Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Angsty lore headcanons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
If a dragon gets too elemantally powerful, their element might literally kill them. Lightning, arcane, or fire dragons might explode from pure energy, while a plague dragon might start rotting away as if they're a corpse. Nature dragons might start having plants grow from their flesh until they sap the nutrients from the dragons themselves. I feel like there would be tales similar to that of Icarus that warn hatchlings of keeping hubris in check, as those who sought too much power would ultimately have that power destroy them.

This is gonna eventually happen to one of my own dragons so a big RIP when it does lol
If a dragon gets too elemantally powerful, their element might literally kill them. Lightning, arcane, or fire dragons might explode from pure energy, while a plague dragon might start rotting away as if they're a corpse. Nature dragons might start having plants grow from their flesh until they sap the nutrients from the dragons themselves. I feel like there would be tales similar to that of Icarus that warn hatchlings of keeping hubris in check, as those who sought too much power would ultimately have that power destroy them.

This is gonna eventually happen to one of my own dragons so a big RIP when it does lol
You just lost The Game :) Also you are now breathing manually.
[quote name="testman" date="2021-12-02 09:03:15" ] If a dragon gets too elemantally powerful, their element might literally kill them. [/quote] that one is[url=https://flightrising.tumblr.com/post/46272061972/question-and-answer-18] actual canon[/url].
testman wrote on 2021-12-02 09:03:15:
If a dragon gets too elemantally powerful, their element might literally kill them.

that one is actual canon.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
*parks self here to feed on the dark headcanons*

Just like how Plague dragons knowingly infect themselves with diseases to bolster their immunity, Nature dragons will wrangle and willingly suffer venomous stings and bites from increasingly more dangerous beasts to weed out the weak. A major rite of passage for Nature dragon hatchlings is when they can polish off a meal full of poisonous foods without emptying their stomachs back up or becoming crippled from the poisons. Some who pass this milestone will from then on always include a poisonous ingedient of choice in their personal meals, banking on their ability to absorb energy from their environment to become poisonous, themselves.

Nature dragons are the most resistant to deadly Maren poisons in all the realm, but not all hatchlings make it past the Poisining Point. No matter; branches that don't bear good fruit are pruned for a reason.

In my lore, Veilspun can sap life from other dragons. They do this through magical 'deals' wherein they exchange an item or knowledge for a few years off a dragon's total lifespan. Favored targets are Guardians, Imperials, and Ridgebacks, which are longer-lived breeds that might be a bit more easily persuaded to sacrifice a few years of their centuries-long lives. Due to their vanity however, Pearlcatchers are also easy targets. A Pearlcatcher that has made a deal with a child of Shadow will always vehemently deny it, but their fellows will know in time when, years down the line, the bargainer dies where they stand, falling to no disease or injury, but their own recklessness.
*parks self here to feed on the dark headcanons*

Just like how Plague dragons knowingly infect themselves with diseases to bolster their immunity, Nature dragons will wrangle and willingly suffer venomous stings and bites from increasingly more dangerous beasts to weed out the weak. A major rite of passage for Nature dragon hatchlings is when they can polish off a meal full of poisonous foods without emptying their stomachs back up or becoming crippled from the poisons. Some who pass this milestone will from then on always include a poisonous ingedient of choice in their personal meals, banking on their ability to absorb energy from their environment to become poisonous, themselves.

Nature dragons are the most resistant to deadly Maren poisons in all the realm, but not all hatchlings make it past the Poisining Point. No matter; branches that don't bear good fruit are pruned for a reason.

In my lore, Veilspun can sap life from other dragons. They do this through magical 'deals' wherein they exchange an item or knowledge for a few years off a dragon's total lifespan. Favored targets are Guardians, Imperials, and Ridgebacks, which are longer-lived breeds that might be a bit more easily persuaded to sacrifice a few years of their centuries-long lives. Due to their vanity however, Pearlcatchers are also easy targets. A Pearlcatcher that has made a deal with a child of Shadow will always vehemently deny it, but their fellows will know in time when, years down the line, the bargainer dies where they stand, falling to no disease or injury, but their own recklessness.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[quote name="Mutation" date="2021-12-02 10:15:45" ] Just like how Plague dragons knowingly infect themselves with diseases to bolster their immunity, Nature dragons will suffer venomous bites from increasingly more dangerous beasts to weed out the weak. A major rite of passage for Nature dragon hatchlings is when they can polish off a meal full of poisonous foods without emptying their stomachs back up or becoming crippled from the poisons. Some who pass this milestone will from then on always include a poisonous ingedient of choice in their personal meals, banking on their ability to absorb energy from their environment to become poisonous, themselves. [/quote] Considering how the special Nature exclusive Coliseum ability is called "Envenom", I'm pretty sure this could be true.
Mutation wrote on 2021-12-02 10:15:45:
Just like how Plague dragons knowingly infect themselves with diseases to bolster their immunity, Nature dragons will suffer venomous bites from increasingly more dangerous beasts to weed out the weak. A major rite of passage for Nature dragon hatchlings is when they can polish off a meal full of poisonous foods without emptying their stomachs back up or becoming crippled from the poisons. Some who pass this milestone will from then on always include a poisonous ingedient of choice in their personal meals, banking on their ability to absorb energy from their environment to become poisonous, themselves.

Considering how the special Nature exclusive Coliseum ability is called "Envenom", I'm pretty sure this could be true.
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gifbicatcher.png
Fae dragons make hives out of magical tree sap, but this also means it's entirely possible they could wind up stuck in it and there being Fae that were trapped and fossiled into amber, kinda like how insects have been found in amber.
Fae dragons make hives out of magical tree sap, but this also means it's entirely possible they could wind up stuck in it and there being Fae that were trapped and fossiled into amber, kinda like how insects have been found in amber.
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gifbicatcher.png
[quote name="Celestiyl" date="2021-12-02 10:25:56" ] Fae dragons make hives out of magical tree sap, but this also means it's entirely possible they could wind up stuck in it and there being Fae that were trapped and fossiled into amber, kinda like how insects have been found in amber. [/quote] [skin=14267] That reminds me of this old Swipp skin, it's retired now but still.
Celestiyl wrote on 2021-12-02 10:25:56:

That reminds me of this old Swipp skin, it's retired now but still.
4QFtgPW.png
Dinic: *cracks knuckles*

-Guardians are one of the most anxiety ridden species of dragon because of their drives to protect their charge. While there are certain Guardians or Guardian Clans who try to prevent this stress, it's baked into their biology.

-It's entirely possible for a nature primal to get tangled up somewhere where no one finds them and either die or have their eyes continue to grow to where they can't be moved. In our lore there are two nature primals who got tangled together and were stuck together for so long their eyes are permanently tied together.

-There are certain gene combinations which are painful for multi-gaze dragons. Gembond, Gnarlhorns, Porcupine, and so on can dig into their eyes and they either need to get a gene change or get the eyes in the affected area removed.

-A lot of multi-gaze dragons in general get their eyes taken out, but it's not really a point of judgement for other multi-gaze dragons because of how common and easy it is for this to happen.

-Plague primal eyes often mutate further down the body, causing swollen skin and boils, and occasionally extra eyes elsewhere on the body.

-Very personal lore but facet dragons tend to appear more mutated and buglike, some of which having extra limbs or antennae, others end up struggling to speak. This can lead to certain species outcasting faceted dragons if these mutations are too extreme.

-More personal lore but multi-gaze dragons often have some kind of magical vision. This can cause problems when a dragon can see the future and begin to have visions of potential futures where they or others die, especially since multi-gaze magic is usually the first magic they develop.
Dinic: *cracks knuckles*

-Guardians are one of the most anxiety ridden species of dragon because of their drives to protect their charge. While there are certain Guardians or Guardian Clans who try to prevent this stress, it's baked into their biology.

-It's entirely possible for a nature primal to get tangled up somewhere where no one finds them and either die or have their eyes continue to grow to where they can't be moved. In our lore there are two nature primals who got tangled together and were stuck together for so long their eyes are permanently tied together.

-There are certain gene combinations which are painful for multi-gaze dragons. Gembond, Gnarlhorns, Porcupine, and so on can dig into their eyes and they either need to get a gene change or get the eyes in the affected area removed.

-A lot of multi-gaze dragons in general get their eyes taken out, but it's not really a point of judgement for other multi-gaze dragons because of how common and easy it is for this to happen.

-Plague primal eyes often mutate further down the body, causing swollen skin and boils, and occasionally extra eyes elsewhere on the body.

-Very personal lore but facet dragons tend to appear more mutated and buglike, some of which having extra limbs or antennae, others end up struggling to speak. This can lead to certain species outcasting faceted dragons if these mutations are too extreme.

-More personal lore but multi-gaze dragons often have some kind of magical vision. This can cause problems when a dragon can see the future and begin to have visions of potential futures where they or others die, especially since multi-gaze magic is usually the first magic they develop.
nobody returns from being sent to fight for dom; whatever does return isn't the same dragon [emoji=mirror scared size=1]
nobody returns from being sent to fight for dom; whatever does return isn't the same dragon
(@art by Caprexes)
lZz6o40.png
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-12-02 07:31:17" ] [quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-12-02 07:11:14" ] Shadow, Plague, and Nature are great places to dump a body because the soil is so acidic it basically eats organic matter. [/quote] These regions also have a lot of disappearances just because they’re so politically unstable and dangerous to live in (accidents and getting lost are too common, even for locals), so many dragons never find out why their loved one didn’t come home that night. [/quote] Ok im gonna go write some lore with this, be back soon.
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-12-02 07:31:17:
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-12-02 07:11:14:
Shadow, Plague, and Nature are great places to dump a body because the soil is so acidic it basically eats organic matter.
These regions also have a lot of disappearances just because they’re so politically unstable and dangerous to live in (accidents and getting lost are too common, even for locals), so many dragons never find out why their loved one didn’t come home that night.
Ok im gonna go write some lore with this, be back soon.
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
I give my fodder babies familiars until they're old enough to exalt. Bonding with their familiar is always the last thing I do before I send them off. It feels like they're giving their little buddy one final hug before they go, and it makes me sad every time.
I give my fodder babies familiars until they're old enough to exalt. Bonding with their familiar is always the last thing I do before I send them off. It feels like they're giving their little buddy one final hug before they go, and it makes me sad every time.
Breed Every (Primary) Color Checklist [Guardian/Nocturne Rainbow Challenge]
The Rainbow Swarm Checklist [Veilspun Rainbow Challenge]
Bogshot [Longshot Basic-to-Rare Challenge]
Weekly egg until no more egg

zOT9E44.pngNcJZJ06.pngWjJZ2Rn.pngmlHpBMC.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8