.
[quote name="Reilata" date="2021-12-03 08:52:45" ] [quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-12-03 06:16:02" ] Stealing this from a game, and also returning to this thread, but wind dragons consider those who die in a place the wind does not blow to be souls forever lost and restless. Iykyk. [/quote] @/mistywolf96 This could be an interesting addition to my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59142374]Stillsky [/url]dragons. (One of my personal subspecies that I didn't post anywhere ... I have like several kinds of those. XD ) Those who (in lore) were born when the Crescendos died and altered their life magic. Robbing them of the ability to fly, regardless of their species and wing size, but they can use that magic itself to still the winds and deny anything in a certain area the capability to fly. (Making this particular one very valuable to a group of sky pirates.) Perhaps they themselves have no soul, or are more adept at taking the souls of others due to it. [/quote] Glad I could inspire you! Perhaps they're nigh emotionless?
Reilata wrote on 2021-12-03 08:52:45:
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-12-03 06:16:02:
Stealing this from a game, and also returning to this thread, but wind dragons consider those who die in a place the wind does not blow to be souls forever lost and restless. Iykyk.

@/mistywolf96

This could be an interesting addition to my Stillsky dragons. (One of my personal subspecies that I didn't post anywhere ... I have like several kinds of those. XD ) Those who (in lore) were born when the Crescendos died and altered their life magic. Robbing them of the ability to fly, regardless of their species and wing size, but they can use that magic itself to still the winds and deny anything in a certain area the capability to fly. (Making this particular one very valuable to a group of sky pirates.)

Perhaps they themselves have no soul, or are more adept at taking the souls of others due to it.

Glad I could inspire you! Perhaps they're nigh emotionless?
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
LRdLP2V.pngw3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-12-03 09:07:15" ] Glad I could inspire you! Perhaps they're nigh emotionless? [/quote] [s]Me, who already has [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/41564/1569331?name=&type=undefined]Nobodies/Heartless[/url] hanging around and tied in to lore because THANKS SHADOWBINDER. Hm. :|a[/s] Well, the few I have are kind of powered by a [i]lot of spite[/i], but being far less capable on the positive range of things of things would indeed be fitting.
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-12-03 09:07:15:
Glad I could inspire you! Perhaps they're nigh emotionless?

Me, who already has Nobodies/Heartless hanging around and tied in to lore because THANKS SHADOWBINDER. Hm. :|a

Well, the few I have are kind of powered by a lot of spite, but being far less capable on the positive range of things of things would indeed be fitting.
4QFtgPW.png
Who needs angsty headcanons when we have the canon banescale lore?

When you bring back an exalted dragon they return to their clan traumatized and their friends and family often wish they had never returned at all.
Who needs angsty headcanons when we have the canon banescale lore?

When you bring back an exalted dragon they return to their clan traumatized and their friends and family often wish they had never returned at all.
o18-d1-The-Masked-Hunter.pngo18-d4-The-Masked-Hunter.pngm30-book.pngTMH1.pngo18-d2-The-Masked-Hunter.pngo18-d3-The-Masked-Hunter.pngo18-d5-The-Masked-Hunter.pngm36-book.pngo107-d1-Aserein.pngMnrYAOm.png
Rein | She/Her | FR+0 | Ace | ADHD
Gembond inhibits a dragon's ability to fly, especially if they have feathered wings. Dragons who are born with the gene often learn how to fly in spite of it, using their tails to compensate for their difficulty in shifting the positions of their wings just slightly and learning how to hold themselves so they remain balanced and on-course, but those who end up with gembond later in life usually have difficulty relearning their flying ability and are all too often confined to the ground.
Gembond inhibits a dragon's ability to fly, especially if they have feathered wings. Dragons who are born with the gene often learn how to fly in spite of it, using their tails to compensate for their difficulty in shifting the positions of their wings just slightly and learning how to hold themselves so they remain balanced and on-course, but those who end up with gembond later in life usually have difficulty relearning their flying ability and are all too often confined to the ground.
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
My angsty nature headcanon is that the Gladekeeper thinks dying is a sin and a slight against her. So dragons in her territory that die are often brought back, but Different. They're no longer dragons, but amalgamations of plantlife that may or may not have retained their memories, personality, or even their ability to think. Dragons who get terminally ill or injured often pray for forgiveness from their deity and hope that their inevitable transformation from dragon to druid will be painless and quick. It never is. My progen is an example of this :) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42885236][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/428853/42885236_350.png[/img][/url]
My angsty nature headcanon is that the Gladekeeper thinks dying is a sin and a slight against her. So dragons in her territory that die are often brought back, but Different. They're no longer dragons, but amalgamations of plantlife that may or may not have retained their memories, personality, or even their ability to think. Dragons who get terminally ill or injured often pray for forgiveness from their deity and hope that their inevitable transformation from dragon to druid will be painless and quick. It never is.
My progen is an example of this :)
42885236_350.png
1093985.png1094440.png44B24667-304B-4FE5-9E98-94EF9C72D7E6.png1094925.png1095273.png
I can offer a few angsty HCs for Wind.

- Wind dragons born during the time when the Crescendo stopped spinning have a much weaker affinity to the element than any other, especially members of the Wind-specific breeds (Spirals and Skydancers). However, these dragons became much stronger fliers than their counterparts because they initially learned to fly without any wind beneath their wings. Unfortunately, now that the wind is back, these dragons now suffer immensely while flying in the Plateau, thrown off by even the softest breeze. Should one such dragon ever attempt to fly through the Crescendo, they would never return; most likely because they were thrown full-force into the surrounding cliffs or into the frigid waters below.

- The northmost side of the Plateau (Reedcleft Ascent) seemingly goes dormant for months at a time, the skies empty of all dragon-shaped shadows until the next batch of clans inevitably move in. Most Wind dragons claim not to know why this happens, but the explanation is simple: dwelling so close to Plague territory in a region where the winds can act as a carrier for multitudes of airborne illnesses means that you never know when an errant strain of disease will come and wipe your entire clan out. Those who survive these "Virulent Winds" come out stronger in constitution but weaker in mentality - after all, Wind dragons were never meant to see the horrors of the Plague flight firsthand.

- Wind dragons living along the southeastern side of the Plateau (far side of the Zephyr Steppes, Gale Sanctum, Millmeadows) tend to have a lot more respiratory issues than other dragons. The winds are once again to blame; this time blowing acrid smoke and volcanic ash from the Fire flight's Blacksand Annex, Great Furnace, and Magmablood Rebuke straight into Wind territory.

- Those unlucky enough to live in the conjunction between the Magma Sanctum, Zephyr Steppes, and Churnscar Wharf have to deal with horrific storms, as the unnaturally warm winds rolling over cold water lead to some particularly violent stormfronts forming.
I can offer a few angsty HCs for Wind.

- Wind dragons born during the time when the Crescendo stopped spinning have a much weaker affinity to the element than any other, especially members of the Wind-specific breeds (Spirals and Skydancers). However, these dragons became much stronger fliers than their counterparts because they initially learned to fly without any wind beneath their wings. Unfortunately, now that the wind is back, these dragons now suffer immensely while flying in the Plateau, thrown off by even the softest breeze. Should one such dragon ever attempt to fly through the Crescendo, they would never return; most likely because they were thrown full-force into the surrounding cliffs or into the frigid waters below.

- The northmost side of the Plateau (Reedcleft Ascent) seemingly goes dormant for months at a time, the skies empty of all dragon-shaped shadows until the next batch of clans inevitably move in. Most Wind dragons claim not to know why this happens, but the explanation is simple: dwelling so close to Plague territory in a region where the winds can act as a carrier for multitudes of airborne illnesses means that you never know when an errant strain of disease will come and wipe your entire clan out. Those who survive these "Virulent Winds" come out stronger in constitution but weaker in mentality - after all, Wind dragons were never meant to see the horrors of the Plague flight firsthand.

- Wind dragons living along the southeastern side of the Plateau (far side of the Zephyr Steppes, Gale Sanctum, Millmeadows) tend to have a lot more respiratory issues than other dragons. The winds are once again to blame; this time blowing acrid smoke and volcanic ash from the Fire flight's Blacksand Annex, Great Furnace, and Magmablood Rebuke straight into Wind territory.

- Those unlucky enough to live in the conjunction between the Magma Sanctum, Zephyr Steppes, and Churnscar Wharf have to deal with horrific storms, as the unnaturally warm winds rolling over cold water lead to some particularly violent stormfronts forming.
8KqVWBt.png LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
yu58CMN.png
WKtl2lb.png
Face into the wind
Prepare to ride the currents
Rise into the sky
I'm amazed this has survived this long, but here's one from Arcane from you that I don't personally use;

Dragons who move to Arcane but aren't of the element never die from old age within the islands, but from very slow radiation poisoning due to the unstable and radioactive properties of the isles.
I'm amazed this has survived this long, but here's one from Arcane from you that I don't personally use;

Dragons who move to Arcane but aren't of the element never die from old age within the islands, but from very slow radiation poisoning due to the unstable and radioactive properties of the isles.
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +7 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8