Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: About ancient breed release hinting
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gosh... was the Veilspun really almost a year ago already? Where does the time go.
Gosh... was the Veilspun really almost a year ago already? Where does the time go.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
What’s with all the recent talk of the ancient? The last hint what’s the silhouette as far as I’m aware, and there’s three threads about it on the first page.

Was there something new posted that I’m not aware of?
What’s with all the recent talk of the ancient? The last hint what’s the silhouette as far as I’m aware, and there’s three threads about it on the first page.

giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="@Shinyumbreon" date="2021-10-27 18:32:04" ] What’s with all the recent talk of the ancient? The last hint what’s the silhouette as far as I’m aware, and there’s two threads about it on the first page. Was there something new posted that I’m not aware of? [/quote] No, speculation is simply rampant because people think it'll be released on Halloween
@Shinyumbreon wrote on 2021-10-27 18:32:04:
What’s with all the recent talk of the ancient? The last hint what’s the silhouette as far as I’m aware, and there’s two threads about it on the first page.

No, speculation is simply rampant because people think it'll be released on Halloween

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
I mean. Not to be that person, but if the Veilspun release is something to go by, they could technically post a hint as late as 22:00 server on Saturday for a Halloween launch? Live updates seem to be between 18:00 and 22:00, so it's possible they wouldn't post it early in the morning.

Not saying they would, but. I would think the silhouette was only posted because it was a final pass on one gender's pose, meaning the concept was likely finished by then. And it's been a while since then, so maybe?
I mean. Not to be that person, but if the Veilspun release is something to go by, they could technically post a hint as late as 22:00 server on Saturday for a Halloween launch? Live updates seem to be between 18:00 and 22:00, so it's possible they wouldn't post it early in the morning.

Not saying they would, but. I would think the silhouette was only posted because it was a final pass on one gender's pose, meaning the concept was likely finished by then. And it's been a while since then, so maybe?
[quote name="@Shinyumbreon" date="2021-10-27 18:32:04" ] What’s with all the recent talk of the ancient? The last hint what’s the silhouette as far as I’m aware, and there’s three threads about it on the first page. Was there something new posted that I’m not aware of? [/quote] Nothing new, but the silhouette came with the comment of [quote]"New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon [u]for this year[/u]."[/quote] So the closer we get to the end of the year the more people get excited over every little thing as a possible sign, since the clock is ticking down on when it can drop and still be on schedule for what staff predicted. Personally I'm hoping for it to be soon since I want there to be breathing room between it and NotN, but it'll go how it goes.
@Shinyumbreon wrote on 2021-10-27 18:32:04:

Nothing new, but the silhouette came with the comment of
Quote:
"New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon for this year."

So the closer we get to the end of the year the more people get excited over every little thing as a possible sign, since the clock is ticking down on when it can drop and still be on schedule for what staff predicted.

Personally I'm hoping for it to be soon since I want there to be breathing room between it and NotN, but it'll go how it goes.
It seems the hints/taunts come out one-two days before the actual release, so I feel people aren't too far fetched in thinking it could be happening anytime soon
It seems the hints/taunts come out one-two days before the actual release, so I feel people aren't too far fetched in thinking it could be happening anytime soon
UDp5HOz.pngforum_friendly_noodleverse.gifGek4MgE.pngezgif-3-304cb7f281.gifundefined.png
tbh I don't think it's going to be released until mid November at the earliest, simply because they just released the Mire update. Don't get me wrong, I would love a Halloween update, buuuuut that would be a very short time between major releases. With a festival happening during that time, too!
tbh I don't think it's going to be released until mid November at the earliest, simply because they just released the Mire update. Don't get me wrong, I would love a Halloween update, buuuuut that would be a very short time between major releases. With a festival happening during that time, too!
deity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Usually online between 22:00 and 6:00 server time!
kakvyh5.png s5AhXjW.png
i'd definitely be surprised if we get it so soon after the mire update, and not in mid-november. any sooner would seem really close together, although they probably did have a majority of the art done at the time of the teaser release, so who knows?

however, i was one of the people cautiously hoping for a halloween release, and i have to admit, something about roundsey giving out plague fest items, an ancient dragon, a plush version of a multi-headed monstrosity, and unhatched eggs does seem a bit... odd in any other context. it is a VERY rag-tag group of items to put together. am i saying we're getting the new ancient within the next week? not necessarily, but.. well, SOMETHING is certainly up.
i'd definitely be surprised if we get it so soon after the mire update, and not in mid-november. any sooner would seem really close together, although they probably did have a majority of the art done at the time of the teaser release, so who knows?

however, i was one of the people cautiously hoping for a halloween release, and i have to admit, something about roundsey giving out plague fest items, an ancient dragon, a plush version of a multi-headed monstrosity, and unhatched eggs does seem a bit... odd in any other context. it is a VERY rag-tag group of items to put together. am i saying we're getting the new ancient within the next week? not necessarily, but.. well, SOMETHING is certainly up.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2021-10-27 20:12:20" ] Nothing new, but the silhouette came with the comment of [quote]"New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon [u]for this year[/u]."[/quote] So the closer we get to the end of the year the more people get excited over every little thing as a possible sign, since the clock is ticking down on when it can drop and still be on schedule for what staff predicted. Personally I'm hoping for it to be soon since I want there to be breathing room between it and NotN, but it'll go how it goes. [/quote] I still believe FR years are anniversary to anniversary. But that might just be me, trying to play it cool haha
PersimmonBird wrote on 2021-10-27 20:12:20:
Nothing new, but the silhouette came with the comment of
Quote:
"New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon for this year."

So the closer we get to the end of the year the more people get excited over every little thing as a possible sign, since the clock is ticking down on when it can drop and still be on schedule for what staff predicted.

Personally I'm hoping for it to be soon since I want there to be breathing room between it and NotN, but it'll go how it goes.

I still believe FR years are anniversary to anniversary. But that might just be me, trying to play it cool haha
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I doubt they want to release breeds during the holidays, since they'd just compete with the festival grinding and take attentions away from the player-run fest events. I'm hoping for the week after RoR, though.
I doubt they want to release breeds during the holidays, since they'd just compete with the festival grinding and take attentions away from the player-run fest events. I'm hoping for the week after RoR, though.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7