Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hot earth or cold earth?
1 2 3 4 5
I always consider it warm but with chilly days, like Arizona.
I always consider it warm but with chilly days, like Arizona.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
the pillar of the world is supposed to be at the very top of the world, so that would make me think it would be cold, but covered in ice it is not, and there is rainforest right next to it so godmagic zones i guess.

the kind of trees on the map are what i would envision would be in more hot lands
the pillar of the world is supposed to be at the very top of the world, so that would make me think it would be cold, but covered in ice it is not, and there is rainforest right next to it so godmagic zones i guess.

the kind of trees on the map are what i would envision would be in more hot lands
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
[quote name="Cruelty" date="2021-10-14 23:30:55" ] I think it is cold? Kind of like an arid northern desert close to the poles, but not close enough for snow [/quote] Okay, but even hot deserts get snow the Last time I was at the grand canyon (midseptember) it snowed on us. Deserts are hot during the day, but they get very cold very fast at night, because there is nothing to trap the heat. Also there are fluffy big horn ship in the South West, which is pretty much all hot desert during the day. Based of animal life, dragon designs and map, I would say it's a HOT dessert easily getting up into the hundreds during the day, but as soon as the sun sets the temperature begins to drop, and it can go from 90 to snowing in a few hours. Man I love the desert! I miss eastern Oregon. This kind of makes me want to move to Earth.
Cruelty wrote on 2021-10-14 23:30:55:
I think it is cold? Kind of like an arid northern desert close to the poles, but not close enough for snow
Okay, but even hot deserts get snow the Last time I was at the grand canyon (midseptember) it snowed on us. Deserts are hot during the day, but they get very cold very fast at night, because there is nothing to trap the heat. Also there are fluffy big horn ship in the South West, which is pretty much all hot desert during the day.
Based of animal life, dragon designs and map, I would say it's a HOT dessert easily getting up into the hundreds during the day, but as soon as the sun sets the temperature begins to drop, and it can go from 90 to snowing in a few hours.
Man I love the desert! I miss eastern Oregon. This kind of makes me want to move to Earth.
cuNHUbU.png1rAc41Y.gifsmall_Zephyrus.png
Hot, but cold in the mountains.
Hot, but cold in the mountains.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
Ice always thought that the majority of the world is cold, but specific areas like Dragon home and the Viridian Labyrinth (desert, jungle) would be much warmer due to the elemental magic of those regions. The volcano, of course, being the hottest place
Ice always thought that the majority of the world is cold, but specific areas like Dragon home and the Viridian Labyrinth (desert, jungle) would be much warmer due to the elemental magic of those regions. The volcano, of course, being the hottest place
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
It's an area with very little water, and as a result, very little clouds. And no cloud coverage = no protection from the sun during the day, and nothing to trap in the heat of the sun at night. That's why many sand-deserts will have temperatures of 100+F at midday and below freezing temperatures at night! I imagine that's how Earth is too.
It's an area with very little water, and as a result, very little clouds. And no cloud coverage = no protection from the sun during the day, and nothing to trap in the heat of the sun at night. That's why many sand-deserts will have temperatures of 100+F at midday and below freezing temperatures at night! I imagine that's how Earth is too.
Aikka_commission_a_little_brighter.gif FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.png
YMPbu9R.png
Previously a nest host for Active Nest Rentals 2.0!
Tbh in my mind it kinda reads as a lukewarm kinda climate
Tbh in my mind it kinda reads as a lukewarm kinda climate
3p6kP58.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Reddy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/Her - They/Them - He/Him
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif -
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif -

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Rescue
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Pisces Subspecies Forum
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Sales Tab
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-10-15 01:34:30" ] I kind of assumed something of both, like how it can be extremely hot and dry during the day in a desert but then the night is achingly cold because the landscape simply does not retain heat. [/quote] Plus it's next door to the Viridian Labyrinth and that place [i]is[/i] hot.
Recallback wrote on 2021-10-15 01:34:30:
I kind of assumed something of both, like how it can be extremely hot and dry during the day in a desert but then the night is achingly cold because the landscape simply does not retain heat.

Plus it's next door to the Viridian Labyrinth and that place is hot.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Huh, I never thought much about it. I always pictured it relatively lukewarm-chilly in areas of low elevation and much colder in the caves/high elevation.
Huh, I never thought much about it. I always pictured it relatively lukewarm-chilly in areas of low elevation and much colder in the caves/high elevation.
latest?cb=20140703135024.png
⊗ Max
⊗ 23
⊗xe/they
⊗ fr +2

sNd5wqe.png hphjQR4.png
89NiKF4.png COSMOSIS_tiny_sepia_logo.png EDjLhcC.png egg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gifuD7taRL.png
kCHWEjf.png6dnHKBv.png
could be both honestly. I just think that most of all dragonhome is DRY.
could be both honestly. I just think that most of all dragonhome is DRY.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
1 2 3 4 5