Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Closed] December Kindness Challenge '21
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 320 321
[center][font=Georgia][size=4][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316#post_3071316]Story [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316#post_49409143]Main Post[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316#post_49409166]Task List[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316#post_49409175]Raffle [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316#post_49409233]Pinglist [/url]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316#post_49409276]Thanks[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1az9Y1nX3I-KiePOn0SDEpHbqPiQKkqjJ0eBp3Wy2pgM/edit?usp=sharing]Participant Spreadsheet[/url][/size] [center][img]https://image.ibb.co/dMxZiV/divider-smol.png[/img][/center] [font=Georgia][size=4]Emerging from the hidden depths of a craggy, frigid cavern came the release of a creature unfamiliar with the world they now wandered. The wind felt different for the siblings here, colder and more free to flow. Their life after hatching and growing had been spent somewhat fearful, learning the world for the first time, like so many others of their kind. The winds shifted from a cold, to a mild, to blusters of warm breeze and then to cold once more, by the time Myrna and her brother, Cassiel had the courage of newfound young adulthood to venture beyond the meager home they had forged for themselves. Together the two wandered, lured in by the growing curiosity of white upon the ground that shifted and crunched under their footsteps. Myrna could not help but to laugh. “Isn’t this fun?” She asked. Cassiel gave the ground a sniff for good measure and then perked up his head quizzically. “Is it…?” He questioned, not as certain as Myrna appeared to be. Before Myrna could remark back at her sibling, a strange jingling sounded and startled the both of them. A dragon moved by them, in their claws a clutch of shining, shimmering decorations. Myrna tilted her head and followed, with Cassiel’s trotting coming in tandem. “What’s that?” Myrna asked, halting the dragon by putting her body in front of the path. Her claw tapped the glass of a round bauble. The dragon blinked at her in surprise. “Decorations, for the plaza,” The dragon responded. Cassiel took Myrna’s side. “Decorations? Plaza?” He echoed, tilting his head. “What are those?” For a moment the dragon wondered if they were being tricked by the siblings. When their befuddled expressions did not show a sign of shifting, the dragon’s surprise only grew with the realisation that neither of them had heard of such things. “There is a gathering in the plaza, a big festival to take place for winter,” The dragon smiled. “It’s about giving, and happiness, friends and family.” Cassiel and Myrna exchanged looks. Not either of them had heard of anything the dragon listed, apart from family. Another silence punctuated the statement made by the dragon and the dragon hoisted up the clutches of decorations for better grip, looking toward the path that awaited them. “If you follow me, I can show you,” The dragon offered. “We’re still in the early days, the first, in fact! But there’s lots to do and friends to make. Do you have any friends you’d like to bring with you?” “No,” Both said in unison, confused but eager to follow. “I’ll be your first, then,” The dragon chuckled. The three began their walk, exchanging names and other small pleasantries. [img]https://image.ibb.co/nBK2N0/candle-smol.png[/img] Hello and welcome to the 2021 December Kindness Challenge! December has come around quickly and it is now officially time to get this all underway and to spread the joy of giving and kindness to all. We have a turnout of 89 users for the start of the event so thank you all so much for you interest! I hope we can keep growing as a group, so please do invite or let others know! I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful time with this event and that this season of joy and happiness is merry and bright! Just a few small things below: - If you signed up early on, check out the raffle post again! New things would have been added! Raffle is subject to additional prizes being added if participant levels increase - If you wish to be on the daily pinglist, it is never too late to sign up, as you can sign up at any time! You can add yourself via the self sign up form [url=https://forms.gle/LymaS35ixzTMKamMA]here[/url] (or on the front page of the thread), or you can let me know <3 - This is a trust based exercise! I trust you to complete the tasks, so all you need to do is to message here ([i]I am subbed[/i]) saying that you've completed a task and your name will be recorded for a ticket for the day! - If you feel as though you cannot complete task due to the specific nature of it, you are welcome to simply gift someone instead. - If you wish to link to the challenge in your signature or anywhere else, you can use the little candle icon (below) or the participant badges. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316][img]https://image.ibb.co/nBK2N0/candle-smol.png[/img][/url] [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316][img]https://image.ibb.co/nBK2N0/candle-smol.png[/img][/url][/code] [center][img]https://image.ibb.co/fCX8Uf/divider-2-without-prop-smol.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][font=Georgia][b]December 1st[/b][/size][/font][/center] [center][size=4][font=Georgia]List up to 5 people (though you can do more if you wish!) you think make Flight Rising a better place for you and potentially for others! Tag them here and tell them why, spread the love [emoji=familiar heart size=1][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]https://image.ibb.co/fCX8Uf/divider-2-without-prop-smol.png[/img][/center] [center][size=3][font=georgia]Start of Event Ping @Andraya @Aprycus @Archaeoraptor @Argante @AspenCrow @AtticaIonia @Auralyx @BapeTheFish @BunnySox @Bxy26 @Cantertothewinds @CaptainMoof @cartographic @corndog @Crescentstar711 @crimsonpixie @CupcakeCass @Deramadus @DianaMoon @dragonpals @DTEvie @Elerinwen @Embrace @FinalFlight @Flaxen @FlyingIce @foggie @FreyaShadow @furo @GlitchedFox @Hawkfeather @IamNoHere @iindiig0420 @JoweeTheRaposa @jumbledbyrd @Juxta13 @Kitanya @Kunikida @kyruiz @laivence @Lallie @LissaJade @Littleraddish128 @Loreka @magicspell @Mandragorum @Marmite @Maxine1337 @mayanaz @Mirna @MotherOfBeardies @myLongshanks @Naeryl @Orodruin @Peachbug @pensive @POTaDOS @ProudMomof1 @QuirkyJunimo @Redspike944 @ReginaPhalange @savvydergen @Sekine @Seonais @SilentRiver @SilverCinny @SilverDeath @snek @SocklessWonder @sockmonkeygerald @SomewhatEternal @Stolen @SuzyChi @Swageus @TheDeathseer @Unrest @vangeance @Venusian @Wahlmur @Watercolour @WoollyBat @Woollybat @Xemriss @xique @Xirei @zenhugz Daily Task Ping @Andraya @Aprycus @Archaeoraptor @Argante @AspenCrow @AtticaIonia @Auralyx @BapeTheFish @BunnySox @Bxy26 @Cantertothewinds @CaptainMoof @cartographic @corndog @Crescentstar711 @crimsonpixie @CupcakeCass @Deramadus @DianaMoon @dragonpals @DTEvie @Elerinwen @Embrace @FinalFlight @Flaxen @FlyingIce @foggie @FreyaShadow @furo @GlitchedFox @Hawkfeather @IamNoHere @iindiig0420 @JoweeTheRaposa @jumbledbyrd @Juxta13 @Kitanya @Kunikida @kyruiz @laivence @Lallie @LissaJade @Littleraddish128 @Loreka @lusbiana @magicspell @Mandragorum @Marmite @Maxine1337 @mayanaz @minty @Mirna @MotherOfBeardies @myLongshanks @Naeryl @Orodruin @Peachbug @pensive @POTaDOS @ProudMomof1 @QuirkyJunimo @ReginaPhalange @savvydergen @Sekine @Seonais @SilentRiver @SilverCinny @SilverDeath @snek @SocklessWonder @sockmonkeygerald @SomewhatEternal @Starwindrider @Stolen @SuzyChi @Swageus @TheDeathseer @Unrest @Unspiral @vangeance @Venusian @Wahlmur @Watercolour @Whyvern @Woollybat @Xemriss @xique @Xirei @zenhugz[/center]
Story | Main Post | Task List | Raffle | Pinglist | Thanks | Participant Spreadsheet

divider-smol.png

Emerging from the hidden depths of a craggy, frigid cavern came the release of a creature unfamiliar with the world they now wandered. The wind felt different for the siblings here, colder and more free to flow. Their life after hatching and growing had been spent somewhat fearful, learning the world for the first time, like so many others of their kind.

The winds shifted from a cold, to a mild, to blusters of warm breeze and then to cold once more, by the time Myrna and her brother, Cassiel had the courage of newfound young adulthood to venture beyond the meager home they had forged for themselves. Together the two wandered, lured in by the growing curiosity of white upon the ground that shifted and crunched under their footsteps. Myrna could not help but to laugh.

“Isn’t this fun?” She asked. Cassiel gave the ground a sniff for good measure and then perked up his head quizzically.

“Is it…?” He questioned, not as certain as Myrna appeared to be.

Before Myrna could remark back at her sibling, a strange jingling sounded and startled the both of them. A dragon moved by them, in their claws a clutch of shining, shimmering decorations. Myrna tilted her head and followed, with Cassiel’s trotting coming in tandem.

“What’s that?” Myrna asked, halting the dragon by putting her body in front of the path. Her claw tapped the glass of a round bauble. The dragon blinked at her in surprise.

“Decorations, for the plaza,” The dragon responded. Cassiel took Myrna’s side.

“Decorations? Plaza?” He echoed, tilting his head. “What are those?”

For a moment the dragon wondered if they were being tricked by the siblings. When their befuddled expressions did not show a sign of shifting, the dragon’s surprise only grew with the realisation that neither of them had heard of such things.

“There is a gathering in the plaza, a big festival to take place for winter,” The dragon smiled. “It’s about giving, and happiness, friends and family.”

Cassiel and Myrna exchanged looks. Not either of them had heard of anything the dragon listed, apart from family. Another silence punctuated the statement made by the dragon and the dragon hoisted up the clutches of decorations for better grip, looking toward the path that awaited them.

“If you follow me, I can show you,” The dragon offered. “We’re still in the early days, the first, in fact! But there’s lots to do and friends to make. Do you have any friends you’d like to bring with you?”

“No,” Both said in unison, confused but eager to follow.

“I’ll be your first, then,” The dragon chuckled. The three began their walk, exchanging names and other small pleasantries.

candle-smol.png

Hello and welcome to the 2021 December Kindness Challenge! December has come around quickly and it is now officially time to get this all underway and to spread the joy of giving and kindness to all. We have a turnout of 89 users for the start of the event so thank you all so much for you interest! I hope we can keep growing as a group, so please do invite or let others know!

I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful time with this event and that this season of joy and happiness is merry and bright!

Just a few small things below:

- If you signed up early on, check out the raffle post again! New things would have been added! Raffle is subject to additional prizes being added if participant levels increase

- If you wish to be on the daily pinglist, it is never too late to sign up, as you can sign up at any time! You can add yourself via the self sign up form here (or on the front page of the thread), or you can let me know <3

- This is a trust based exercise! I trust you to complete the tasks, so all you need to do is to message here (I am subbed) saying that you've completed a task and your name will be recorded for a ticket for the day!

- If you feel as though you cannot complete task due to the specific nature of it, you are welcome to simply gift someone instead.

- If you wish to link to the challenge in your signature or anywhere else, you can use the little candle icon (below) or the participant badges.

candle-smol.png
Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3071316][img]https://image.ibb.co/nBK2N0/candle-smol.png[/img][/url]
divider-2-without-prop-smol.png
December 1st
List up to 5 people (though you can do more if you wish!) you think make Flight Rising a better place for you and potentially for others! Tag them here and tell them why, spread the love
divider-2-without-prop-smol.png
Start of Event Ping
@Andraya @Aprycus @Archaeoraptor @Argante @AspenCrow @AtticaIonia @Auralyx @BapeTheFish @BunnySox @Bxy26 @Cantertothewinds @CaptainMoof @cartographic @corndog @Crescentstar711 @crimsonpixie @CupcakeCass @Deramadus @DianaMoon @dragonpals @DTEvie @Elerinwen @Embrace @FinalFlight @Flaxen @FlyingIce @foggie @FreyaShadow @furo @GlitchedFox @Hawkfeather @IamNoHere @iindiig0420 @JoweeTheRaposa @jumbledbyrd @Juxta13 @Kitanya @Kunikida @kyruiz @laivence @Lallie @LissaJade @Littleraddish128 @Loreka @magicspell @Mandragorum @Marmite @Maxine1337 @mayanaz @Mirna @MotherOfBeardies @myLongshanks @Naeryl @Orodruin @Peachbug @pensive @POTaDOS @ProudMomof1 @QuirkyJunimo @Redspike944 @ReginaPhalange @savvydergen @Sekine @Seonais @SilentRiver @SilverCinny @SilverDeath @snek @SocklessWonder @sockmonkeygerald @SomewhatEternal @Stolen @SuzyChi @Swageus @TheDeathseer @Unrest @vangeance @Venusian @Wahlmur @Watercolour @WoollyBat @Woollybat @Xemriss @xique @Xirei @zenhugz

Daily Task Ping
@Andraya @Aprycus @Archaeoraptor @Argante @AspenCrow @AtticaIonia @Auralyx @BapeTheFish @BunnySox @Bxy26 @Cantertothewinds @CaptainMoof @cartographic @corndog @Crescentstar711 @crimsonpixie @CupcakeCass @Deramadus @DianaMoon @dragonpals @DTEvie @Elerinwen @Embrace @FinalFlight @Flaxen @FlyingIce @foggie @FreyaShadow @furo @GlitchedFox @Hawkfeather @IamNoHere @iindiig0420 @JoweeTheRaposa @jumbledbyrd @Juxta13 @Kitanya @Kunikida @kyruiz @laivence @Lallie @LissaJade @Littleraddish128 @Loreka @lusbiana @magicspell @Mandragorum @Marmite @Maxine1337 @mayanaz @minty @Mirna @MotherOfBeardies @myLongshanks @Naeryl @Orodruin @Peachbug @pensive @POTaDOS @ProudMomof1 @QuirkyJunimo @ReginaPhalange @savvydergen @Sekine @Seonais @SilentRiver @SilverCinny @SilverDeath @snek @SocklessWonder @sockmonkeygerald @SomewhatEternal @Starwindrider @Stolen @SuzyChi @Swageus @TheDeathseer @Unrest @Unspiral @vangeance @Venusian @Wahlmur @Watercolour @Whyvern @Woollybat @Xemriss @xique @Xirei @zenhugz
qvTNuJR.png
~May the wind forever be in your favour and may it always be at your back~

Australian | FR +19 | She/Her
candle-smol.png
oh!! i love the entirety of the light flight discord, but im going to specifically call out @chunsah @elonakele @tapcap and @anduins for enabling our chaos in said discord
oh!! i love the entirety of the light flight discord, but im going to specifically call out @chunsah @elonakele @tapcap and @anduins for enabling our chaos in said discord
tumblr_p575ucab9X1wvvm88o3_100.png 1vAtYxM.png
eq6zQ9M.png
jt1VeLt.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
please ping me if you're responding!
@draculollie and @everydaygoth, it's been really fun getting closer and chatting with you guys more ever since we joined FR @Poi, you've shown a lot of kindness and generosity in helping new players like me and I appreciate it so much! Also all the people that give out dragons to new players.[emoji=heart size=1] I love my adoptees.
@draculollie and @everydaygoth, it's been really fun getting closer and chatting with you guys more ever since we joined FR

@Poi, you've shown a lot of kindness and generosity in helping new players like me and I appreciate it so much!

Also all the people that give out dragons to new players. I love my adoptees.
18920.png
she / her
fr +16-17
ZWi0rTY.png
Happy December; looking forward to a month of holiday cheer and then some more! Today's task is to list 5 folks here I think make FR a great place to be, and here they are for me:

@Strangeflesh for the 'put your username through neuralblender' thread, which introduced me to the masterpiece maker that neuralblender is and gave me a lot of good laughs!

@SheridanCharon among others for... another thread, but this time a thank you for all your contributions to Return of the Meat Pineapple, which has quickly become my one-stop shop for food atrocities to terrify and amuse my friends.

@QuirkyJunimo: I don't think we've ever formally interacted, but be it your sense of humor, your lair or your enthusiasm, it's always nice to see you around the discussion forums!

@YubiEevee and @Alligatorsight for being awesome RP partners, I know I was never the fastest responder with real life to deal with too but it was a blast while it lasted and helped me develop my Clan lore so much.

@Lallie, of course, for starting this project and giving everyone the means to join together in doing genuine acts of kindness. Thank you!
Happy December; looking forward to a month of holiday cheer and then some more! Today's task is to list 5 folks here I think make FR a great place to be, and here they are for me:

@Strangeflesh for the 'put your username through neuralblender' thread, which introduced me to the masterpiece maker that neuralblender is and gave me a lot of good laughs!

@SheridanCharon among others for... another thread, but this time a thank you for all your contributions to Return of the Meat Pineapple, which has quickly become my one-stop shop for food atrocities to terrify and amuse my friends.

@QuirkyJunimo: I don't think we've ever formally interacted, but be it your sense of humor, your lair or your enthusiasm, it's always nice to see you around the discussion forums!

@YubiEevee and @Alligatorsight for being awesome RP partners, I know I was never the fastest responder with real life to deal with too but it was a blast while it lasted and helped me develop my Clan lore so much.

@Lallie, of course, for starting this project and giving everyone the means to join together in doing genuine acts of kindness. Thank you!
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
@darkonek omg this was such a pleasant surprise and so sweet! [emoji=cat 3 size=1] I feel the same way!
@darkonek omg this was such a pleasant surprise and so sweet! I feel the same way!
Omg we're starting!
First off I'd love to thank @littletomato56 for being a great friend!
And then we have @vertigris , happy (albeit late) FR anniversary and you're so kind sfdgfh thanks for the box!
@quirkyrabbit thank you so much for making my calligraphy thread code! I know it's gonna be amazing <3
@blacknovelist , thank you for being such an ardent supporter of my calligraphy and giving that huge tip!!
And @Iggyxrisu , thank you for Mischa, she has grown to be one of my favourite dragons :)
Omg we're starting!
First off I'd love to thank @littletomato56 for being a great friend!
And then we have @vertigris , happy (albeit late) FR anniversary and you're so kind sfdgfh thanks for the box!
@quirkyrabbit thank you so much for making my calligraphy thread code! I know it's gonna be amazing <3
@blacknovelist , thank you for being such an ardent supporter of my calligraphy and giving that huge tip!!
And @Iggyxrisu , thank you for Mischa, she has grown to be one of my favourite dragons :)
spiral500100.jpg
December 1st

A shout out to people I met in my old flight; @Goldia @MeadowMatriarch - you're brilliant, lovely people and I hope you have an excellent time with whatever you have planned in life!

And then to the entire Earth flight for making me feel warm and welcome. You're amazing and I'm happy to be a pebble! (I can't possibly ping everyone but if I need to, I'll ping the Dom Lead @/Dracowolf)

@argante @Lallie - I'm sure your sick of pings but thank you for making December on FR that extra bit special!
December 1st

A shout out to people I met in my old flight; @Goldia @MeadowMatriarch - you're brilliant, lovely people and I hope you have an excellent time with whatever you have planned in life!

And then to the entire Earth flight for making me feel warm and welcome. You're amazing and I'm happy to be a pebble! (I can't possibly ping everyone but if I need to, I'll ping the Dom Lead @/Dracowolf)

@argante @Lallie - I'm sure your sick of pings but thank you for making December on FR that extra bit special!
mWb40Sz.png ° Loreka :: FR +8
° Hatchery
° True Love Lore
° Dom Shop
° Cauldron
° Wishlist
p1pwDi9.png d5DfzOU.png
[cracks knuckles]

shout out to the entire giftbomb battle royale discord, theyre just such wonderful and generous people and if i had the time i would tag all of them (except not really thats way too many pings lol)
[cracks knuckles]

shout out to the entire giftbomb battle royale discord, theyre just such wonderful and generous people and if i had the time i would tag all of them (except not really thats way too many pings lol)
bababooey
Happy holidays everyone :) I hope ya'll have a great december, and maybe join in with the kindness challenge if you weren't already participating.

@Rubyrobin
Thanks for lending out your dragons for me to use in the coli while I built my own team. Really helped me make my place in FR quickly by letting me farm for festivals right away and join coli events other users hosted. I someday plan to have dragons I can lend to Natures lending cycle too thanks to you <3

@Nocturn2
I said it recently, but thanks to your free familiar thread I was able to surpass 200 familiars and get a bunch of event fams that I would have normally waited for. Also I know your thread helps fill a bunch of other saplings bestiarys too, so thank you for your generosity :)

@Uruhead
I had a lot of fun with bingo, and you were a great help on the team during the in fligh battle. I don't really talk much in the discords but I see you helping run a bunch of progams and you really make nature a very nice flight to be in ^-^

@RexD999
We haven't interacted too much but you were a great leader for team Unbeleafables. You fought hard as heck and raised so many dragons and even supported people mercing. I think you were a really big motivator in the team and helped others push. Definitely would like to be on your team again in another battle!

@Ramirez33
We interacted briefly but you were a huge help to me! Was really having a hard time finding anyone to help me but you responded to my SOS and took time out of your day to last minute get me a skin. Very kind of you and I really appreciated it :)

Happy holidays everyone :) I hope ya'll have a great december, and maybe join in with the kindness challenge if you weren't already participating.

@Rubyrobin
Thanks for lending out your dragons for me to use in the coli while I built my own team. Really helped me make my place in FR quickly by letting me farm for festivals right away and join coli events other users hosted. I someday plan to have dragons I can lend to Natures lending cycle too thanks to you <3

@Nocturn2
I said it recently, but thanks to your free familiar thread I was able to surpass 200 familiars and get a bunch of event fams that I would have normally waited for. Also I know your thread helps fill a bunch of other saplings bestiarys too, so thank you for your generosity :)

@Uruhead
I had a lot of fun with bingo, and you were a great help on the team during the in fligh battle. I don't really talk much in the discords but I see you helping run a bunch of progams and you really make nature a very nice flight to be in ^-^

@RexD999
We haven't interacted too much but you were a great leader for team Unbeleafables. You fought hard as heck and raised so many dragons and even supported people mercing. I think you were a really big motivator in the team and helped others push. Definitely would like to be on your team again in another battle!

@Ramirez33
We interacted briefly but you were a huge help to me! Was really having a hard time finding anyone to help me but you responded to my SOS and took time out of your day to last minute get me a skin. Very kind of you and I really appreciated it :)

9WT9rXz.gifezgif.com-gif-maker_5.gifvJSpImf.gif
Hope everyone has a wonderful December!!

First of all, I want to thank @Argante for organizing the Secret Santa event! You have such good vibes and I appreciate what you do.

@Kaidareth, thank you so much for being a wonderful person to interact with. Your cheerful attitude and adorable hatchery are the best.

@Raffle, your videos introduced me to Flight Rising! I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for the content that you create.

@Lallie, thank you for hosting this lovely event! It's an honor to be able to participate. You make Flight Rising a great place to be!

Lastly, here's a huge shout out to all of the users who welcome new players!
Hope everyone has a wonderful December!!

First of all, I want to thank @Argante for organizing the Secret Santa event! You have such good vibes and I appreciate what you do.

@Kaidareth, thank you so much for being a wonderful person to interact with. Your cheerful attitude and adorable hatchery are the best.

@Raffle, your videos introduced me to Flight Rising! I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for the content that you create.

@Lallie, thank you for hosting this lovely event! It's an honor to be able to participate. You make Flight Rising a great place to be!

Lastly, here's a huge shout out to all of the users who welcome new players!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 320 321