Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the issue with hex and giraffe on obe's
1 2 3
@FeatherHibiscus Oh! Sorry, I think I misunderstood. I saw the mention that the person who posted it was a site artist, so I thought that meant they were posting official art which my brain took to mean they would only post site colors. But I guess it makes sense that they're only showing off the patterns and putting whatever colors they like in there! It is a bit odd that most of the others look like site colors, though, so I think that added to my confusion.

My edited "whyyy" was me being dramatic for comedic effect because the color is quite pretty and I wish it were real/I couldn't find it c':
@FeatherHibiscus Oh! Sorry, I think I misunderstood. I saw the mention that the person who posted it was a site artist, so I thought that meant they were posting official art which my brain took to mean they would only post site colors. But I guess it makes sense that they're only showing off the patterns and putting whatever colors they like in there! It is a bit odd that most of the others look like site colors, though, so I think that added to my confusion.

My edited "whyyy" was me being dramatic for comedic effect because the color is quite pretty and I wish it were real/I couldn't find it c':
image.png . > she/her
> FRT +3
> Dragons for sale
> Voltsy's free dragons
> Half-an-egg
I think I've figured some stuff out. In the unofficial art it looks like the pattern gets vaguely darker in the area it appears on the Obelisks in (the hips). The rest of the body (the lines between hexes on an older dragon) was supposed to look distinct by using another color. For some reason the artists also decided that the patch on the leg should be darkened. When it was fed through the recolor machine, the darker shaded patch showed up, but the rest of the body was erroneously colored [i]the same color as the main patches,[/i] which led to the main patches not being distinct enough to appear on the dragon's body. This is really poorly worded but I hope it makes sense! Here it is in Smoke on an obelisk (look at the main color, not the patch color): [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=91&bodygene=12&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=44234049abbe200e2df7263969c3687cd48e2ee3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] And on a PC (look on the patches): [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=91&bodygene=12&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=2dfa001a21017f9c21c59af49730d83096857a1c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Edit: Turns out you can find the same hex (although the PC has more hex variability) on both dragons, the patches on the PC have hex #949A49 in them, while the main body of the Obe is #949A49.
I think I've figured some stuff out. In the unofficial art it looks like the pattern gets vaguely darker in the area it appears on the Obelisks in (the hips). The rest of the body (the lines between hexes on an older dragon) was supposed to look distinct by using another color. For some reason the artists also decided that the patch on the leg should be darkened. When it was fed through the recolor machine, the darker shaded patch showed up, but the rest of the body was erroneously colored the same color as the main patches, which led to the main patches not being distinct enough to appear on the dragon's body. This is really poorly worded but I hope it makes sense!

Here it is in Smoke on an obelisk (look at the main color, not the patch color):
dragon?age=1&body=91&bodygene=12&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=44234049abbe200e2df7263969c3687cd48e2ee3&dummyext=prev.png

And on a PC (look on the patches):

dragon?age=1&body=91&bodygene=12&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=2dfa001a21017f9c21c59af49730d83096857a1c&dummyext=prev.png

Edit: Turns out you can find the same hex (although the PC has more hex variability) on both dragons, the patches on the PC have hex #949A49 in them, while the main body of the Obe is #949A49.

Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
1 2 3