Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How many gems have you bought(with USD)?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
My mindset is that you either grind in-game or you grind IRL. [emoji=coatl winking size=1] I didn't buy gems for a long time because I didn't have a job or any semblance of disposable income to go towards FR. (Or anything, lol.) However, I was playing FR like a crazy person- no regrets there either, I have many good memories of this time period- and spent a truly ridiculous amount of time and energy making my fortune and achieving my goals. But now I've moved out and somehow become a rather proper adult with a job and relationship and credit score, and I don't have the free time to study petsim economies and work the system like I used to. No lie, I kind of miss it! But hey, I do have a bit of spending money these days, so when I have too many dragon projects and not enough gems, I'll shell out! [emoji=blue gem size=1] So far I've bought 7,650 gems ($70), and will likely buy more in the future as needed.
My mindset is that you either grind in-game or you grind IRL.

I didn't buy gems for a long time because I didn't have a job or any semblance of disposable income to go towards FR. (Or anything, lol.) However, I was playing FR like a crazy person- no regrets there either, I have many good memories of this time period- and spent a truly ridiculous amount of time and energy making my fortune and achieving my goals.

But now I've moved out and somehow become a rather proper adult with a job and relationship and credit score, and I don't have the free time to study petsim economies and work the system like I used to. No lie, I kind of miss it! But hey, I do have a bit of spending money these days, so when I have too many dragon projects and not enough gems, I'll shell out!

So far I've bought 7,650 gems ($70), and will likely buy more in the future as needed.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
Can I just say "Thank you" to those who do buy gems? FR wouldn't be a thing without y'all. I'd love to financially sponsor the site, but I just can't.
Can I just say "Thank you" to those who do buy gems? FR wouldn't be a thing without y'all. I'd love to financially sponsor the site, but I just can't.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="SCB" date="2021-10-20 13:13:17" ] Can I just say "Thank you" to those who do buy gems? FR wouldn't be a thing without y'all. I'd love to financially sponsor the site, but I just can't. [/quote] I second this!
SCB wrote on 2021-10-20 13:13:17:

I second this!
WIP
More than I should have! Unfortunately I don’t keep track…
More than I should have! Unfortunately I don’t keep track…
unknown.png
[quote name="Icystorm" date="2021-10-20 12:42:36" ] My $1000 estimate was off. I went through and checked out my paypal. Excuse me while I go crawl in a hole upon realizing I have spent over $3000 on this site since late 2018. @Spamton Has this reached concerning point? [/quote] not quite by my definition, to me a proper "whale" would be someone who buys the whatever largest currency pack in a game is on a weekly basis with decent regularity. and yes, that is a frighteningly common occurrence in a lot of other online games. by FR standards that amount's probably considered whale territory though because there's just overall less to spend gems on here than your average pay to win or MMO. and it's definitely high by how much i'd consider ever spending on a single game i still have my suspicions for there being some way heavier hitters for gem purchases around though. currency flowed too freely last NOTN for that to not be the case [emoji=magnifying glass size=1]
Icystorm wrote on 2021-10-20 12:42:36:
My $1000 estimate was off. I went through and checked out my paypal. Excuse me while I go crawl in a hole upon realizing I have spent over $3000 on this site since late 2018.

@Spamton
Has this reached concerning point?

not quite by my definition, to me a proper "whale" would be someone who buys the whatever largest currency pack in a game is on a weekly basis with decent regularity. and yes, that is a frighteningly common occurrence in a lot of other online games. by FR standards that amount's probably considered whale territory though because there's just overall less to spend gems on here than your average pay to win or MMO. and it's definitely high by how much i'd consider ever spending on a single game

i still have my suspicions for there being some way heavier hitters for gem purchases around though. currency flowed too freely last NOTN for that to not be the case
rLM2h8D.png
I do not... wanna know...

Easily over $400 over the years. I mean, over 8 years, but...
I do not... wanna know...

Easily over $400 over the years. I mean, over 8 years, but...
[quote name="@FeatherHibiscus" date="2021-10-19 17:41:42" ] [quote name="Panther202" date="2021-10-19 15:59:44" ] Now I feel like I've spent too much.. I've bought the $100 pack easily 5 times at least [/quote] [quote name="KairiDragoness" date="2021-10-19 16:02:16" ] I lost count after $500... which was not all at once, by the way. I can no longer afford to buy gems, so whatever number it actually is will stay that way INDEFINITELY. [/quote] oh 500 gems is reasona- wait 500 [i]dollars.[/i] five. hundred. dollars. [i]FIVE HUNDRED WHAT[/i] I thought people would be absolute MADLADS if they bought $20 worth of gems. BUT FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS? You playin Flight Rising in a mansion or what? Do y'all own flying luxury cars or [i]what?[/i] Played pixel dragon game in your millionaire yacht? /lh /hj (i'm just joking around, five hundred dollars is cool) [/quote] i buy pixel dragons to forget my real life problems including my financial decisions *dab*
@FeatherHibiscus wrote on 2021-10-19 17:41:42:
Panther202 wrote on 2021-10-19 15:59:44:
Now I feel like I've spent too much.. I've bought the $100 pack easily 5 times at least
KairiDragoness wrote on 2021-10-19 16:02:16:
I lost count after $500... which was not all at once, by the way. I can no longer afford to buy gems, so whatever number it actually is will stay that way INDEFINITELY.
oh 500 gems is reasona- wait
500 dollars.
five. hundred. dollars.

FIVE HUNDRED WHAT

I thought people would be absolute MADLADS if they bought $20 worth of gems. BUT FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS? You playin Flight Rising in a mansion or what? Do y'all own flying luxury cars or what? Played pixel dragon game in your millionaire yacht? /lh /hj
(i'm just joking around, five hundred dollars is cool)

i buy pixel dragons to forget my real life problems including my financial decisions *dab*
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
[quote name="@SCB" date="2021-10-20 13:13:17" ] Can I just say "Thank you" to those who do buy gems? FR wouldn't be a thing without y'all. I'd love to financially sponsor the site, but I just can't. [/quote] This made my heart happy, now I feel good about spending so much on gems
@SCB wrote on 2021-10-20 13:13:17:

This made my heart happy, now I feel good about spending so much on gems
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
None; it's easier to just sell hoard items or dragons for gems and costs no real money :D
None; it's easier to just sell hoard items or dragons for gems and costs no real money :D
most people put something meaningful here...
I think I've spent a total of $15 on gems, getting the $5 bundles
I think I've spent a total of $15 on gems, getting the $5 bundles
cutie_452_-_foxie.png qesQFkT.gif
Call me Milky!
They/Them, Fae/Faer | 25 | FR+0

Wishlist

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12