Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | better view of the statues
1 2 3 4 5
Honestly, I kinda doubt that they're either meant to represent a new breed or that the statues all being Tundra-y has any real significance at all. My guess is just that they're there to represent a large amount of dragon statues :P! Tundras look generically "dragony", and a lot of other FR breeds have similar characteristics in terms of fluff and overall body shape, + all of the statues are the same three poses with minor differences anyway. Copy-pasting three statues and changing the colors up a little and making minor edits to the chest or legs or horns or whatnot is a lot less work than drawing a variety of breed statues and at the low resolution it originally was, not too noticable.
Honestly, I kinda doubt that they're either meant to represent a new breed or that the statues all being Tundra-y has any real significance at all. My guess is just that they're there to represent a large amount of dragon statues :P! Tundras look generically "dragony", and a lot of other FR breeds have similar characteristics in terms of fluff and overall body shape, + all of the statues are the same three poses with minor differences anyway. Copy-pasting three statues and changing the colors up a little and making minor edits to the chest or legs or horns or whatnot is a lot less work than drawing a variety of breed statues and at the low resolution it originally was, not too noticable.
iJZWqi6.png
a3KveD8.png
1fpzX0w.png
Lvsm6NG.png
FObX7rS.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
they really just look like snappers and tundras to me at least ,could very likely be wrong (could be new breed and the difference between males and females , or, just all tundras and the females are the less fluffy ones)
they really just look like snappers and tundras to me at least ,could very likely be wrong (could be new breed and the difference between males and females , or, just all tundras and the females are the less fluffy ones)
[quote name="changing" date="2021-06-15 06:35:39" ] Honestly, I kinda doubt that they're either meant to represent a new breed or that the statues all being Tundra-y has any real significance at all. My guess is just that they're there to represent a large amount of dragon statues :P! Tundras look generically "dragony", and a lot of other FR breeds have similar characteristics in terms of fluff and overall body shape, + all of the statues are the same three poses with minor differences anyway. Copy-pasting three statues and changing the colors up a little and making minor edits to the chest or legs or horns or whatnot is a lot less work than drawing a variety of breed statues and at the low resolution it originally was, not too noticable. [/quote] I was wondering if they're effectively placeholders too until the breed is revealed post-maintenance We could just be expected to not look too closely
changing wrote on 2021-06-15 06:35:39:

I was wondering if they're effectively placeholders too until the breed is revealed post-maintenance

We could just be expected to not look too closely
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
I did notice that in the pic, some of the statues have horns that extend over their brow (far right there’s 2, and far left there’s 1, and 2 kinda middle-wards) and others simply extend from the back of the head.
Might be a male/female dimorphism of a new breed?
Though they seem to resemble tundras, tundras don’t have that horn-brow-ridge.
I did notice that in the pic, some of the statues have horns that extend over their brow (far right there’s 2, and far left there’s 1, and 2 kinda middle-wards) and others simply extend from the back of the head.
Might be a male/female dimorphism of a new breed?
Though they seem to resemble tundras, tundras don’t have that horn-brow-ridge.
[quote name="hanhan" date="2021-06-15 04:41:47" ] [quote name="Desired" date="2021-06-15 04:37:05" ] [quote name="MorganDanwell" date="2021-06-15 04:32:06" ] Ok, but why it all tundras then?? I doubt what all missing dragons was only tundras.. [/quote] it's actually not all tundras! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/718283656434679900/854323078808731678/unknown.png[/img] circled in red, i marked what i could make out to be snappers. circled in blue, what i could make out to be a coatl. circled in green is a breed i can't make out exactly, but it's distinctly not either of those three. to me, it looks somewhere between a skydancer and a wildclaw. [/quote] tbh, they all do still just look like tundras to me. like on the leftermost one circled in red, it still looks like it has that fluffy coating on the leading edge of the wing, and i think if the blue circled one were a coatl we'd see a hint of the buttwings at this angle? but honestly i'm not sure. i feel like if they were all meant to be different breeds there'd be a wider variety (vice being 80% tundras), and that the differences would be easier to parse. [/quote] Came here to say the last comment, but again sombody else did it earlier and more elaborately so thank you :D
hanhan wrote on 2021-06-15 04:41:47:
Desired wrote on 2021-06-15 04:37:05:
MorganDanwell wrote on 2021-06-15 04:32:06:
Ok, but why it all tundras then??
I doubt what all missing dragons was only tundras..

it's actually not all tundras!

unknown.png

circled in red, i marked what i could make out to be snappers. circled in blue, what i could make out to be a coatl. circled in green is a breed i can't make out exactly, but it's distinctly not either of those three. to me, it looks somewhere between a skydancer and a wildclaw.

tbh, they all do still just look like tundras to me. like on the leftermost one circled in red, it still looks like it has that fluffy coating on the leading edge of the wing, and i think if the blue circled one were a coatl we'd see a hint of the buttwings at this angle? but honestly i'm not sure. i feel like if they were all meant to be different breeds there'd be a wider variety (vice being 80% tundras), and that the differences would be easier to parse.

Came here to say the last comment, but again sombody else did it earlier and more elaborately so thank you :D
kAsFRRP.png

DWWDR2Y.png
[quote name="Colourful" date="2021-06-15 06:22:55" ] This is just the EarthShaker leaving his kid at daycare and making some arts and crafts. [/quote] I'm dead.
Colourful wrote on 2021-06-15 06:22:55:
This is just the EarthShaker leaving his kid at daycare and making some arts and crafts.

I'm dead.
Koresh.png

go check them out :] ^
It's Splash and Fetter and the other missing dragons.

They're in the process of being transformed into a new modern breed.
It's Splash and Fetter and the other missing dragons.

They're in the process of being transformed into a new modern breed.
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
I think I generally agree that they're most likely placeholders, and that it's a pretty good chance the "statues" could be the missing dragons from the short story, too.

Still, everyone's theories are fun to read!
I think I generally agree that they're most likely placeholders, and that it's a pretty good chance the "statues" could be the missing dragons from the short story, too.

Still, everyone's theories are fun to read!
I've noticed that the statues also have a resemblance to foo dogs so if it is a new breed it could be inspired by those? That the carvings could be inspired by existing dragon breeds but be made entirely of stone? Now that would be really cool to have!
I've noticed that the statues also have a resemblance to foo dogs so if it is a new breed it could be inspired by those? That the carvings could be inspired by existing dragon breeds but be made entirely of stone? Now that would be really cool to have!
OvPZsWb.png20211221_214204.png
Stone tundras are literally all I ever wanted so I am happy with this 100% final update conclusion :)
Stone tundras are literally all I ever wanted so I am happy with this 100% final update conclusion :)
1 2 3 4 5