Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Angsty lore headcanons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
don't know if this counts as angsty but :) the twisting crescendo has 20 levels of wind. the current one's on level 3. level 20 would absolutely annihilate the entire continent of sornieth with 200 mph winds of doom. if war ever completely takes sornieth, we can just [i]blow you away[/i] unexpectedly. it's filled with wind magic too so we can conquer the world while we're cleaning it! (: [s]that "while we're cleaning it" part was a joke btw[/s] [s]also this isn't really my headcanon though I do think the twisting crescendo could increase in strength, this is just a thought lol[/s] edit to add: this headcanon probably isn't really "angsty" at all, my lore is nowhere near angsty so writing anything scary just?? isn't my thing. really this headcanon is more of wind: "haha everyone pillow fighting well I'M gonna turn on the big spinny thing I bet nobody expected that! wheeeeee" every other flight: "aaaaa now im dizzy!" wind: "haha spinny wheeeee!" every other flight "ok u win yay go wind!" ..because that's really all i know how to write or would bother writing in the first place lol [emoji=spiral happy size=1]
don't know if this counts as angsty but :)

the twisting crescendo has 20 levels of wind. the current one's on level 3. level 20 would absolutely annihilate the entire continent of sornieth with 200 mph winds of doom. if war ever completely takes sornieth, we can just blow you away unexpectedly. it's filled with wind magic too so we can conquer the world while we're cleaning it! (:

that "while we're cleaning it" part was a joke btw
also this isn't really my headcanon though I do think the twisting crescendo could increase in strength, this is just a thought lol

edit to add: this headcanon probably isn't really "angsty" at all, my lore is nowhere near angsty so writing anything scary just?? isn't my thing. really this headcanon is more of

wind: "haha everyone pillow fighting well I'M gonna turn on the big spinny thing I bet nobody expected that! wheeeeee"
every other flight: "aaaaa now im dizzy!"
wind: "haha spinny wheeeee!"
every other flight "ok u win yay go wind!"

..because that's really all i know how to write or would bother writing in the first place lol
[quote name="FeatherHibiscus" date="2021-12-02 07:16:38" ] don't know if this counts as angsty but :) the twisting crescendo has 20 levels of wind. the current one's on level 3. level 20 would absolutely annihilate the entire continent of sornieth with 200 mph winds of doom. if war ever completely takes sornieth, we can just blow you away unexpectedly. it's filled with wind magic too so we can conquer the world while we're cleaning it! (: [s]that "while we're cleaning it" part was a joke btw also this isn't really my headcanon though I do think the twisting crescendo could increase in strength, this is just a thought lol[/s] [/quote] I actually love this
FeatherHibiscus wrote on 2021-12-02 07:16:38:
don't know if this counts as angsty but :)

the twisting crescendo has 20 levels of wind. the current one's on level 3. level 20 would absolutely annihilate the entire continent of sornieth with 200 mph winds of doom. if war ever completely takes sornieth, we can just blow you away unexpectedly. it's filled with wind magic too so we can conquer the world while we're cleaning it! (:

that "while we're cleaning it" part was a joke btw
also this isn't really my headcanon though I do think the twisting crescendo could increase in strength, this is just a thought lol
I actually love this
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
Guardians are one of the longest lived dragon species, so if their charge is a shorter lived species, they tend to waste away from grief.

Imagine being able to live centuries, but the one you've sworn your life to protect barely lives more than a decade...
Guardians are one of the longest lived dragon species, so if their charge is a shorter lived species, they tend to waste away from grief.

Imagine being able to live centuries, but the one you've sworn your life to protect barely lives more than a decade...
Plague dragons wear the bones of their dead loved ones to honor their attempt at survival, and so they survive on through their new purpose as armor.
Plague dragons wear the bones of their dead loved ones to honor their attempt at survival, and so they survive on through their new purpose as armor.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
[quote name=@mistywolf96 date="2021-12-02 07:20:46" ] Plague dragons wear the bones of their dead loved ones to honor their attempt at survival, and so they survive on through their new purpose as armor. [/quote] I love this. Headcannon accepted.
@mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-12-02 07:20:46:
I love this. Headcannon accepted.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-12-02 07:20:46" ] Plague dragons wear the bones of their dead loved ones to honor their attempt at survival, and so they survive on through their new purpose as armor. [/quote] Plague and Ice dragons with furry deceased loved ones will wear their hides in order to keep warm and keep their loved ones close to them.
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-12-02 07:20:46:
Plague and Ice dragons with furry deceased loved ones will wear their hides in order to keep warm and keep their loved ones close to them.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
[quote name="TenderVulture" date="2021-12-02 07:11:14" ] Shadow, Plague, and Nature are great places to dump a body because the soil is so acidic it basically eats organic matter. [/quote] These regions also have a lot of disappearances just because they’re so politically unstable and dangerous to live in (accidents and getting lost are too common, even for locals), so many dragons never find out why their loved one didn’t come home that night.
TenderVulture wrote on 2021-12-02 07:11:14:
Shadow, Plague, and Nature are great places to dump a body because the soil is so acidic it basically eats organic matter.
These regions also have a lot of disappearances just because they’re so politically unstable and dangerous to live in (accidents and getting lost are too common, even for locals), so many dragons never find out why their loved one didn’t come home that night.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
I suppose my headcanon of Gembond/Cry/Face/Opal might work in here.

As Gembond is a spreading toxin or infection from the onyx cobra, altering them even down to a genetic level, I had thought that eventually it would completely take over and solidify the dragon. Essentially killing them.

...until Crystal came out and I was like 'well... ' those completely solidified by Gembond would eventually begin to move again after a period of hibernation, now adjusted to their new crystalline form. A sort of ... living stone, capable of what they used to do, but not really needing to do it (not needing to breath or eat, but they can if they feel like).

Opal is a further mutation, a sort of... Gembond variant, that starts underneath the skin, and mimics the body better. It still has the same results eventually, but is less bulky in the meantime. The part where the skin/scales start falling off to reveal the stone beneath is rather distressing if one doesn't expect it.

The hibernation period can vary widely, sometime centuries. Making the view of the process being fatal rather common, especially in cases of the hibernating form being destroyed before they can awaken again. Or simply everyone that the individual knows dying before they emerge.

Gembond parents might sometimes end up with of Crystalline hatchlings as the infection progresses quickly with less mass to work on, and thinking them not living(as those eggs would stay unhatched for just as long as the hibernation takes), but cursed stone things that simply didn't hatch, often abandon them in grief.

Shining small statues awakening alone to the world long after the world passed on.
I suppose my headcanon of Gembond/Cry/Face/Opal might work in here.

As Gembond is a spreading toxin or infection from the onyx cobra, altering them even down to a genetic level, I had thought that eventually it would completely take over and solidify the dragon. Essentially killing them.

...until Crystal came out and I was like 'well... ' those completely solidified by Gembond would eventually begin to move again after a period of hibernation, now adjusted to their new crystalline form. A sort of ... living stone, capable of what they used to do, but not really needing to do it (not needing to breath or eat, but they can if they feel like).

Opal is a further mutation, a sort of... Gembond variant, that starts underneath the skin, and mimics the body better. It still has the same results eventually, but is less bulky in the meantime. The part where the skin/scales start falling off to reveal the stone beneath is rather distressing if one doesn't expect it.

The hibernation period can vary widely, sometime centuries. Making the view of the process being fatal rather common, especially in cases of the hibernating form being destroyed before they can awaken again. Or simply everyone that the individual knows dying before they emerge.

Gembond parents might sometimes end up with of Crystalline hatchlings as the infection progresses quickly with less mass to work on, and thinking them not living(as those eggs would stay unhatched for just as long as the hibernation takes), but cursed stone things that simply didn't hatch, often abandon them in grief.

Shining small statues awakening alone to the world long after the world passed on.
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
I just had a horrible, beautiful idea for a pair of lore dragons. Male Ridgeback political prisoner that has either had their snoot broken off or had the soft tissue peeled back so the bone is exposed. Maybe his mate shall be a Tundra who had the soft tissue of her nose removed. She has to constantly keep him within her line of sight so she doesn’t forget him.

I am an evil genius.

…do you think it’s too gruesome for the website?
I just had a horrible, beautiful idea for a pair of lore dragons. Male Ridgeback political prisoner that has either had their snoot broken off or had the soft tissue peeled back so the bone is exposed. Maybe his mate shall be a Tundra who had the soft tissue of her nose removed. She has to constantly keep him within her line of sight so she doesn’t forget him.

I am an evil genius.

…do you think it’s too gruesome for the website?
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
Most dragons underestimate the deserts of the Shattered Plain and Carrion Canyon and end up wandering around aimlessly chasing mirages.
Most dragons underestimate the deserts of the Shattered Plain and Carrion Canyon and end up wandering around aimlessly chasing mirages.
Snailbert has my Wishlist he is a good SnailH0bF1BC.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8