Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Angsty lore headcanons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Plague:

-A plague dragon who stops practicing and then starts again may likely die from infection and to other plague dragons be considered weak

Infact that exact thing may or may not be happening to one of my beloved dragons soon :)

Wind:

-a wind dragon can use wind to greatly mutilate a foe, by either slamming them into objects or using strong directed winds. Sometimes even breaking a dragon’s wing so badly you can see the bone

Earth:

-dragon-eating wyrms live underground, often the reason for a dragon’s disappearance in earth.

-Earth is also the most exposed to the shade, earth exalts rarely ever fight other clans and simply fight the shade- often dying in the process. Those that survive are often infected somewhat by the shade, some succumb, some who cannot be cured.. prefer not to live to become the villain…

-Earth is targeted most by the shade, to the point some no longer fear the shade because it’s such a normal sight in the territory

Water:

-Tidelord is actually infected by the shade, and is trying to hide himself from his clan before the shade takes him over and makes him want to kill mortal dragons

Misc:

-The shade can hold grudges against specific dragons and target their loved ones to hurt the dragon

-dragons with shade powers can go insane from being able to understand the shade

-if dragged inside the shade, a dragon drowns all the while being barraged by billions of voices, mostly that of life forms who died before them screaming and their last desperate thoughts

-if a dragon is pulled into the shade, they have mere minuets to be found before they die. The searchers may of course also be pulled inside and perish

-the shade is like a weightless water, but so dark and bleak that it’s impossible to see your own body in the shade and to tell if you’re truly moving anywhere as you try to escape. You can hear nothing and see nothing, you just have to pray you somehow fall out before complete suffocation

Plague:

-A plague dragon who stops practicing and then starts again may likely die from infection and to other plague dragons be considered weak

Infact that exact thing may or may not be happening to one of my beloved dragons soon :)

Wind:

-a wind dragon can use wind to greatly mutilate a foe, by either slamming them into objects or using strong directed winds. Sometimes even breaking a dragon’s wing so badly you can see the bone

Earth:

-dragon-eating wyrms live underground, often the reason for a dragon’s disappearance in earth.

-Earth is also the most exposed to the shade, earth exalts rarely ever fight other clans and simply fight the shade- often dying in the process. Those that survive are often infected somewhat by the shade, some succumb, some who cannot be cured.. prefer not to live to become the villain…

-Earth is targeted most by the shade, to the point some no longer fear the shade because it’s such a normal sight in the territory

Water:

-Tidelord is actually infected by the shade, and is trying to hide himself from his clan before the shade takes him over and makes him want to kill mortal dragons

Misc:

-The shade can hold grudges against specific dragons and target their loved ones to hurt the dragon

-dragons with shade powers can go insane from being able to understand the shade

-if dragged inside the shade, a dragon drowns all the while being barraged by billions of voices, mostly that of life forms who died before them screaming and their last desperate thoughts

-if a dragon is pulled into the shade, they have mere minuets to be found before they die. The searchers may of course also be pulled inside and perish

-the shade is like a weightless water, but so dark and bleak that it’s impossible to see your own body in the shade and to tell if you’re truly moving anywhere as you try to escape. You can hear nothing and see nothing, you just have to pray you somehow fall out before complete suffocation

..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
[quote name="LadyRaptor" date="2021-12-02 18:00:48" ] @/TenderVulture I know this thread is mostly about broader site headcanon, but I have a tundra with a similar personal story. He was caught in an avalanche, and by the time he was dug out, he had lost most of his memories, and his nose was frostbitten. Patriarch doesn't know who he is, can't form new scent memories, and is the nominal head of a family he cannot remember. [/quote] @LadyRaptor I love him already!
LadyRaptor wrote on 2021-12-02 18:00:48:
@/TenderVulture

I know this thread is mostly about broader site headcanon, but I have a tundra with a similar personal story. He was caught in an avalanche, and by the time he was dug out, he had lost most of his memories, and his nose was frostbitten. Patriarch doesn't know who he is, can't form new scent memories, and is the nominal head of a family he cannot remember.
@LadyRaptor I love him already!
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
Very rarely the exalted can come back but often times they are a hollow version of their former selves, and do not remember anything from before being exalted.
Very rarely the exalted can come back but often times they are a hollow version of their former selves, and do not remember anything from before being exalted.
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
i love all of these. so much.
i love all of these. so much.
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
they/them it/its
[quote name="Astronic" date="2021-12-02 07:07:21" ] one day, both nature and plague will destroy each other. the wyrmhound will become rich soil for plants, the behemoth will dry up and fall apart. any dragon that wishes to stay in their flight is forced to move to the other place, even if the threat of death is close. either both flights are destroyed or both flights remain, but they're swapped and the territory will never be the same. [/quote] That’s just forest succession for you.
Astronic wrote on 2021-12-02 07:07:21:
one day, both nature and plague will destroy each other. the wyrmhound will become rich soil for plants, the behemoth will dry up and fall apart. any dragon that wishes to stay in their flight is forced to move to the other place, even if the threat of death is close. either both flights are destroyed or both flights remain, but they're swapped and the territory will never be the same.

That’s just forest succession for you.
The Viridian Labyrinth is known by another name: the Maze of Lost Souls. Many dragons believe that only those who the Labyrinth deems good are allowed to traverse the difficult terrain and eventually reach their goal. The Shrieking Wilds are the strongest line of defense for the Behemoth, and historically only one member of a group of Plague raiders returned from it.

Their correspondence before loss of contact made it evident that the party was quite possibly walking in circles and passing back over previously trod steps, never getting closer to the tree at the heart of the territory. More notes were found with them, concerning scribbles about pathways that seemed to breathe, twisting and turning passages, unknowable wildlife stalking them at every turn. The edge of one note is stained crimson, something about how Thricebreak went mad and viciously mauled Longrib not long after taking a bite from a two-headed snake with three swirling eyes on each head. No such animal has ever been caught or verifiably observed, not even by Nature biologists who know the land best.

These last letters were never sent, and were only recovered from Lungpox' body after it was ejected from the Labyrinth's canopy and found by recon teams at the edge of the Everbloom Gardens, mangled; eyeless, run through with spearlike branches and with scales peeled back by thorns.

While the truce between the two territories was in effect, Plague dragons could more reliably travel through the Labyrinth and even function in clans there. But following the breaking of the ceasefire, old hostility has begun to simmer again, and an increasing number of Nature clans are reporting trusted Plagueborn clanmates missing.
The Viridian Labyrinth is known by another name: the Maze of Lost Souls. Many dragons believe that only those who the Labyrinth deems good are allowed to traverse the difficult terrain and eventually reach their goal. The Shrieking Wilds are the strongest line of defense for the Behemoth, and historically only one member of a group of Plague raiders returned from it.

Their correspondence before loss of contact made it evident that the party was quite possibly walking in circles and passing back over previously trod steps, never getting closer to the tree at the heart of the territory. More notes were found with them, concerning scribbles about pathways that seemed to breathe, twisting and turning passages, unknowable wildlife stalking them at every turn. The edge of one note is stained crimson, something about how Thricebreak went mad and viciously mauled Longrib not long after taking a bite from a two-headed snake with three swirling eyes on each head. No such animal has ever been caught or verifiably observed, not even by Nature biologists who know the land best.

These last letters were never sent, and were only recovered from Lungpox' body after it was ejected from the Labyrinth's canopy and found by recon teams at the edge of the Everbloom Gardens, mangled; eyeless, run through with spearlike branches and with scales peeled back by thorns.

While the truce between the two territories was in effect, Plague dragons could more reliably travel through the Labyrinth and even function in clans there. But following the breaking of the ceasefire, old hostility has begun to simmer again, and an increasing number of Nature clans are reporting trusted Plagueborn clanmates missing.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-12-02 07:08:21" ] Guardian-charge relationships can sometimes become horrifically abusive, especially in the case of a charge who feels entitled to treat their Guardian like an attack dog or an overprotective/controlling Guardian. [/quote] I've actually got a dragon like that! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26510015][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/265101/26510015_350.png[/img][/url] For an angsty headcanon, the skeletal wyrms in Cairnstone Rest are actually the ghosts of those who are buried in the crypt. Unable to escape Cairnstone Rest or pass away peacefully, after a couple of centuries all they can remember is a desire to protect their resting place. They'll possess the remains of anyone nearby to kill those who intrude.
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-12-02 07:08:21:
Guardian-charge relationships can sometimes become horrifically abusive, especially in the case of a charge who feels entitled to treat their Guardian like an attack dog or an overprotective/controlling Guardian.

I've actually got a dragon like that!
26510015_350.png

For an angsty headcanon, the skeletal wyrms in Cairnstone Rest are actually the ghosts of those who are buried in the crypt. Unable to escape Cairnstone Rest or pass away peacefully, after a couple of centuries all they can remember is a desire to protect their resting place. They'll possess the remains of anyone nearby to kill those who intrude.
venusaur-mega.gif
> Lightweaver not only likes the truth because she's, y'know, the Light diety, but also because she's been lied to and tricked so many times that she would rather face the most bitter truth than to find out she's been living a lie, and that she influences everyone else to be that way because she doesn't want anyone else to suffer.
(projection hours)

> Icewarden locks stuff up not just to lock in things that could do harm to everyone, but also to preserve what little he has. Think about this: the Southern Icefield has been melting continuously and its not unlikely that all of his creations will die out if this trend continues. Because of this, he desperately freezes some dragons alive in an attempt to preserve them until the environment turns cold again. In my opinion this kinda embodies the idea of the idea of the "freezing things in place" ideal of the Ice element not only because he freezes dragons in place, but also because he refuses to let his creations adapt in a changing environment and tries to hold on to the past, also explaining the Gaoler's distaste for the Skydancer dude in the story.

> Because of this idea of protection, I kinda theorized also that the Gaolers were adapted off of Guardians, since they look a lot like Guardians (in my opinion) and because water + cold = ice. Not only that, but the idea of protecting stuff kinda relates to Charges, but the Charge is the entire continent of Antarctica Southern Icefield. The reason why Gaolers look like Guardians is because the Icewarden looks up to the Tidelord... now imagine how he felt when Tidelord disappeared combined with the fact that his home is slowly melting away and there are tensions between them and the Fire dragons, which will likely only contribute to that...

(sorry if these are worded badly or is throwing shade on another element, that was not my intention)
> Lightweaver not only likes the truth because she's, y'know, the Light diety, but also because she's been lied to and tricked so many times that she would rather face the most bitter truth than to find out she's been living a lie, and that she influences everyone else to be that way because she doesn't want anyone else to suffer.
(projection hours)

> Icewarden locks stuff up not just to lock in things that could do harm to everyone, but also to preserve what little he has. Think about this: the Southern Icefield has been melting continuously and its not unlikely that all of his creations will die out if this trend continues. Because of this, he desperately freezes some dragons alive in an attempt to preserve them until the environment turns cold again. In my opinion this kinda embodies the idea of the idea of the "freezing things in place" ideal of the Ice element not only because he freezes dragons in place, but also because he refuses to let his creations adapt in a changing environment and tries to hold on to the past, also explaining the Gaoler's distaste for the Skydancer dude in the story.

> Because of this idea of protection, I kinda theorized also that the Gaolers were adapted off of Guardians, since they look a lot like Guardians (in my opinion) and because water + cold = ice. Not only that, but the idea of protecting stuff kinda relates to Charges, but the Charge is the entire continent of Antarctica Southern Icefield. The reason why Gaolers look like Guardians is because the Icewarden looks up to the Tidelord... now imagine how he felt when Tidelord disappeared combined with the fact that his home is slowly melting away and there are tensions between them and the Fire dragons, which will likely only contribute to that...

(sorry if these are worded badly or is throwing shade on another element, that was not my intention)
oQlTGMl.pngMFt2hm4.png

...i live in the space between the stars and the sky... ,,
[quote name="Mutation" date="2021-12-02 10:15:45" ] [snip] In my lore, Veilspun can sap life from other dragons. They do this through magical 'deals' wherein they exchange an item or knowledge for a few years off a dragon's total lifespan. Favored targets are Guardians, Imperials, and Ridgebacks, which are longer-lived breeds that might be a bit more easily persuaded to sacrifice a few years of their centuries-long lives. Due to their vanity however, Pearlcatchers are also easy targets. A Pearlcatcher that has made a deal with a child of Shadow will always vehemently deny it, but their fellows will know in time when, years down the line, the bargainer dies where they stand, falling to no disease or injury, but their own recklessness. [/quote] ...the thing about Imps is... canonically their lifespans [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=29]vary [i]a TON[/i][/url]. So the idea of a derg who knows they may only get ten years to live making a sacrifice like that is... poignant, I think. On the topic of poignant thoughts, I've always loved [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1536319/1]this one about Nocs who've lost family[/url]. There's a whole thread and it's very bittersweet.
Mutation wrote on 2021-12-02 10:15:45:
[snip]

In my lore, Veilspun can sap life from other dragons. They do this through magical 'deals' wherein they exchange an item or knowledge for a few years off a dragon's total lifespan. Favored targets are Guardians, Imperials, and Ridgebacks, which are longer-lived breeds that might be a bit more easily persuaded to sacrifice a few years of their centuries-long lives. Due to their vanity however, Pearlcatchers are also easy targets. A Pearlcatcher that has made a deal with a child of Shadow will always vehemently deny it, but their fellows will know in time when, years down the line, the bargainer dies where they stand, falling to no disease or injury, but their own recklessness.

...the thing about Imps is... canonically their lifespans vary a TON. So the idea of a derg who knows they may only get ten years to live making a sacrifice like that is... poignant, I think.

On the topic of poignant thoughts, I've always loved this one about Nocs who've lost family. There's a whole thread and it's very bittersweet.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="@statue" date="2021-12-02 22:38:27" ] > Lightweaver not only likes the truth because she's, y'know, the Light diety, but also because she's been lied to and tricked so many times that she would rather face the most bitter truth than to find out she's been living a lie, and that she influences everyone else to be that way because she doesn't want anyone else to suffer. (projection hours) > Icewarden locks stuff up not just to lock in things that could do harm to everyone, but also to preserve what little he has. Think about this: the Southern Icefield has been melting continuously and its not unlikely that all of his creations will die out if this trend continues. Because of this, he desperately freezes some dragons alive in an attempt to preserve them until the environment turns cold again. In my opinion this kinda embodies the idea of the idea of the "freezing things in place" ideal of the Ice element not only because he freezes dragons in place, but also because he refuses to let his creations adapt in a changing environment and tries to hold on to the past, also explaining the Gaoler's distaste for the Skydancer dude in the story. > Because of this idea of protection, I kinda theorized also that the Gaolers were adapted off of Guardians, since they look a lot like Guardians (in my opinion) and because water + cold = ice. Not only that, but the idea of protecting stuff kinda relates to Charges, but the Charge is the entire continent of Antarctica Southern Icefield. The reason why Gaolers look like Guardians is because the Icewarden looks up to the Tidelord... now imagine how he felt when Tidelord disappeared combined with the fact that his home is slowly melting away and there are tensions between them and the Fire dragons, which will likely only contribute to that... (sorry if these are worded badly or is throwing shade on another element, that was not my intention) [/quote] I…i genuinely love these deity drama headcanons Please let me use these in my lore *-*
@statue wrote on 2021-12-02 22:38:27:
(projection hours)

I…i genuinely love these deity drama headcanons

Please let me use these in my lore *-*
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8