Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | why are snappers so unpopular?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
The apparel tends to look weird and chunky on them, their wing to body ratio seems off, and the way their feet (esp the claws I guess) look makes me feel uncomfortable, other than that I wish I could like them more.
I have one sentimental Snapper I've kept around but other than that I mostly forget that they exist tbh. (I forget about Bogsneaks too tho so.. sorry?)
The apparel tends to look weird and chunky on them, their wing to body ratio seems off, and the way their feet (esp the claws I guess) look makes me feel uncomfortable, other than that I wish I could like them more.
I have one sentimental Snapper I've kept around but other than that I mostly forget that they exist tbh. (I forget about Bogsneaks too tho so.. sorry?)
tumblr_inline_pstgarDqq51tc3swm_75sq.png tumblr_inline_pstgas05kl1tc3swm_75sq.pngzuKl4tj.pngtumblr_inline_p409qnf9Wx1tc3swm_540.pngtumblr_inline_p40r5mKIGh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3ylp2Quz91tc3swm_540.pngsmolsnek.png y6Tz96p.png lM0v4sB.pnge303f6ae-68b9-11eb-b911-5de944b9d8e8.gif
I like big wings and I cannot lie. Snaps are cute, but their wings are too small for me. Obelisks are basically my ideal chunky dragon type, they look strong without loosing any of the sleekness.
I like big wings and I cannot lie. Snaps are cute, but their wings are too small for me. Obelisks are basically my ideal chunky dragon type, they look strong without loosing any of the sleekness.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="Serafin" date="2018-06-02 19:12:21" ] Their wings are disproportionate to their bodies, their expressions are dopey/goofy in what is -- to me -- not an endearing way. The underbite is just ugly to me. The female is squatting awkwardly and the male looks weirdly pigeon-toed. I don't generally like bulky/tanky creatures/characters, not to mention the fact that Snappers kind of resemble bulldogs or pitbulls (which I also kinda dislike.) So overall, they're just everything I don't like. I wanted to like them, but regardless of color, genes, apparel or accent, I just can't. Sometimes I see a Snapper that has really pretty gene/color combos, but then I can't help thinking, "why would I buy this dragon when I could find literally any other breed with similar colors/genes?" [/quote] Old personal explanation of mine, but I stand by it. Just not my cup of tea aesthetically.
Serafin wrote on 2018-06-02 19:12:21:
Their wings are disproportionate to their bodies, their expressions are dopey/goofy in what is -- to me -- not an endearing way. The underbite is just ugly to me. The female is squatting awkwardly and the male looks weirdly pigeon-toed.

I don't generally like bulky/tanky creatures/characters, not to mention the fact that Snappers kind of resemble bulldogs or pitbulls (which I also kinda dislike.)

So overall, they're just everything I don't like. I wanted to like them, but regardless of color, genes, apparel or accent, I just can't. Sometimes I see a Snapper that has really pretty gene/color combos, but then I can't help thinking, "why would I buy this dragon when I could find literally any other breed with similar colors/genes?"

Old personal explanation of mine, but I stand by it. Just not my cup of tea aesthetically.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
I like the art I have seen of them, like Tomo is precious, but the breed art just never sparked anything in me. I have the same issue with tundras.
I like the art I have seen of them, like Tomo is precious, but the breed art just never sparked anything in me. I have the same issue with tundras.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
[quote name="svndew" date="2021-10-24 10:43:38" ] i very rarely see them in lairs [/quote] I have been summoned- Well, for the most part, snappers aren’t as elegant as other dragons and look very goofy, leading to it being difficult to give some more dark personalities. Male snappers in particular suffer from “funnyface-itis”, with their heads at just an angle where they look super chunky and super silly. This drives many away, but it leads me to love ‘em.
svndew wrote on 2021-10-24 10:43:38:
i very rarely see them in lairs

I have been summoned-

Well, for the most part, snappers aren’t as elegant as other dragons and look very goofy, leading to it being difficult to give some more dark personalities. Male snappers in particular suffer from “funnyface-itis”, with their heads at just an angle where they look super chunky and super silly. This drives many away, but it leads me to love ‘em.
>:) evil text,, they/them
neurodivergent
nature flight
x6.png hTrS9lv.png n3.png certified
wildclaw
enjoyer
They look elderly to me, even the babies. And the design of their feet annoys me because I can't imagine a Snapper seriously doing anything dexterous without it always being humorous. For me it limits the breed from being anything more than funny lizard elephants. I like Snappers, they just don't have a place in my lair's loose lore.
They look elderly to me, even the babies. And the design of their feet annoys me because I can't imagine a Snapper seriously doing anything dexterous without it always being humorous. For me it limits the breed from being anything more than funny lizard elephants. I like Snappers, they just don't have a place in my lair's loose lore.
they're a great breed! they just don't hit any of my sweet spots

they're not elegant like skydancers and imps (controversial opinion, but also sometimes tundras)
they don't have lithe bodies like PCs and mirrors
they're not powerful tanks like guardians, obbies and gaolers
they're not fearsome like wildclaws and banes
and they don't have itty bitty must protect bodies like, faes, spirals and veils do

I do like tundras, but mostly cuz they FLOOF which snappers also don't have

I bare no hatred or dislike for snappers, they just don't interest me at all
they're a great breed! they just don't hit any of my sweet spots

they're not elegant like skydancers and imps (controversial opinion, but also sometimes tundras)
they don't have lithe bodies like PCs and mirrors
they're not powerful tanks like guardians, obbies and gaolers
they're not fearsome like wildclaws and banes
and they don't have itty bitty must protect bodies like, faes, spirals and veils do

I do like tundras, but mostly cuz they FLOOF which snappers also don't have

I bare no hatred or dislike for snappers, they just don't interest me at all
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
I have several Snappers I love but I am slightly put off by the way the male's face is positioned in the avatar square. It looks so ridiculous and all I want to do is show off my boys. D: Males are also harder to dress because FR's cell shading style doesn't handle foreshortening well, so a lot of the head apparel looks weird, flat, or disproportionate on them.
I have several Snappers I love but I am slightly put off by the way the male's face is positioned in the avatar square. It looks so ridiculous and all I want to do is show off my boys. D: Males are also harder to dress because FR's cell shading style doesn't handle foreshortening well, so a lot of the head apparel looks weird, flat, or disproportionate on them.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
I love my snip snaps!! To me they nothing upopular! They are awesome!! I need to add more My favorite dude [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/468672][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/4687/468672_350.png[/img][/url]
I love my snip snaps!! To me they nothing upopular! They are awesome!! I need to add more

My favorite dude

468672_350.png
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I love me a good sturdy dragon, which is definitely why ridgebacks are one of my fave breeds, but I literally cannot find any good snappers. I’ve yet to find a hatchery specializing in them, and the only ones on the AH are wonky fodder, so I don’t have any in my lair.

pm me if you have any cute F snappers for sale
I love me a good sturdy dragon, which is definitely why ridgebacks are one of my fave breeds, but I literally cannot find any good snappers. I’ve yet to find a hatchery specializing in them, and the only ones on the AH are wonky fodder, so I don’t have any in my lair.

pm me if you have any cute F snappers for sale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20