Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rating Breed Names
1 2
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-06-18 22:49:13" ] Argument- Banescale suits them because of their species backstory, not their modern lore. They were mass killed and thought to have been driven to extinction because of the serious threat they presented to the Southern Icefields Gaolers. They are both such great sources of suffering they were wiped out en masse, AND suffering greatly because of this attempted genocide. Bane suits them. And they sure have scales. 10/10 [/quote] I will concede this. [emoji=banescale tongue size=1] I give em a 9 tho, still not my favorite paired with the other tens lol
Recallback wrote on 2021-06-18 22:49:13:
Argument- Banescale suits them because of their species backstory, not their modern lore. They were mass killed and thought to have been driven to extinction because of the serious threat they presented to the Southern Icefields Gaolers. They are both such great sources of suffering they were wiped out en masse, AND suffering greatly because of this attempted genocide. Bane suits them. And they sure have scales. 10/10
I will concede this. I give em a 9 tho, still not my favorite paired with the other tens lol

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
I'm pretty sure the name Veilspun comes from how "veil" can mean to obscure or hide something, and is used in fantasy works to describe illusions and trickery. Given how the Obelisk were created from stone, it's possible that Veilspun were literally spun from the veil of darkness.

And also the name Fae was taken.
I'm pretty sure the name Veilspun comes from how "veil" can mean to obscure or hide something, and is used in fantasy works to describe illusions and trickery. Given how the Obelisk were created from stone, it's possible that Veilspun were literally spun from the veil of darkness.

And also the name Fae was taken.
BiXaltQ.gif
I approve of this analysis. I will, however, argue for bogsneaks as having the best name because it gives a unique, fun image and is full of pun potential.
I approve of this analysis. I will, however, argue for bogsneaks as having the best name because it gives a unique, fun image and is full of pun potential.
The most beautiful moment of life
Ah yes.. Gaolers.. I never ever undertand HOW that word could be ponounced as Jailers.. For me its like GA(A as in scream AAAAAA)-OH-LERS

Ah yes.. Gaolers.. I never ever undertand HOW that word could be ponounced as Jailers.. For me its like GA(A as in scream AAAAAA)-OH-LERS

Ab4m6.gifMXGSN.gift77iH.gifRVcwM.gife4m9m.gif
The only grievance I have with Obelisks' name is that every time I look at it I read it as "obsidian" for some reason lmao
The only grievance I have with Obelisks' name is that every time I look at it I read it as "obsidian" for some reason lmao
I love seeing interpretations of my dragons!

feel free to take creative liberties :)c
a27P8i2.gif
Oh man, I really wanna know the story behind ridgeback lol
Oh man, I really wanna know the story behind ridgeback lol
1 2