Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | am I the only one disappointed in this?
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30 31
I'm just fine with this, a bit relieved too, that they didn't just drop everything on us at once since I'm sick atm.

I'm not the kind of person to get hyped, so not getting instant reveals leaves me equally neutral. *shrug*

I'm just fine with this, a bit relieved too, that they didn't just drop everything on us at once since I'm sick atm.

I'm not the kind of person to get hyped, so not getting instant reveals leaves me equally neutral. *shrug*

I see this event as a "we who have no life and can sit & grind all day do so, so that people who don't have that much time to mass grind can get neat rewards too" because that's basically what this is.
As long as you input items for each round (which should be fairly easy given how even just gathering gets you materials) you qualify for a prize, which is great imo!

I don't like to wait and sure it annoys me a little we don't get to see the rewards we're working for, but the thought of being able to help others who either can't nor want to spend as much time/effort into it makes me happy so I quite enjoy this event, I like to feel like we can all be part of something together :)
I see this event as a "we who have no life and can sit & grind all day do so, so that people who don't have that much time to mass grind can get neat rewards too" because that's basically what this is.
As long as you input items for each round (which should be fairly easy given how even just gathering gets you materials) you qualify for a prize, which is great imo!

I don't like to wait and sure it annoys me a little we don't get to see the rewards we're working for, but the thought of being able to help others who either can't nor want to spend as much time/effort into it makes me happy so I quite enjoy this event, I like to feel like we can all be part of something together :)
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-06-08 14:26:37" ] They said in another thread that even if a milestone is reached, you can still add items to it, and they will keep that milestone open so as many time zones as possible can participate. Which, honestly is usually an issue in events like these, because the time zones with the most people playing are also usually the time zones that are awake at the time the events drop (usually America), and so those players zip through the events, leaving players in other time zones out. [/quote] ohh i completly missed that! that's dope, then i have no remaining complaints lol !!
Jemadar wrote on 2021-06-08 14:26:37:
They said in another thread that even if a milestone is reached, you can still add items to it, and they will keep that milestone open so as many time zones as possible can participate. Which, honestly is usually an issue in events like these, because the time zones with the most people playing are also usually the time zones that are awake at the time the events drop (usually America), and so those players zip through the events, leaving players in other time zones out.

ohh i completly missed that! that's dope, then i have no remaining complaints lol !!
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

[quote name="@Fantelle" date="2021-06-08 14:29:20" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-06-08 14:26:37" ] They said in another thread that even if a milestone is reached, you can still add items to it, and they will keep that milestone open so as many time zones as possible can participate. Which, honestly is usually an issue in events like these, because the time zones with the most people playing are also usually the time zones that are awake at the time the events drop (usually America), and so those players zip through the events, leaving players in other time zones out. [/quote] ohh i completly missed that! that's dope, then i have no remaining complaints lol !! [/quote] This [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3017558/3#post_47841389]post[/url] [quote]Items can still be contributed after the milestone has been met. We will be controlling when the milestone closes so that more than a handful of time zones get to participate. We did not want anyone to be blocked from participating. [/quote]
@Fantelle wrote on 2021-06-08 14:29:20:
Jemadar wrote on 2021-06-08 14:26:37:
They said in another thread that even if a milestone is reached, you can still add items to it, and they will keep that milestone open so as many time zones as possible can participate. Which, honestly is usually an issue in events like these, because the time zones with the most people playing are also usually the time zones that are awake at the time the events drop (usually America), and so those players zip through the events, leaving players in other time zones out.

ohh i completly missed that! that's dope, then i have no remaining complaints lol !!
This post
Quote:
Items can still be contributed after the milestone has been met. We will be controlling when the milestone closes so that more than a handful of time zones get to participate. We did not want anyone to be blocked from participating.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@ZipZapZoom

Ah, I like reading too so I get wanting more concrete/extensive lore. But I also feel that's not really the focus on a site like this? In most petsites I've played the emphasis has always been on the pets and gameplay itself. The plot is a background thing that's a small bonus that happens in events once in a while. The fact that there might be something pushing the plot forward/changing anything is more than some games will give.
@ZipZapZoom

Ah, I like reading too so I get wanting more concrete/extensive lore. But I also feel that's not really the focus on a site like this? In most petsites I've played the emphasis has always been on the pets and gameplay itself. The plot is a background thing that's a small bonus that happens in events once in a while. The fact that there might be something pushing the plot forward/changing anything is more than some games will give.
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
am I the kind of person that
opens up a cake box on my birthday
and find a note that says
"You're going to be getting an extra-special cake some time in the next week!"
and gets disappointed?

Yes. Yes, I am exactly that kind of person.

(Respect for everyone for whom the intended building-extra-anticipation-approach works.)
am I the kind of person that
opens up a cake box on my birthday
and find a note that says
"You're going to be getting an extra-special cake some time in the next week!"
and gets disappointed?

Yes. Yes, I am exactly that kind of person.

(Respect for everyone for whom the intended building-extra-anticipation-approach works.)
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
personally I do really like this event, the lore aspect is fun and since this is essentially a test run, I don't mind the lack of transparency in rewards. it's an exciting learning experience! but I do mind the static reward per tier, because its such a massive bar we have to fill that the people who are contributing more than the standard One Item should get...something else? im not even saying, something extra special. just maybe some extra food, a little bit of treasure, something like that. bc everyone is benefitting from my contribution if it's big, I think an extra something is nice! They don't even have to make the reward per milestone very high; something over one though, would be nice.

this part may be nulll and void, but what I AM concerned about is the limitation of the rewards; if they ARE special, unique, irreplaceable, whatever, and everyone only gets one, that's...limiting to the economy. "just one" hardly works with anything on site besides vistas! if the concern is people missing out on the chance to get items, giving more exclusive rewards to people who grind is actually beneficial in the long run. it means that there isnt just one exclusive per account, and therefore supply increases for future stores. if people did miss this event/join later, the rewards will very much be possible to obtain from other players, but if its one per account, no such luck. again, I dont know how the rewards will work, so...maybe this isnt a concern at all. but its worth considering for the verdict.

however, I do also appreciate it as a way to simply give players an extra incentive to remember to do daily tasks, and build a stronger FR routine. I dont have a verdict on the event yet; its exciting, but I'll have to give it the ol' wait-and-see.
personally I do really like this event, the lore aspect is fun and since this is essentially a test run, I don't mind the lack of transparency in rewards. it's an exciting learning experience! but I do mind the static reward per tier, because its such a massive bar we have to fill that the people who are contributing more than the standard One Item should get...something else? im not even saying, something extra special. just maybe some extra food, a little bit of treasure, something like that. bc everyone is benefitting from my contribution if it's big, I think an extra something is nice! They don't even have to make the reward per milestone very high; something over one though, would be nice.

this part may be nulll and void, but what I AM concerned about is the limitation of the rewards; if they ARE special, unique, irreplaceable, whatever, and everyone only gets one, that's...limiting to the economy. "just one" hardly works with anything on site besides vistas! if the concern is people missing out on the chance to get items, giving more exclusive rewards to people who grind is actually beneficial in the long run. it means that there isnt just one exclusive per account, and therefore supply increases for future stores. if people did miss this event/join later, the rewards will very much be possible to obtain from other players, but if its one per account, no such luck. again, I dont know how the rewards will work, so...maybe this isnt a concern at all. but its worth considering for the verdict.

however, I do also appreciate it as a way to simply give players an extra incentive to remember to do daily tasks, and build a stronger FR routine. I dont have a verdict on the event yet; its exciting, but I'll have to give it the ol' wait-and-see.
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
[quote name="Falinks" date="2021-06-08 12:36:38" ] I'm happy for Earth, don't get me wrong, but would it have killed devs to maybe even just stick in a Plague NPC or... something? Because I was sick of this far too long ago, when devs promised to sort things out. Nothing has changed. At this point, I don't think anything will ever change. This just feels like the final nail in the coffin, because it's very clear that they aren't even thinking of us. And I can't even leave for another half-year because I'll miss out on the milestone stuff. [/quote] What are you even going on about.
Falinks wrote on 2021-06-08 12:36:38:
I'm happy for Earth, don't get me wrong, but would it have killed devs to maybe even just stick in a Plague NPC or... something? Because I was sick of this far too long ago, when devs promised to sort things out. Nothing has changed. At this point, I don't think anything will ever change. This just feels like the final nail in the coffin, because it's very clear that they aren't even thinking of us. And I can't even leave for another half-year because I'll miss out on the milestone stuff.

What are you even going on about.
WM9x0r4.pngpansexual2.png Sapphic.pngTdWf5vx.png
Also I don’t see how anyone can be disappointed until after the event is over and we find out what the rewards are. Maybe you’ll realize it was worth it. Maybe you won’t. But complaining about it before even knowing the outcome is lame imo.
Also I don’t see how anyone can be disappointed until after the event is over and we find out what the rewards are. Maybe you’ll realize it was worth it. Maybe you won’t. But complaining about it before even knowing the outcome is lame imo.
WM9x0r4.pngpansexual2.png Sapphic.pngTdWf5vx.png
@ZipZapZoom

True! I guess I'm more of the optimistic type. An event like this means they might have more like this down the line, which means more potential story things we can participate in.

Though I wouldn't mind more lore stories too, I loved the little videos they have in the encyclopedia. More interactions with the deities wouldn't go amiss either, I miss when they would post in the forums.
@ZipZapZoom

True! I guess I'm more of the optimistic type. An event like this means they might have more like this down the line, which means more potential story things we can participate in.

Though I wouldn't mind more lore stories too, I loved the little videos they have in the encyclopedia. More interactions with the deities wouldn't go amiss either, I miss when they would post in the forums.
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30 31