Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Angsty lore headcanons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="@PeacefulPyro" date="2021-12-03 06:10:15" ] [quote name="@/statue" date="2021-12-02 22:38:27" ] [snip] [/quote] I…i genuinely love these deity drama headcanons Please let me use these in my lore *-* [/quote] Glad you like them! Just make sure to at least put a note saying you inspired some of your lore off of my headcanon or something please I would also appreciate it if you didn't copy word for word my writing or something like that
@PeacefulPyro wrote on 2021-12-03 06:10:15:
@/statue wrote on 2021-12-02 22:38:27:
[snip]

I…i genuinely love these deity drama headcanons

Please let me use these in my lore *-*
Glad you like them! Just make sure to at least put a note saying you inspired some of your lore off of my headcanon or something please

I would also appreciate it if you didn't copy word for word my writing or something like that
oQlTGMl.pngMFt2hm4.png

...i live in the space between the stars and the sky... ,,
Stealing this from a game, and also returning to this thread, but wind dragons consider those who die in a place the wind does not blow to be souls forever lost and restless. Iykyk.
Stealing this from a game, and also returning to this thread, but wind dragons consider those who die in a place the wind does not blow to be souls forever lost and restless. Iykyk.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-12-03 06:16:02" ] Stealing this from a game, and also returning to this thread, but wind dragons consider those who die in a place the wind does not blow to be souls forever lost and restless. Iykyk. [/quote] ... that must have been rough for the whole place when the Twisting Crescendo went still for that time during BotE.
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-12-03 06:16:02:

... that must have been rough for the whole place when the Twisting Crescendo went still for that time during BotE.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
[quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-12-03 06:17:43" ] [quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-12-03 06:16:02" ] Stealing this from a game, and also returning to this thread, but wind dragons consider those who die in a place the wind does not blow to be souls forever lost and restless. Iykyk. [/quote] ... that must have been rough for the whole place when the Twisting Crescendo went still for that time during BotE. [/quote] Oh absolutely! For a soul to be unable to fly free on the updrafts and currents of the wind is for a soul to never be at peace.
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-12-03 06:17:43:
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-12-03 06:16:02:

... that must have been rough for the whole place when the Twisting Crescendo went still for that time during BotE.
Oh absolutely! For a soul to be unable to fly free on the updrafts and currents of the wind is for a soul to never be at peace.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
The Tidelord is hiding because he has the biggest prophecy yet but he doesn’t believe the world is ready. It predicts Sornieth being taken over by the shade. :)
The Tidelord is hiding because he has the biggest prophecy yet but he doesn’t believe the world is ready. It predicts Sornieth being taken over by the shade. :)
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
[quote name="DewFeather" date="2021-12-03 06:23:43" ] The Tidelord is hiding because he has the biggest prophecy yet but he doesn’t believe the world is ready. It predicts Sornieth being taken over by the shade. :) [/quote] He wouldn't be that mean!!! :(
DewFeather wrote on 2021-12-03 06:23:43:
He wouldn't be that mean!!! :(
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
The Shade smells like an enemy to tundras, whether they've encountered it or not. This doesn't change if they get corrupted themself. Shade-touched tundras often become violent and paranoid even before the Shade begin affecting their mind.

Tundra's memories are completely reliant on their sense of smell. Since other dragon don't have this sense, breed-changed Tundras forget their old lives quickly. No one makes themself into a Tundra unless they want to leave something behind.

The Shadowbinder and the Icewarden both hate the war. The Shadowbinder considers it a waste of time, dragons, and energy, while the Icewarden think it's a distraction from effectively containing the Shade.

A few times in history, dragons of one flight have attempted to weaken another by creating an emperor. That's one of the few ways to get the personal, murderous attention of a deity. Even your own.
The Shade smells like an enemy to tundras, whether they've encountered it or not. This doesn't change if they get corrupted themself. Shade-touched tundras often become violent and paranoid even before the Shade begin affecting their mind.

Tundra's memories are completely reliant on their sense of smell. Since other dragon don't have this sense, breed-changed Tundras forget their old lives quickly. No one makes themself into a Tundra unless they want to leave something behind.

The Shadowbinder and the Icewarden both hate the war. The Shadowbinder considers it a waste of time, dragons, and energy, while the Icewarden think it's a distraction from effectively containing the Shade.

A few times in history, dragons of one flight have attempted to weaken another by creating an emperor. That's one of the few ways to get the personal, murderous attention of a deity. Even your own.
She/Her. On a semi-hiatus.
Wy0IOy1.png
The other deities miss Tidelord
The other deities miss Tidelord
@Unspiral
She/It
FR +8
2myBCp7.png nGEbKpx.png ZLEUhpk.png ueG66KW.png Avatar
Signature Images
Yoinking this personal lore bit from my nuzlocke that I promise I will return to sometime I swear --

The Banescale breed is cursed with a hereditary magical affliction, which is dormant in every modern-day individual. This disease of sorts was cast by the Icewarden himself, and is called the Permafrost Blight. It is a curse that was lain on one of the last generations of adult Banescales before their supposed 'extinction' in ancient times, and it was a 'strategic descision' that has many modern dragons from outside the Icefields squinting suspiciously at the Icewarden's moral compass none of the deities are innocent of committing war crimes but who likes admitting their own dragon god is flawed?.

The Permafrost Blight struck mostly the strongest of Banescales. While Gaolers are mighty in their own right, the ancient times' Banescales were beyond ferocious soldiers for their Mother of Flame. With armor and tool-crafting on their side, and a solid elemental edge against their icy nemeses, they beat back Icewarden's first children in most of their attempts to gain ground against the Flamecaller for more land to scour for corruption.

The Blight deliberately targeted the most capable warriors, teachers, smiths and leaders of Banescale-kind, in order to pull the rug out from under the efficient chain of command their society had created. The disease started as a light ache in the leg or wing muscles, causing a feeling akin to a pulled muscle or bruise. This would last for a few days, after which it would progress to muscle stiffness and a pervasive chill in the affected area. As Fire dragons (in my HC at least) inherently run a fair bit hotter than all other elements, this chilling sensation would disturb them.

From then on, the stiffness and cold would grow, and once it reached the extremities, these would begin to gather icing (a thin ice coating) that could not be melted. It was possible to break this surface ice off, but this was painful (causing the belief that the ice was a part of the dragon's body, a revolting notion to a child of Fire), and did little to help as the stiffness remained and the icing would accumulate again. As the Blight progressed so did the icing creep upwards along the tail and legs of the sick, weighing them down and inhibiting movement as swiftly as it destroyed group morale. Unable to find a cure in time, Banescales afflicted would be cherished by loved ones and subordinates in their last weeks and days, thanked for their service and dedication. These were the people's champions, cruelly struck down by a ruthless unfair god they alone stood no chance against. Sometimes the Blight backfired, causing soldiers to rally for their dying commanders and leading to reckless, especially bloody conflict.

But eventually, a limit was reached, and morale began to dwindle as more and more leaders became icy statues, lifeless and insulting to gawk at; without teachers, leaders and spies to back up the soldiers, they became outmatched and had to face more and more defeats at the clawtips of an ever-strong Gaoler Seeker force. In a desperate bid to survive, those Banescales not mighty or learned enough to be struck down by the Blight buried their eggs in the ancestral homeland, sending prayers like volcanic plumes up to their Mother, and hoping that their children will be free.

Unfortunately, curses of this magnitude are not easily broken...
Yoinking this personal lore bit from my nuzlocke that I promise I will return to sometime I swear --

The Banescale breed is cursed with a hereditary magical affliction, which is dormant in every modern-day individual. This disease of sorts was cast by the Icewarden himself, and is called the Permafrost Blight. It is a curse that was lain on one of the last generations of adult Banescales before their supposed 'extinction' in ancient times, and it was a 'strategic descision' that has many modern dragons from outside the Icefields squinting suspiciously at the Icewarden's moral compass none of the deities are innocent of committing war crimes but who likes admitting their own dragon god is flawed?.

The Permafrost Blight struck mostly the strongest of Banescales. While Gaolers are mighty in their own right, the ancient times' Banescales were beyond ferocious soldiers for their Mother of Flame. With armor and tool-crafting on their side, and a solid elemental edge against their icy nemeses, they beat back Icewarden's first children in most of their attempts to gain ground against the Flamecaller for more land to scour for corruption.

The Blight deliberately targeted the most capable warriors, teachers, smiths and leaders of Banescale-kind, in order to pull the rug out from under the efficient chain of command their society had created. The disease started as a light ache in the leg or wing muscles, causing a feeling akin to a pulled muscle or bruise. This would last for a few days, after which it would progress to muscle stiffness and a pervasive chill in the affected area. As Fire dragons (in my HC at least) inherently run a fair bit hotter than all other elements, this chilling sensation would disturb them.

From then on, the stiffness and cold would grow, and once it reached the extremities, these would begin to gather icing (a thin ice coating) that could not be melted. It was possible to break this surface ice off, but this was painful (causing the belief that the ice was a part of the dragon's body, a revolting notion to a child of Fire), and did little to help as the stiffness remained and the icing would accumulate again. As the Blight progressed so did the icing creep upwards along the tail and legs of the sick, weighing them down and inhibiting movement as swiftly as it destroyed group morale. Unable to find a cure in time, Banescales afflicted would be cherished by loved ones and subordinates in their last weeks and days, thanked for their service and dedication. These were the people's champions, cruelly struck down by a ruthless unfair god they alone stood no chance against. Sometimes the Blight backfired, causing soldiers to rally for their dying commanders and leading to reckless, especially bloody conflict.

But eventually, a limit was reached, and morale began to dwindle as more and more leaders became icy statues, lifeless and insulting to gawk at; without teachers, leaders and spies to back up the soldiers, they became outmatched and had to face more and more defeats at the clawtips of an ever-strong Gaoler Seeker force. In a desperate bid to survive, those Banescales not mighty or learned enough to be struck down by the Blight buried their eggs in the ancestral homeland, sending prayers like volcanic plumes up to their Mother, and hoping that their children will be free.

Unfortunately, curses of this magnitude are not easily broken...
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-12-03 06:24:45" ] [quote name="DewFeather" date="2021-12-03 06:23:43" ] The Tidelord is hiding because he has the biggest prophecy yet but he doesn’t believe the world is ready. It predicts Sornieth being taken over by the shade. :) [/quote] He wouldn't be that mean!!! :( [/quote] Protect Sornieth from mass panic. Tidelord waits until they are ready, so he can protect them. [s]but what if I’m right[/s]
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-12-03 06:24:45:
DewFeather wrote on 2021-12-03 06:23:43:
He wouldn't be that mean!!! :(
Protect Sornieth from mass panic. Tidelord waits until they are ready, so he can protect them.
but what if I’m right
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8