Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What if dragons here produces waste?
1 2 3
for my lore reasons, they simply do not. where does it go? don't ask me.

please.

please don't ask me.

please.

please don't ask me.
f3wi9c4.png sef | +2 fr time | any pronouns
profile dragon
magic. just make it disappear
magic. just make it disappear
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
[quote name="smorphie" date="2021-09-22 18:35:20" ] for my lore reasons, they simply do not. where does it go? don't ask me. please. please don't ask me. [/quote] Same
smorphie wrote on 2021-09-22 18:35:20:

please.

please don't ask me.
Same
LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png
My lair is a somewhat advanced town that incorporate magic and technology, so i guess they have developed a magical way to reutilize waste or vanish it completely!
My lair is a somewhat advanced town that incorporate magic and technology, so i guess they have developed a magical way to reutilize waste or vanish it completely!
SIG-02.png
... huh. *pulls out an abacus* Well, as of the time of this writing, there are 593,906 accounts on Flight Rising. If we go with the idea that every account has 300 dragons (spoiler: they don't), that's only 178,171,800 dragons. That's... not very many, really. Let's go further. Let's assume they're all Imperials (spoiler: they aren't). The average size of an Imperial dragon is 26 meters. The average size of a human is about 1.5 meters. So let's say that an Imperial dragon is worth 17.333 humans... that's the equivalent of 3,088,311,200 human beings. A little more than a third of the human world population today. That doesn't take into account all the other animals sharing Earth with those humans. We've been told that Sornieth has a radius 1.5 times that of Earth, which makes the surface area of Sornieth over twice that of Earth. Add to that that we're talking about primarily biodegradable waste (which, as several people have pointed out, makes good fertilizer), and the fact that dragons can populate the oceans as well as the land, and I think we're fine. We're not in danger of being buried in poop for a good long while yet. [emoji=tundra happy] (I realize my math is very rough and full of assumptions. I'm not looking for precision here. Just a rough estimate.)
... huh. *pulls out an abacus*

Well, as of the time of this writing, there are 593,906 accounts on Flight Rising. If we go with the idea that every account has 300 dragons (spoiler: they don't), that's only 178,171,800 dragons. That's... not very many, really.

Let's go further. Let's assume they're all Imperials (spoiler: they aren't). The average size of an Imperial dragon is 26 meters. The average size of a human is about 1.5 meters. So let's say that an Imperial dragon is worth 17.333 humans... that's the equivalent of 3,088,311,200 human beings. A little more than a third of the human world population today. That doesn't take into account all the other animals sharing Earth with those humans.

We've been told that Sornieth has a radius 1.5 times that of Earth, which makes the surface area of Sornieth over twice that of Earth. Add to that that we're talking about primarily biodegradable waste (which, as several people have pointed out, makes good fertilizer), and the fact that dragons can populate the oceans as well as the land, and I think we're fine. We're not in danger of being buried in poop for a good long while yet.

(I realize my math is very rough and full of assumptions. I'm not looking for precision here. Just a rough estimate.)
9D8YYS1.png6I5ajst.png
[quote name="@KingVulture" date="2021-09-22 15:21:41" ] I'd assume they probably have fairly regular bathrooms. According to staff, the technology in Sornieth is mostly equivalent to the 1920s, and they certainly had bathrooms then - toilets were first invented in 1596, but became more widespread around 1851. [/quote] Well actually... The Minoans from Crete and the Indus valley civilisation technically had the first flushing toilets some 4000 years ago. Sophisticated sewer systems and rainwater collection. [quote]At Knossos we find the earliest known flushing toilet. The toilet was screened off by partitions and was flushed by rain water or by water held in cisterns from conduits built into the wall.[/quote] Edit: A link if you're interested. https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/who-really-invented-the-flushing-toilet/
@KingVulture wrote on 2021-09-22 15:21:41:
I'd assume they probably have fairly regular bathrooms. According to staff, the technology in Sornieth is mostly equivalent to the 1920s, and they certainly had bathrooms then - toilets were first invented in 1596, but became more widespread around 1851.

Well actually... The Minoans from Crete and the Indus valley civilisation technically had the first flushing toilets some 4000 years ago. Sophisticated sewer systems and rainwater collection.
Quote:
At Knossos we find the earliest known flushing toilet. The toilet was screened off by partitions and was flushed by rain water or by water held in cisterns from conduits built into the wall.

Edit: A link if you're interested.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/who-really-invented-the-flushing-toilet/
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Nice fertiliser for our crops, that would work. However it still depends on the diet. Did you know that some droppings, such as those of dogs, are considered toxic?

In terms of gameplay.....a whole new market for it. Knowing how weird humans are, I'm sure there would be one

Edit: OH YEAH, can confirm the history snippet above. MODERN toilets were developed much later in human history but toilets themselves have existed for thousands of years. If I'm correct, Rome had public toilets where you could sit down with people and chat. I'd prefer not to but hey, interesting facts. Greek and Roman territories also had really cool ancient plumbing, I still need to learn how exactly they worked in terms of physics
Nice fertiliser for our crops, that would work. However it still depends on the diet. Did you know that some droppings, such as those of dogs, are considered toxic?

In terms of gameplay.....a whole new market for it. Knowing how weird humans are, I'm sure there would be one

Edit: OH YEAH, can confirm the history snippet above. MODERN toilets were developed much later in human history but toilets themselves have existed for thousands of years. If I'm correct, Rome had public toilets where you could sit down with people and chat. I'd prefer not to but hey, interesting facts. Greek and Roman territories also had really cool ancient plumbing, I still need to learn how exactly they worked in terms of physics
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="/Kamikire" date="2021-09-22 19:27:26" ] We've been told that Sornieth has a radius 1.5 times that of Earth, which makes the surface area of Sornieth over twice that of Earth. Add to that that we're talking about primarily biodegradable waste (which, as several people have pointed out, makes good fertilizer), and the fact that dragons can populate the oceans as well as the land, and I think we're fine. We're not in danger of being buried in poop for a good long while yet. [emoji=tundra happy] [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3018037/1]I thought we all established that Sornieth was the size of Texas[/url]. /j
/Kamikire wrote on 2021-09-22 19:27:26:

We've been told that Sornieth has a radius 1.5 times that of Earth, which makes the surface area of Sornieth over twice that of Earth. Add to that that we're talking about primarily biodegradable waste (which, as several people have pointed out, makes good fertilizer), and the fact that dragons can populate the oceans as well as the land, and I think we're fine. We're not in danger of being buried in poop for a good long while yet.

I thought we all established that Sornieth was the size of Texas. /j
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
Good morning, everyone! I appreciate everyone's passion for sanitation logistics in this thread. There's no denying proper sanitation and waste management are necessary for a society to be healthy. That being said...a couple posts were removed for being more focused on the body fluid/waste itself than how a society of dragons might possibly handle critical infrastructure. We'll let the thread stay open for now, [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004949203-Obscene-Vulgar]with a reminder on our rules about obscene or vulgar content: [/url][/b] [quote]Gratuitously offensive content and inappropriate references focused on bodily fluids/waste (human, animal, OR dragon) are not allowed.[/quote]
Good morning, everyone! I appreciate everyone's passion for sanitation logistics in this thread. There's no denying proper sanitation and waste management are necessary for a society to be healthy.

That being said...a couple posts were removed for being more focused on the body fluid/waste itself than how a society of dragons might possibly handle critical infrastructure. We'll let the thread stay open for now, with a reminder on our rules about obscene or vulgar content:
Quote:
Gratuitously offensive content and inappropriate references focused on bodily fluids/waste (human, animal, OR dragon) are not allowed.

Yes, BUT...how much food are they even eating? They eat 3x a day and each meal consists of: 1/4 of an [item=acid widow] 1/4 of an [item=aer sprite] 1/3 of an [item=aether hermit] 1/20 of an [item=anomalous frog] This no matter what the size of the dragon. Either food items are WAY bigger than their real-world equivalents, and Faes and Veils are ravenous beasts that eat massive amounts of food; or food is normal-sized, and Guardians and Imps are highly efficient at metabolizing. Either way: equal amounts of food intake equals roughly equal amounts of fewmets, no matter the size of the dragon.
Yes, BUT...how much food are they even eating? They eat 3x a day and each meal consists of:
1/4 of an Acid Widow
1/4 of an Aer Sprite
1/3 of an Aether Hermit
1/20 of an Anomalous Frog

This no matter what the size of the dragon. Either food items are WAY bigger than their real-world equivalents, and Faes and Veils are ravenous beasts that eat massive amounts of food; or food is normal-sized, and Guardians and Imps are highly efficient at metabolizing.

Either way: equal amounts of food intake equals roughly equal amounts of fewmets, no matter the size of the dragon.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
1 2 3