Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hot earth or cold earth?
1 2 3 4 5
like the question says, do you think Dragonhome is hot or cold?

on one hand, the Southern Icefield is, well, icy and in the south, so maybe Dragonhome is warm after all. But just looking at the art kind of gives me cold vibes, and the Longneck seem to be fluffy and warm, which--why would evolution create warm goats if it's hot? Maybe it's the elevation, idk.
like the question says, do you think Dragonhome is hot or cold?

on one hand, the Southern Icefield is, well, icy and in the south, so maybe Dragonhome is warm after all. But just looking at the art kind of gives me cold vibes, and the Longneck seem to be fluffy and warm, which--why would evolution create warm goats if it's hot? Maybe it's the elevation, idk.
sell me tundras and ridgies
there's no u in MY color fight me british lads
I think it is cold? Kind of like an arid northern desert close to the poles, but not close enough for snow
I think it is cold? Kind of like an arid northern desert close to the poles, but not close enough for snow
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
Honestly I never through about this. I just kind of processed it as lukewarm. Like, ambient room temperature.
Honestly I never through about this. I just kind of processed it as lukewarm. Like, ambient room temperature.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
I kind of assumed something of both, like how it can be extremely hot and dry during the day in a desert but then the night is achingly cold because the landscape simply does not retain heat.
I kind of assumed something of both, like how it can be extremely hot and dry during the day in a desert but then the night is achingly cold because the landscape simply does not retain heat.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
In my head, I pretend it's sort of like a tundra. That doesn't fit with canon at all, but canon is here to be broken.

In my head, I pretend it's sort of like a tundra. That doesn't fit with canon at all, but canon is here to be broken.

It could vary by elevation. Scorching hot valleys, chilly plateaus.
It could vary by elevation. Scorching hot valleys, chilly plateaus.
Huh, I always thought it was hot. If it’s was warm, maybe the fur of longnecks has specifically evolved to not hold heat, and instead protect their skin from scorching sun? Like how camels do.
Huh, I always thought it was hot. If it’s was warm, maybe the fur of longnecks has specifically evolved to not hold heat, and instead protect their skin from scorching sun? Like how camels do.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
Never really crossed my mind that it might be cold .. I always pictured it extremely hot, maybe similar in climate to Death Valley in California, areas of outback Australia or something .. is how I’ve depicted it in my lore at least
Never really crossed my mind that it might be cold .. I always pictured it extremely hot, maybe similar in climate to Death Valley in California, areas of outback Australia or something .. is how I’ve depicted it in my lore at least
913838e5875d1fe03b54e876ed96d2fa-d4dlfhr.gif f517179564ce3d45f0aa2355e691649f-d2zu3yg.gif qlIJQn5.gif 4e2d90d6b978fd47c7e81bfd0df7754f-d4bw19d.gif 2bf8ca5030d719d32430fa7948b469d3-d4h1cbf.gif
It never struck me as a desert, arid or frozen, let's say that... also, to answer your question... lukewarm.
It never struck me as a desert, arid or frozen, let's say that... also, to answer your question... lukewarm.
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
I wanna say warm…..
I wanna say warm…..
ooSuhor.png
1 2 3 4 5