Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | why are snappers so unpopular?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
I've seen them called "dirt lumps", and a lot of people are not interested in that.
I've seen them called "dirt lumps", and a lot of people are not interested in that.
[quote name="svndew" date="2021-10-24 11:55:30" ] poor boys are getting ripped apart in these replies [/quote] This. I don't really like Snappers, but I have seen cute ones! I also don't really like the fact alot of people's reasons for not liking them is because they are "chonky". [s]IRL, I'm kinda chonky..[/s]
svndew wrote on 2021-10-24 11:55:30:
poor boys are getting ripped apart in these replies
This. I don't really like Snappers, but I have seen cute ones!
I also don't really like the fact alot of people's reasons for not liking them is because they are "chonky".
IRL, I'm kinda chonky..
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
Males are missing a leg, they are like- chumbawumbas and are not graceful compared to the other designs. It takes a lot to love them but I do admit opal on snappers is probably my favorite gene display
Males are missing a leg, they are like- chumbawumbas and are not graceful compared to the other designs. It takes a lot to love them but I do admit opal on snappers is probably my favorite gene display
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
[quote name="Eviscerate" date="2021-10-24 12:00:26" ] [quote name="svndew" date="2021-10-24 11:55:30" ] poor boys are getting ripped apart in these replies [/quote] This. I don't really like Snappers, but I have seen cute ones! I also don't really like the fact alot of people's reasons for not liking them is because they are "chonky". [s]IRL, I'm kinda chonky..[/s] [/quote] me neither, theres ppl saying they arent elegant and thats why they dont like em and its like.. :( theyre so cute still and deserve more love, im gonna try to breed a bunch of nice babies and sell them
Eviscerate wrote on 2021-10-24 12:00:26:
svndew wrote on 2021-10-24 11:55:30:
poor boys are getting ripped apart in these replies
This. I don't really like Snappers, but I have seen cute ones!
I also don't really like the fact alot of people's reasons for not liking them is because they are "chonky".
IRL, I'm kinda chonky..

me neither, theres ppl saying they arent elegant and thats why they dont like em and its like.. :(
theyre so cute still and deserve more love, im gonna try to breed a bunch of nice babies and sell them
they/she, 18. the subconscious is a parasite. II .water flight! the crystalline cult(link)
UezVSty.pngb55GE9i.png5IpnUyA.png
Primarily because of aesthetic popularity. More people like elegant and thin over strong and chonky. I must admit even I am slightly affected by the weird arm anatomy on their art, it's nonsensical. However, on the other hand, I have Snappers as my second favs, right after Ridgeback. They're a delight to dress tbh.

Feel free to skitter through my lair and Den, they're beloved in here

edit: oh yeah I'm with you, don't worry, I personally adore big, strong characters/designs as I'm big, stronk and also fat myself. It's a shame such appearance isn't that popular but as long as I'm not straight up being insulted, anyone can like whatever they want.
Primarily because of aesthetic popularity. More people like elegant and thin over strong and chonky. I must admit even I am slightly affected by the weird arm anatomy on their art, it's nonsensical. However, on the other hand, I have Snappers as my second favs, right after Ridgeback. They're a delight to dress tbh.

Feel free to skitter through my lair and Den, they're beloved in here

edit: oh yeah I'm with you, don't worry, I personally adore big, strong characters/designs as I'm big, stronk and also fat myself. It's a shame such appearance isn't that popular but as long as I'm not straight up being insulted, anyone can like whatever they want.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
There are a few reasons why I personally don't have many snappers
  1. I love g1s and fandragons. Snapper scrolls are more expensive than a lot of my unfinished fandragon and g1 projects which I still need to finish djlksfjklafdsa i'm sorry tulli i haven't even given you a renaming scroll
  2. From a lore perspective, some of my fandragons (or at least fandragon plans) are better as another species. Snappers are great, but I'm not going to make a character with a spiral personality a snapper.
There are a few reasons why I personally don't have many snappers
  1. I love g1s and fandragons. Snapper scrolls are more expensive than a lot of my unfinished fandragon and g1 projects which I still need to finish djlksfjklafdsa i'm sorry tulli i haven't even given you a renaming scroll
  2. From a lore perspective, some of my fandragons (or at least fandragon plans) are better as another species. Snappers are great, but I'm not going to make a character with a spiral personality a snapper.
................... tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
BapeTheFish
She/Her
FR time +0 but I'm online at weird times
Avatar dragon | Wishlist | Fandragons!
pixel birds credit
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o2_r1_100.gif
They feel like they were drawn to be fat and sluggish. Their wing to body ratio feels extremely off too.

They feel like they were drawn to be fat and sluggish. Their wing to body ratio feels extremely off too.

siggy.png
I love snaps, but most genes feel very unbalanced on them. Male wings are the worst part imo
I love snaps, but most genes feel very unbalanced on them. Male wings are the worst part imo
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Weird legs, weird faces. Especially on males. The girls are cute, but even they're chucky in a way that doesn't make it seem like they can't do much besides walk. I'm all for chunky dragons, I want more sturdy, tanky dragons who aren't so elegant, but I want sturdy tanky dragons that can fit into my warrior based lore, or at least hold a supportive job in the clan as a craftsperson or similar. Snappers lore basically says if attacked by anything bigger than them they just lay down. They do have a mean bite, but they don't look like they're particularly fast. But most importantly, they don't have hands. Its really hard for me to make lore for something that doesn't have hands - they can't really garden or trim fur or hold any tools, and even the dragon who spends the most time in my lore just walking around needs hands to carry pearls. I wouldn't mind having a few good looking snap girls, but I just don't know what to do with them. I don't really keep dragons unless they have lore.
Weird legs, weird faces. Especially on males. The girls are cute, but even they're chucky in a way that doesn't make it seem like they can't do much besides walk. I'm all for chunky dragons, I want more sturdy, tanky dragons who aren't so elegant, but I want sturdy tanky dragons that can fit into my warrior based lore, or at least hold a supportive job in the clan as a craftsperson or similar. Snappers lore basically says if attacked by anything bigger than them they just lay down. They do have a mean bite, but they don't look like they're particularly fast. But most importantly, they don't have hands. Its really hard for me to make lore for something that doesn't have hands - they can't really garden or trim fur or hold any tools, and even the dragon who spends the most time in my lore just walking around needs hands to carry pearls. I wouldn't mind having a few good looking snap girls, but I just don't know what to do with them. I don't really keep dragons unless they have lore.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
It's hard to dress them. None of the apparel really looks right because of how thick they are, especially their legs (esp. esp. male pose's legs).

Plus they're goofy/memey looking based on their faces.

I rarely find any I like, though I like the female pose better than the male.

Reason I specifically don't like the male (again, females are workable imo):

-Apparel looks stretched on them, especially on their feet.
-Meme-dragons. I don't really collect meme dragons so the fact a lot of stuff can make them look meme material (like Marva eyes) I just don't like their goofy faces.
-Their front legs bow inward, which looks weird. Think both poses do the male's just makes it weirder.
-elephant feet makes foot apparel even weirder than the stretching already does.

don't get me wrong, I don't mind character who are big and/or strong... I just don't find dragons like that appealing. I also find Bogsneaks and Obelisks hard to dress because their built chunky/strong.
Maybe if the apparel didn't look so bad on them and/or the pose was different they'd be more appealing.

Just recently Tomo got an art update and she looks great in her new art. Unfortunately, staff aren't likely to just update a whole breed's pose art. It'd ruin any skins/accents they have and people who liked the old versions would riot like the eyeapocalypse while others may complain that it isn't fair that only that breed is getting an update. Not to mention they'd have to redesign all the apparel to fit them again.
Basically, fanart/other site art of them looks really nice. But the poses we got for the male them make them look bad.
It's hard to dress them. None of the apparel really looks right because of how thick they are, especially their legs (esp. esp. male pose's legs).

Plus they're goofy/memey looking based on their faces.

I rarely find any I like, though I like the female pose better than the male.

Reason I specifically don't like the male (again, females are workable imo):

-Apparel looks stretched on them, especially on their feet.
-Meme-dragons. I don't really collect meme dragons so the fact a lot of stuff can make them look meme material (like Marva eyes) I just don't like their goofy faces.
-Their front legs bow inward, which looks weird. Think both poses do the male's just makes it weirder.
-elephant feet makes foot apparel even weirder than the stretching already does.

don't get me wrong, I don't mind character who are big and/or strong... I just don't find dragons like that appealing. I also find Bogsneaks and Obelisks hard to dress because their built chunky/strong.
Maybe if the apparel didn't look so bad on them and/or the pose was different they'd be more appealing.

Just recently Tomo got an art update and she looks great in her new art. Unfortunately, staff aren't likely to just update a whole breed's pose art. It'd ruin any skins/accents they have and people who liked the old versions would riot like the eyeapocalypse while others may complain that it isn't fair that only that breed is getting an update. Not to mention they'd have to redesign all the apparel to fit them again.
Basically, fanart/other site art of them looks really nice. But the poses we got for the male them make them look bad.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20