Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore] Dragon x Beast, is okay or taboo?
1 2
I have had this lore for over three years. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41063546][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/410636/41063546_350.png[/img][/url]
I have had this lore for over three years.

41063546_350.png
inverness_bonsai_wip_by_auricolor-dae2800.png
As long as all creatures involved are capable of consent and willingly give that consent, I’d say it’s morally ok. It would probably be taboo in some dragon and
non-dragon cultures, though.
As long as all creatures involved are capable of consent and willingly give that consent, I’d say it’s morally ok. It would probably be taboo in some dragon and
non-dragon cultures, though.
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
as long as they are sapient individuals it's fine, of course the whole 'war' thing might make other dragons look at them like a traitor.

or if your lair has non-sapient/more animalistic dragons, i don't see an issue there either. adding another kind of beast to the pack. just end up with some chimera like creatures roaming around.

i kind of wonder if some of the creatures we have around are results of crossbreeding from dragons anyway. especially those things that have batlike wings.
as long as they are sapient individuals it's fine, of course the whole 'war' thing might make other dragons look at them like a traitor.

or if your lair has non-sapient/more animalistic dragons, i don't see an issue there either. adding another kind of beast to the pack. just end up with some chimera like creatures roaming around.

i kind of wonder if some of the creatures we have around are results of crossbreeding from dragons anyway. especially those things that have batlike wings.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
Huh...I never thought about Dragons and Beastclan pairing up...I'm sure its happened at least a few times, love can bloom in the oddest of places.

I have a Nocturne named Tunica who was raised by a Sunspot Clouddancer and doesn't know that she's a dragon, she thinks of herself as a Clouddancer who's just good at "passing" as a Dragon. I imagine she'd have a hard time finding a partner no matter where she looked, her feral behavior unnerving most Dragons, and her obvious draconic features making her seem weird and threataning to Clouddancers. Man, poor Tunica :(
Huh...I never thought about Dragons and Beastclan pairing up...I'm sure its happened at least a few times, love can bloom in the oddest of places.

I have a Nocturne named Tunica who was raised by a Sunspot Clouddancer and doesn't know that she's a dragon, she thinks of herself as a Clouddancer who's just good at "passing" as a Dragon. I imagine she'd have a hard time finding a partner no matter where she looked, her feral behavior unnerving most Dragons, and her obvious draconic features making her seem weird and threataning to Clouddancers. Man, poor Tunica :(
FL_QUD_THEMED_FORUM_SIG_1.png
Thank everyone for your arguments! Of course, assuming a consenting and equal relationship sentient-to-sentient or feral-to-feral (and @LuckOfTheClaws i hadn't heard of the harkness test and i had a laugh googling it out [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]), and keeping it PG-13 if we're going to actually write the lore. I just wanted to know the community views on this matter before i canonize my own couple, but i ended up discovering a lot of similar couples/groups! Makes me glad to see my guys won't be alone <3
Thank everyone for your arguments!

Of course, assuming a consenting and equal relationship sentient-to-sentient or feral-to-feral (and @LuckOfTheClaws i hadn't heard of the harkness test and i had a laugh googling it out ), and keeping it PG-13 if we're going to actually write the lore.
I just wanted to know the community views on this matter before i canonize my own couple, but i ended up discovering a lot of similar couples/groups! Makes me glad to see my guys won't be alone <3
NbSkF1v.gif BiXaltQ.gif

reenvhai.gif [LF] Help me find or breed a Sky/Caribbean/White dragon!!

ReenvhAi | they/them | pan | student artist
I want to make some insta friends and see some good FR art! Follow me on my instagram (same username), i go follow back ^^
ART SHOP! | Clan stories and art | I rent nests! | Also offer dragon hosting and leveling!
@ReenvhAi Some people will screech about power dynamics and colonialism, but afaic you're fine.
@ReenvhAi Some people will screech about power dynamics and colonialism, but afaic you're fine.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Of course it's acceptable. They are sapient and have verbal languages through which they can easily communicate their emotions, interests, personalities, etc. All non-sessile animals are sentient, only some are sapient (like elephants, cetaceans, parrots, corvids, etc, as well as humans; have said this many times) simply because of specific physical traits and social behaviour that convergently evolved. We share the exact same type of intelligence, just with different aspects of it adapted to specific groups.
Between verbal animals (eg. humans) and non-verbal animals (non-human animals), it is hard to communicate that, but members of the same non-verbal species and sometimes different, closely related species, they can very easily communicate consent. They communicate through body language, vocalisations and scent. That happens all the time and relationships outside of human culture are most of the time heavily consensual.

In terms of Dragonkind and Beastclan, there is virtually nothing wrong with it as they can all very easily communicate their feelings, intentions, culture, etc. I have at least one dragon x Beastclan relationship in my lore!
Of course it's acceptable. They are sapient and have verbal languages through which they can easily communicate their emotions, interests, personalities, etc. All non-sessile animals are sentient, only some are sapient (like elephants, cetaceans, parrots, corvids, etc, as well as humans; have said this many times) simply because of specific physical traits and social behaviour that convergently evolved. We share the exact same type of intelligence, just with different aspects of it adapted to specific groups.
Between verbal animals (eg. humans) and non-verbal animals (non-human animals), it is hard to communicate that, but members of the same non-verbal species and sometimes different, closely related species, they can very easily communicate consent. They communicate through body language, vocalisations and scent. That happens all the time and relationships outside of human culture are most of the time heavily consensual.

In terms of Dragonkind and Beastclan, there is virtually nothing wrong with it as they can all very easily communicate their feelings, intentions, culture, etc. I have at least one dragon x Beastclan relationship in my lore!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="LostWhisperer" date="2021-06-10 10:57:06" ][size=1]I don’t know about canon but in my lair there are a couple of these pairs Loch is mates with the maren Aquarius Valequill is mates with Ewing the harpy Clyde and Catria live in a poly group with Arizona and Jasper who are centaurs The others I have in their tab like Karani and Elapidae find the members of the beast clans they live with more attractive than other dragons[/size][/quote] @LostWhisperer I loved reading about your interspecies couples!! I can picture them on their happy relationships [emoji=guardian star size=1] lovely to see that many examples on a single lair! [quote name="Mariwen" date="2021-06-10 11:36:49" ][size=1]I've got one, Ankyra here. Her and the Stonewatch Prince are in a relationship, but she bucks the rules anyway. Ankyra is an enterpreneur, which is the nice way to say thief in this case. They ran away together from a Harpy clan on the Roost and were saved by the lead warrior dragons of the Clan of Amata a while back. Currently Ankyra and her Prince are crew on Inferno, which after the change of power in the clan that definitely does not sponsor them, and the crew have accepted loyalty to Amata and her lead.[/size][/quote] @Mariwen omggggg evil alignments couples are the best coupleeesss :D I love them and hope they keep committing thievery together!!
LostWhisperer wrote on 2021-06-10 10:57:06:
I don’t know about canon but in my lair there are a couple of these pairs

Loch is mates with the maren Aquarius

Valequill is mates with Ewing the harpy

Clyde and Catria live in a poly group with Arizona and Jasper who are centaurs

The others I have in their tab like Karani and Elapidae find the members of the beast clans they live with more attractive than other dragons

@LostWhisperer I loved reading about your interspecies couples!! I can picture them on their happy relationships lovely to see that many examples on a single lair!

Mariwen wrote on 2021-06-10 11:36:49:
I've got one, Ankyra here. Her and the Stonewatch Prince are in a relationship, but she bucks the rules anyway. Ankyra is an enterpreneur, which is the nice way to say thief in this case. They ran away together from a Harpy clan on the Roost and were saved by the lead warrior dragons of the Clan of Amata a while back.

Currently Ankyra and her Prince are crew on Inferno, which after the change of power in the clan that definitely does not sponsor them, and the crew have accepted loyalty to Amata and her lead.

@Mariwen omggggg evil alignments couples are the best coupleeesss :D I love them and hope they keep committing thievery together!!
NbSkF1v.gif BiXaltQ.gif

I want to make some insta friends and see some good FR art! Follow me on my instagram (same username), i go follow back ^^
ART SHOP! | Clan stories and art | I rent nests! | Also offer dragon hosting and leveling!
[quote name="TheGildedRaven" date="2021-06-10 11:39:04" ][size=1]I only have one dragon in this case and that is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60230146]Jones[/url] sprites posses a certain humanoid appearance thus making them believed to be sapient.[/size][/quote] @TheGildedRaven u got me crying with their poetry ngl my headcanon about their love grew so deep on just two minutes lol. Thank you for presenting me this [i]poem[/i] today <3 [quote name="Inverness" date="2021-06-10 11:41:20" ][size=1]I have had this lore for over three years. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41063546][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/410636/41063546.png[/img][/url][/size][/quote] @Inverness holy s- h- -HOLY SHICKKKK HOW SHE SO BEAUTIFUL???¿¿!!¡??!¡1 beautiful piece of writing and creative lore!! And also awesome work on creating and customizing that derg!! [emoji=coatl love size=1]
TheGildedRaven wrote on 2021-06-10 11:39:04:
I only have one dragon in this case and that is Jones

sprites posses a certain humanoid appearance thus making them believed to be sapient.

@TheGildedRaven u got me crying with their poetry ngl
my headcanon about their love grew so deep on just two minutes lol. Thank you for presenting me this poem today <3

Inverness wrote on 2021-06-10 11:41:20:
I have had this lore for over three years.

41063546.png

@Inverness holy s- h- -HOLY SHICKKKK
HOW SHE SO BEAUTIFUL???¿¿!!¡??!¡1
beautiful piece of writing and creative lore!! And also awesome work on creating and customizing that derg!!
NbSkF1v.gif BiXaltQ.gif

I have two dragons who are in a relationship with their respective harpie familiars, since well, harpies are pretty intelligent species who I felt were one of the beastclan closer to the same level as dragons.

Neither the harpies flock nor dragons outside of the clan they're in approve of it, since they're supposedly enemies. But love conquers even that! Or well, at least in my lore haha.

But generally? canon-lore wise it's probably a taboo or at least frowned upon thing if it's including familiars of the enemy side.
I have two dragons who are in a relationship with their respective harpie familiars, since well, harpies are pretty intelligent species who I felt were one of the beastclan closer to the same level as dragons.

Neither the harpies flock nor dragons outside of the clan they're in approve of it, since they're supposedly enemies. But love conquers even that! Or well, at least in my lore haha.

But generally? canon-lore wise it's probably a taboo or at least frowned upon thing if it's including familiars of the enemy side.
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
1 2