Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore] Dragon x Beast, is okay or taboo?
1 2
Okay so i was thinking, beastclans can be familiars to dragons (in-lore they are friends but the game function implies they are considered as lesser than dragons... or maybe not and it was just the easiest way to code the game?).

Anyways... imagine a dragon-and-beast romantic relationship. Acceptable or taboo? Does it depends on species and cultures? Which ones?
I'm a greenhorn to the game's canon lore, if there's any data on this issue, please refer me there xD
What do you think? Enlight me with discussion!
Okay so i was thinking, beastclans can be familiars to dragons (in-lore they are friends but the game function implies they are considered as lesser than dragons... or maybe not and it was just the easiest way to code the game?).

Anyways... imagine a dragon-and-beast romantic relationship. Acceptable or taboo? Does it depends on species and cultures? Which ones?
I'm a greenhorn to the game's canon lore, if there's any data on this issue, please refer me there xD
What do you think? Enlight me with discussion!
NbSkF1v.gif BiXaltQ.gif

reenvhai.gif [LF] Help me find or breed a Sky/Caribbean/White dragon!!

ReenvhAi | they/them | pan | student artist
I want to make some insta friends and see some good FR art! Follow me on my instagram (same username), i go follow back ^^
ART SHOP! | Clan stories and art | I rent nests! | Also offer dragon hosting and leveling!
I say go for it, as long as they're both consenting adults.
I say go for it, as long as they're both consenting adults.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
If it's a sentient and intelligent species I think it's acceptable, but familiars that can't communicate or have true sentience it would be unacceptable.
If it's a sentient and intelligent species I think it's acceptable, but familiars that can't communicate or have true sentience it would be unacceptable.
VfGAPqc.png
I9hbwAP.png
well canon wise not all familiars/coli monsters are Beast Clan aligned. Some of them just seem to be animals! The encyclopedia section (under the Library in the side menu) has info on the beast clans and what species are/aren't part of it. From what I remember, Maren, longnecks, centaurs, raptorik/talonik, and serthis are beast clans. These likely would be more taboo to be in a relationship than another familiar type creature, as they're seen an enemies to the dragons and fight to drive dragons out (dragons funnily enough invaded their home though so it's sort of justified imo) That being said, there are some who align themselves/make peace with dragons, which is seen in this familiar's description [item=dunhoof ambassador] Plus nothing says you can't diverge from canon to say they made peace or this is an exception. Maybe in your lore this is something completely normal! My personal lore would say it's sort seen as strange but not said to be outright taboo. Of course, I don't really include these sort of relationships in my lore either aside from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57412061]one dragon[/url]. But that's mainly due to the fact she was raised by infestation hounds and is about their size (by my hc) when fully grown so she sees herself like them and hasn't really interacted with other dragons. So naturally, she took one as a mate despite any dragons they come across having a disapproving attitude about it.
well canon wise not all familiars/coli monsters are Beast Clan aligned. Some of them just seem to be animals!

The encyclopedia section (under the Library in the side menu) has info on the beast clans and what species are/aren't part of it.

From what I remember, Maren, longnecks, centaurs, raptorik/talonik, and serthis are beast clans.

These likely would be more taboo to be in a relationship than another familiar type creature, as they're seen an enemies to the dragons and fight to drive dragons out (dragons funnily enough invaded their home though so it's sort of justified imo)

That being said, there are some who align themselves/make peace with dragons, which is seen in this familiar's description Dunhoof Ambassador

Plus nothing says you can't diverge from canon to say they made peace or this is an exception. Maybe in your lore this is something completely normal!

My personal lore would say it's sort seen as strange but not said to be outright taboo. Of course, I don't really include these sort of relationships in my lore either aside from one dragon.
But that's mainly due to the fact she was raised by infestation hounds and is about their size (by my hc) when fully grown so she sees herself like them and hasn't really interacted with other dragons. So naturally, she took one as a mate despite any dragons they come across having a disapproving attitude about it.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
I don’t know about canon but in my lair there are a couple of these pairs

Loch is mates with the maren Aquarius

Valequill is mates with Ewing the harpy

Clyde and Catria live in a poly group with Arizona and Jasper who are centaurs

The others I have in their tab like Karani and Elapidae find the members of the beast clans they live with more attractive than other dragons
I don’t know about canon but in my lair there are a couple of these pairs

Loch is mates with the maren Aquarius

Valequill is mates with Ewing the harpy

Clyde and Catria live in a poly group with Arizona and Jasper who are centaurs

The others I have in their tab like Karani and Elapidae find the members of the beast clans they live with more attractive than other dragons
Currently looking for: Sable/Blush G1s
Girlfriend of Azurodin,
[quote name="ItsArashi" date="2021-06-10 10:46:49" ] If it's a sentient and intelligent species I think it's acceptable, but familiars that can't communicate or have true sentience it would be unacceptable. [/quote]
ItsArashi wrote on 2021-06-10 10:46:49:

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
@ItsArashi

Absolutely agree with this on principle, but it leads me to another question... aren’t all familiars sentient? If we look at the stages of bonding, it ends with awakening. In most fantasy settings, this is the term for giving a creature sentience.

Awakening itself means to wake from sleep. In terms of familiars, I can see a dog, for instance, thinking of its unenlightened state as sleep, as it had no concept of self.

Just food for thought <3 Makes me think of fantasy books I read as a kid where a mouse fell in love with a princess or the like. Now I’m thinking of silly/bittersweet scenarios where a dragon and an encouraging quill, for instance, fall in love, writing one another sappy poetry while sipping tea before sunset.
@ItsArashi

Absolutely agree with this on principle, but it leads me to another question... aren’t all familiars sentient? If we look at the stages of bonding, it ends with awakening. In most fantasy settings, this is the term for giving a creature sentience.

Awakening itself means to wake from sleep. In terms of familiars, I can see a dog, for instance, thinking of its unenlightened state as sleep, as it had no concept of self.

Just food for thought <3 Makes me think of fantasy books I read as a kid where a mouse fell in love with a princess or the like. Now I’m thinking of silly/bittersweet scenarios where a dragon and an encouraging quill, for instance, fall in love, writing one another sappy poetry while sipping tea before sunset.

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
As long as it’s a beastclan (who are of equal intelligence and sapience to dragons) and not a regular familiar they pass the harkness test.
As long as it’s a beastclan (who are of equal intelligence and sapience to dragons) and not a regular familiar they pass the harkness test.
66.png
I've got one, Ankyra here. Her and the Stonewatch Prince are in a relationship, but she bucks the rules anyway. Ankyra is an enterpreneur, which is the nice way to say thief in this case. They ran away together from a Harpy clan on the Roost and were saved by the lead warrior dragons of the Clan of Amata a while back.

Currently Ankyra and her Prince are crew on Inferno, which after the change of power in the clan that definitely does not sponsor them, and the crew have accepted loyalty to Amata and her lead.
I've got one, Ankyra here. Her and the Stonewatch Prince are in a relationship, but she bucks the rules anyway. Ankyra is an enterpreneur, which is the nice way to say thief in this case. They ran away together from a Harpy clan on the Roost and were saved by the lead warrior dragons of the Clan of Amata a while back.

Currently Ankyra and her Prince are crew on Inferno, which after the change of power in the clan that definitely does not sponsor them, and the crew have accepted loyalty to Amata and her lead.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
[quote name="LuckOfTheClaws" date="2021-06-10 11:20:26" ] As long as it’s a beastclan (who are of equal intelligence and sapience to dragons) and not a regular familiar they pass the harkness test. [/quote] I only have one dragon in this case and that is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60230146]Jones[/url] sprites posses a certain humanoid appearance thus making them believed to be sapient.
LuckOfTheClaws wrote on 2021-06-10 11:20:26:

I only have one dragon in this case and that is Jones

sprites posses a certain humanoid appearance thus making them believed to be sapient.
rSJg2ds.jpgezykfzF.jpg
1 2