Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gene-sniping inbound!
1 2 3 4
[quote name="@Tenrecidae" date="2021-07-24 11:41:49" ] Sniping for myself? Oh yes. Pew pew. Price gouging? Oh no. Price gougers get the block. They can play the game how they like, they just won't be playing with me. [/quote] Where does the line of gouging go? Imo asking 10kt-50kt fee for genes is fair, depenging how much the MP price is. Makes it worthwhile for the sniper to check the MP every 5min and I get some of the stuff I want faster than my sloooow mobile would allow.
@Tenrecidae wrote on 2021-07-24 11:41:49:
Sniping for myself? Oh yes. Pew pew.

Price gouging? Oh no. Price gougers get the block. They can play the game how they like, they just won't be playing with me.

Where does the line of gouging go?
Imo asking 10kt-50kt fee for genes is fair, depenging how much the MP price is.
Makes it worthwhile for the sniper to check the MP every 5min and I get some of the stuff I want faster than my sloooow mobile would allow.
[quote name="WarMutt" date="2021-07-24 11:16:31" ] nope cause i hate sniping for profit cause like i don't need it but someone else might and i just stole their chance so i can make money [/quote]
WarMutt wrote on 2021-07-24 11:16:31:
nope cause i hate sniping for profit cause like i don't need it but someone else might and i just stole their chance so i can make money
097fe9bb15c36a1f4509e52d9751380acc01514f.gif
[quote name="@Finchtea" date="2021-07-24 17:28:45" ] [quote name="@Tenrecidae" date="2021-07-24 11:41:49" ] Sniping for myself? Oh yes. Pew pew. Price gouging? Oh no. Price gougers get the block. They can play the game how they like, they just won't be playing with me. [/quote] Where does the line of gouging go? Imo asking 10kt-50kt fee for genes is fair, depenging how much the MP price is. Makes it worthwhile for the sniper to check the MP every 5min and I get some of the stuff I want faster than my sloooow mobile would allow. [/quote] A good question, because I actually do appreciate people who list MP stuff on the AH; I understand paying for convenience. I think it's subjective. I generally don't give people the block unless it's super clear what they're doing (100kt+ above MP value, false scarcity being generated).
@Finchtea wrote on 2021-07-24 17:28:45:
@Tenrecidae wrote on 2021-07-24 11:41:49:

Price gouging? Oh no. Price gougers get the block. They can play the game how they like, they just won't be playing with me.

Where does the line of gouging go?
Imo asking 10kt-50kt fee for genes is fair, depenging how much the MP price is.
Makes it worthwhile for the sniper to check the MP every 5min and I get some of the stuff I want faster than my sloooow mobile would allow.

A good question, because I actually do appreciate people who list MP stuff on the AH; I understand paying for convenience. I think it's subjective. I generally don't give people the block unless it's super clear what they're doing (100kt+ above MP value, false scarcity being generated).
g2TOb2t.png yMwAJm4.gifgladekeeper.png
@Tenrecidae

Oh yeah, emptying the MP single handedly and then putting up double/triple prices in AH is not cool.
@Tenrecidae

Oh yeah, emptying the MP single handedly and then putting up double/triple prices in AH is not cool.
[quote name="WarMutt" date="2021-07-24 11:16:31" ] nope cause i hate sniping for profit cause like i don't need it but someone else might and i just stole their chance so i can make money [/quote] I'm just going to be focusing on getting other genes until people stop sniping them, I'm not fast enough to do it anyway and if scalpers really bring the price up on the AH then I don't wanna be the one who pays em.
WarMutt wrote on 2021-07-24 11:16:31:
nope cause i hate sniping for profit cause like i don't need it but someone else might and i just stole their chance so i can make money

I'm just going to be focusing on getting other genes until people stop sniping them, I'm not fast enough to do it anyway and if scalpers really bring the price up on the AH then I don't wanna be the one who pays em.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
new genes look neat but i don't think i'll be needing either anytime soon
new genes look neat but i don't think i'll be needing either anytime soon
haha if I had the money... I just threw like a few k gems outta the window recently and I have nothing left :/
haha if I had the money... I just threw like a few k gems outta the window recently and I have nothing left :/
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
ha imagine having the money to be able to buy more than two copies of a gene ;u;
ha imagine having the money to be able to buy more than two copies of a gene ;u;
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Tenrecidae" date="2021-07-24 11:41:49" ] Sniping for myself? Oh yes. Pew pew. Price gouging? Oh no. Price gougers get the block. They can play the game how they like, they just won't be playing with me. [/quote] My thoughts exactly. There are plenty of ways for me to make money without reselling items for crazy prices. I got a few copies of each for myself, and honestly I'd feel crazy guilty knowing I was making money by taking advantage of other players like that.
Tenrecidae wrote on 2021-07-24 11:41:49:

My thoughts exactly. There are plenty of ways for me to make money without reselling items for crazy prices. I got a few copies of each for myself, and honestly I'd feel crazy guilty knowing I was making money by taking advantage of other players like that.
6ntc1cC.jpg
Yeah nah, not the sniping type. Not exactly above it but i don’t usually see flipping as worth my time or energy

Besides as others have said, i’m gonna wait till the hype dies down. Or until either comes up in a flash sale! It sucks but i’m used to waiting for things to cheapen. I’m glad i got scammed twice for buying preorder/on day because i learned that its much safer to wait and really, ya ain't missing out on much.. unless your trying to run a profitable hatchery.. but uh, good luck with that! XD
Yeah nah, not the sniping type. Not exactly above it but i don’t usually see flipping as worth my time or energy

Besides as others have said, i’m gonna wait till the hype dies down. Or until either comes up in a flash sale! It sucks but i’m used to waiting for things to cheapen. I’m glad i got scammed twice for buying preorder/on day because i learned that its much safer to wait and really, ya ain't missing out on much.. unless your trying to run a profitable hatchery.. but uh, good luck with that! XD
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
1 2 3 4