Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | As a longtime player...
1 2 3 4
Can I say that while the rules are clear, the mods are, for lack of better word, pretty arbitrary when it comes to their own rules, causing confusion?

The color red is not banned, but the 'depiction of suffering' is. Let's go over this. Their definition of suffering felt like it changes from time to time. If we're going the Bloody Bandages apparel route, logically underneath that there should be a scratch or a wound that gives you the blood depicted, severity notwithstanding. Nope, scratches on a dragon? Banned.

I have seen incidents where red paint = banned, citing gore.

Then we have the candy blood, which can either be banned or not depending on what might as well be their mood, and zombies, which is absolutely a nope in the Plaguebringer lore yet still accepted because of how arbitrary as hell their rules could be.

Then there's the fact anyone could argue that fungus hurts even more than having bleeding wounds. Isn't the theme supposed to be survival despite wounds?

The majority is not asking for extreme gore or goopy blood, the majority is asking for the mods to actually be consistent in their judging, to adhere to their own lore, and to actually make a set of rules that is logical.

EDIT: also the fact that the "send it to Contact Us" is asking us to go scream our frustrations to the void at best considering their track record of answering actual concerns.
Can I say that while the rules are clear, the mods are, for lack of better word, pretty arbitrary when it comes to their own rules, causing confusion?

The color red is not banned, but the 'depiction of suffering' is. Let's go over this. Their definition of suffering felt like it changes from time to time. If we're going the Bloody Bandages apparel route, logically underneath that there should be a scratch or a wound that gives you the blood depicted, severity notwithstanding. Nope, scratches on a dragon? Banned.

I have seen incidents where red paint = banned, citing gore.

Then we have the candy blood, which can either be banned or not depending on what might as well be their mood, and zombies, which is absolutely a nope in the Plaguebringer lore yet still accepted because of how arbitrary as hell their rules could be.

Then there's the fact anyone could argue that fungus hurts even more than having bleeding wounds. Isn't the theme supposed to be survival despite wounds?

The majority is not asking for extreme gore or goopy blood, the majority is asking for the mods to actually be consistent in their judging, to adhere to their own lore, and to actually make a set of rules that is logical.

EDIT: also the fact that the "send it to Contact Us" is asking us to go scream our frustrations to the void at best considering their track record of answering actual concerns.
I have always blindly followed behind you and stayed by your side, remember? May we embrace glory together, for back then we could not. Grant the proper end to those locked up here, and to yourself.
In before thread is locked... There is no point in trying to talk about it, they just lock all the threads claiming them as trolling.

So while I totally agree with you, not much to be done about it when we aren't even allowed to calmly discuss it.

Disease is way more suffering than a simple cut.
In before thread is locked... There is no point in trying to talk about it, they just lock all the threads claiming them as trolling.

So while I totally agree with you, not much to be done about it when we aren't even allowed to calmly discuss it.

Disease is way more suffering than a simple cut.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
Them locking it just proves the point of them abusing power via claiming it as 'trolling', which while some of it definitely is, some definitely aren't

Them locking it just proves the point of them abusing power via claiming it as 'trolling', which while some of it definitely is, some definitely aren't

I have always blindly followed behind you and stayed by your side, remember? May we embrace glory together, for back then we could not. Grant the proper end to those locked up here, and to yourself.
[quote name="Viletta" date="2021-10-12 22:31:34" ] Them locking it just proves the point of them abusing power via claiming it as 'trolling', which while some of it definitely is, some definitely aren't [/quote] Also here before it gets locked. Edit: I also, on the other side, feel like a lot of other players ruined it for everyone else by being way too aggressive in their debate, and now we can't have nice things (like free speech on this forum).
Viletta wrote on 2021-10-12 22:31:34:
Also here before it gets locked.

Edit: I also, on the other side, feel like a lot of other players ruined it for everyone else by being way too aggressive in their debate, and now we can't have nice things (like free speech on this forum).
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
said it on discord and said it here, the rules regarding skins and gore/wounds have never been and never will be applied consistantly.
said it on discord and said it here, the rules regarding skins and gore/wounds have never been and never will be applied consistantly.
tumblr_p575ucab9X1wvvm88o3_100.png 1vAtYxM.png
eq6zQ9M.png
jt1VeLt.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
please ping me if you're responding!
[quote name="Viletta" date="2021-10-12 22:23:38" ] Then there's the fact anyone could argue that fungus hurts even more than having bleeding wounds. [/quote] As someone in healthcare/emergency medicine, I can guarantee that this and the green pustules they 'allow' would be far more painful and insight the image of suffering far more than a scratch or blood. Green puss/pustules infer infection which is...yeah not fun. Just ya know...saying it before it gets locked since it's been bothering me since the clarification came out and I haven't caught any thread before it was locked.
Viletta wrote on 2021-10-12 22:23:38:
Then there's the fact anyone could argue that fungus hurts even more than having bleeding wounds.

As someone in healthcare/emergency medicine, I can guarantee that this and the green pustules they 'allow' would be far more painful and insight the image of suffering far more than a scratch or blood. Green puss/pustules infer infection which is...yeah not fun.

Just ya know...saying it before it gets locked since it's been bothering me since the clarification came out and I haven't caught any thread before it was locked.
+3 Hours
He/Him/They/Them/It/Its
Always tired, so I apologize if I take forever to respond
Yeah… I feel like they should really clarify things better instead of silencing or ignoring people who ask. ( Sorry if I sound harsh. )
Yeah… I feel like they should really clarify things better instead of silencing or ignoring people who ask. ( Sorry if I sound harsh. )
sudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gifsudowoodo.gif
SUDOWOODO PARTY
Skins/accents need better clarification full stop. Shadows and lines are so so inconstant between accents, there have been recent ones with incredibly light shadows and ones that still get denied at 200% opacity on them (I'll add examples later provided it doesn't get locked). Using older things on site like skins and apparel doesn't really apply to proving a point but they are really strict with red to the point where it's a joke in certain communities and they censor the word
Skins/accents need better clarification full stop. Shadows and lines are so so inconstant between accents, there have been recent ones with incredibly light shadows and ones that still get denied at 200% opacity on them (I'll add examples later provided it doesn't get locked). Using older things on site like skins and apparel doesn't really apply to proving a point but they are really strict with red to the point where it's a joke in certain communities and they censor the word
0-E43-FD98-45-F3-458-F-BA69-9-D38-E5032961.png
Yes. I feel they should allow anything as bad as official site art... that means things not worse than the bloody bandages shouldn't be banned.

And agreed, it's rather ridiculous that they're allowing something they know is as far from lore-accurate as possible, purely because their own rules are so inconsistent. There's a solution here...
Yes. I feel they should allow anything as bad as official site art... that means things not worse than the bloody bandages shouldn't be banned.

And agreed, it's rather ridiculous that they're allowing something they know is as far from lore-accurate as possible, purely because their own rules are so inconsistent. There's a solution here...
I agree. I mean, we have the bloody bandages, and the scars, and multigaze (which def counts as body horror for me); so I'd say theres plenty of 'depiction of suffering' in site art. And locking every thread that tries to discuss this, even if it's in a calm and polite manner, doesn't really help or fix anything, it just frustrates and angers us players.
I agree. I mean, we have the bloody bandages, and the scars, and multigaze (which def counts as body horror for me); so I'd say theres plenty of 'depiction of suffering' in site art. And locking every thread that tries to discuss this, even if it's in a calm and polite manner, doesn't really help or fix anything, it just frustrates and angers us players.
FR+9 They/Them Flower Adoptables! Lore lair My avatar
JqyUxCg.gif2STS4nL.gif Logo_2.png
1 2 3 4