Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Angsty lore headcanons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-12-02 07:08:21" ] Guardian-charge relationships can sometimes become horrifically abusive, especially in the case of a charge who feels entitled to treat their Guardian like an attack dog or an overprotective/controlling Guardian. [/quote] Time to get a guardian to give it this lore-
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-12-02 07:08:21:
Guardian-charge relationships can sometimes become horrifically abusive, especially in the case of a charge who feels entitled to treat their Guardian like an attack dog or an overprotective/controlling Guardian.

Time to get a guardian to give it this lore-
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
[quote name="WolfByte" date="2021-12-02 14:28:39" ] [quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-12-02 07:08:21" ] Guardian-charge relationships can sometimes become horrifically abusive, especially in the case of a charge who feels entitled to treat their Guardian like an attack dog or an overprotective/controlling Guardian. [/quote] Time to get a guardian to give it this lore- [/quote] @WolfByte I have a girly with this kind of lore (specifically attack dog flavor). [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/13923409][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/139235/13923409_350.png[/img][/url]
WolfByte wrote on 2021-12-02 14:28:39:
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-12-02 07:08:21:
Guardian-charge relationships can sometimes become horrifically abusive, especially in the case of a charge who feels entitled to treat their Guardian like an attack dog or an overprotective/controlling Guardian.

Time to get a guardian to give it this lore-
@WolfByte I have a girly with this kind of lore (specifically attack dog flavor).

13923409_350.png

• Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
The Twisting Crescendo is much more dangerous than the lore gives it credit for. It contains constant winds and turbulence, rain bands so heavy they can weigh down your wings, and lightning—which I don’t even need to explain why that’s deadly. As such, lairs “in the Twisting Crescendo” are circling on the outskirts, on the edge of the clouds and inflow bands. Cloudsong is located directly above the edge of the storm, at an altitude of roughly 15,000 through 20,000 feet

The angsty bit? Relating to the lore tidbit about the Crescendo being the final trial of the Windsinger’s children, some clans still send their dragons into the storm as a sort of coming-of-age thing despite a pretty high rate of injury or worse. It’s considered an outdated trial by most, but certain clans still cling to those ways despite the large chances you might never see that dragon again. Those who back out are usually banished from these clans, which leads to some angsty backstories for sure

(My clan is NOT one of those clans, but they do have several members with those backstories)
The Twisting Crescendo is much more dangerous than the lore gives it credit for. It contains constant winds and turbulence, rain bands so heavy they can weigh down your wings, and lightning—which I don’t even need to explain why that’s deadly. As such, lairs “in the Twisting Crescendo” are circling on the outskirts, on the edge of the clouds and inflow bands. Cloudsong is located directly above the edge of the storm, at an altitude of roughly 15,000 through 20,000 feet

The angsty bit? Relating to the lore tidbit about the Crescendo being the final trial of the Windsinger’s children, some clans still send their dragons into the storm as a sort of coming-of-age thing despite a pretty high rate of injury or worse. It’s considered an outdated trial by most, but certain clans still cling to those ways despite the large chances you might never see that dragon again. Those who back out are usually banished from these clans, which leads to some angsty backstories for sure

(My clan is NOT one of those clans, but they do have several members with those backstories)
unknown.png
Maybe a Guardian with split personality traits who takes their other personality as their charge due to some traumatic experience and becomes wild and manic and destroys everyone around them to protect themselves.
Maybe a Guardian with split personality traits who takes their other personality as their charge due to some traumatic experience and becomes wild and manic and destroys everyone around them to protect themselves.
oy11GHf.png tumblr_inline_ny7iugii4Q1qmzhvw_540.png
Wishlist | Lore Shop
I imagine that in a lot of cases, a dragon being breed changed is a fairly traumatic experience. Even if they wanted the breed change, it's not gonna feel good.
I imagine that in a lot of cases, a dragon being breed changed is a fairly traumatic experience. Even if they wanted the breed change, it's not gonna feel good.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
[quote name="KingVulture" date="2021-12-02 16:25:27" ] I imagine that in a lot of cases, a dragon being breed changed is a fairly traumatic experience. Even if they wanted the breed change, it's not gonna feel good. [/quote] I remembered seeing a screenshot of Baldwin’s transformation and yikes. Body horror galore. Does anyone have screenshots of that because I kind of want to see them again
KingVulture wrote on 2021-12-02 16:25:27:

I remembered seeing a screenshot of Baldwin’s transformation and yikes. Body horror galore. Does anyone have screenshots of that because I kind of want to see them again
[quote name="Unrest" date="2021-12-02 16:32:04" ] I remembered seeing a screenshot of Baldwin’s transformation and yikes. Body horror galore. Does anyone have screenshots of that because I kind of want to see them again [/quote] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/baldwin.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/baldwin_02_1WklfFvnxEFnmZVcTbCNyC.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/baldwin_03_Pfi4mTbdZZh3teDr6O1XZm.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/baldwin_04_kgOorvrCxwXs2X7teQs7wp.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/baldwin_05_xB3vIN3YKevowY3blvsuth.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/baldwin_transformed.png[/img][/center] Here they are, but Baldwin was a unique case as stated in his [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=78]story [/url]and normally breed changes are instantaneous.
Unrest wrote on 2021-12-02 16:32:04:
I remembered seeing a screenshot of Baldwin’s transformation and yikes. Body horror galore. Does anyone have screenshots of that because I kind of want to see them again
baldwin.png
baldwin_02_1WklfFvnxEFnmZVcTbCNyC.png
baldwin_03_Pfi4mTbdZZh3teDr6O1XZm.png
baldwin_04_kgOorvrCxwXs2X7teQs7wp.png
baldwin_05_xB3vIN3YKevowY3blvsuth.png
baldwin_transformed.png

Here they are, but Baldwin was a unique case as stated in his story and normally breed changes are instantaneous.
4QFtgPW.png
Light member coming in with my headcanons for my flight!
The orbs of light in Light fest items are former pearlcatcher pearls, of those who died to Luminax or the collapsed ruins of Sunbeam, and each item contains the memory of the pearlcatchers who's pearls were used. It's a great way to keep history alive and the memory of the dragon! However if there's a large amount of pearls the memories will get confused and the living dragon may believe that they experienced the Pearlcatcher's memories
Also! Lairs within the Emperor's Wake who have imperials of other elements than those of Luminax are constantly afraid of their imperial friends dying and becoming part of Luminax
Light member coming in with my headcanons for my flight!
The orbs of light in Light fest items are former pearlcatcher pearls, of those who died to Luminax or the collapsed ruins of Sunbeam, and each item contains the memory of the pearlcatchers who's pearls were used. It's a great way to keep history alive and the memory of the dragon! However if there's a large amount of pearls the memories will get confused and the living dragon may believe that they experienced the Pearlcatcher's memories
Also! Lairs within the Emperor's Wake who have imperials of other elements than those of Luminax are constantly afraid of their imperial friends dying and becoming part of Luminax
LRdLP2V.png g585y1V.pngkE8PZoU.pngACOZFAh.png They/Them
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-12-02 07:11:14" ] Shadow, Plague, and Nature are great places to dump a body because the soil is so acidic it basically eats organic matter. [/quote] I love this
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-12-02 07:11:14:
Shadow, Plague, and Nature are great places to dump a body because the soil is so acidic it basically eats organic matter.

I love this
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
@TenderVulture

I know this thread is mostly about broader site headcanon, but I have a tundra with a similar personal story. He was caught in an avalanche, and by the time he was dug out, he had lost most of his memories, and his nose was frostbitten. Patriarch doesn't know who he is, can't form new scent memories, and is the nominal head of a family he cannot remember.
@TenderVulture

I know this thread is mostly about broader site headcanon, but I have a tundra with a similar personal story. He was caught in an avalanche, and by the time he was dug out, he had lost most of his memories, and his nose was frostbitten. Patriarch doesn't know who he is, can't form new scent memories, and is the nominal head of a family he cannot remember.
cDDSaqc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8