Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i wish the username wasn't taken
1 2 3
[quote name="Hag" date="2021-06-07 00:45:33" ] I do kind of wish that FR had a purging system like Subeta/Neopets. :( Obviously it would suck to have your username purged if you were on hatius, but there are so many empty accounts that are just sitting there without even projens or a flight... sadly my name is also taken unu [/quote] n o I've gone on long hiatuses before, if this place had a purging system I would have been gone *years* ago!
Hag wrote on 2021-06-07 00:45:33:
I do kind of wish that FR had a purging system like Subeta/Neopets. :( Obviously it would suck to have your username purged if you were on hatius, but there are so many empty accounts that are just sitting there without even projens or a flight...

sadly my name is also taken unu

n o

I've gone on long hiatuses before, if this place had a purging system I would have been gone *years* ago!
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
[quote name="Sinornis" date="2021-06-07 03:38:30" ] [quote name="Hag" date="2021-06-07 00:45:33" ] I do kind of wish that FR had a purging system like Subeta/Neopets. :( Obviously it would suck to have your username purged if you were on hatius, but there are so many empty accounts that are just sitting there without even projens or a flight... sadly my name is also taken unu [/quote] n o I've gone on long hiatuses before, if this place had a purging system I would have been gone *years* ago! [/quote] Yeah it'd get crazy with all the restricted KS/early fest items that would get erased. Imagine the price of Light sprites today if the only users who got to keep the ones they bought were the ones who never went on hiatus even once over the years. The community would cry in agony for every erased accound with a gen 1 imp.. Edit: Well, then again I also wouldn't mind much if the truly unused accounts were purged. The ones that never verified their e-mails and made their progens. But people who did play and then left for whatever reason, nah, no purging.
Sinornis wrote on 2021-06-07 03:38:30:
I do kind of wish that FR had a purging system like Subeta/Neopets. :( Obviously it would suck to have your username purged if you were on hatius, but there are so many empty accounts that are just sitting there without even projens or a flight...

n o

I've gone on long hiatuses before, if this place had a purging system I would have been gone *years* ago!
Yeah it'd get crazy with all the restricted KS/early fest items that would get erased. Imagine the price of Light sprites today if the only users who got to keep the ones they bought were the ones who never went on hiatus even once over the years.

The community would cry in agony for every erased accound with a gen 1 imp..

Edit: Well, then again I also wouldn't mind much if the truly unused accounts were purged. The ones that never verified their e-mails and made their progens. But people who did play and then left for whatever reason, nah, no purging.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
[quote name="Sinornis" date="2021-06-07 03:38:30" ] [quote name="Hag" date="2021-06-07 00:45:33" ] I do kind of wish that FR had a purging system like Subeta/Neopets. :( Obviously it would suck to have your username purged if you were on hatius, but there are so many empty accounts that are just sitting there without even projens or a flight... sadly my name is also taken unu [/quote] n o I've gone on long hiatuses before, if this place had a purging system I would have been gone *years* ago! [/quote] Yep! I hate purging systems in ANY game. I'm so glad purging systems fell off around 2013-2015ish. Sometimes life happens, and interests shift! I don't ever want to feel obligated to play out of a fear that my progress would get purged otherwise. On the note of taken usernames, oh how I wish I could get Cat (which is why I settled for kyat. Which, at the time, I had no idea was a currency but, it is what it is [img]https://i.ibb.co/Qkdh6Vf/joystroke.png[/img])

n o

Yep! I hate purging systems in ANY game. I'm so glad purging systems fell off around 2013-2015ish. Sometimes life happens, and interests shift! I don't ever want to feel obligated to play out of a fear that my progress would get purged otherwise.

On the note of taken usernames, oh how I wish I could get Cat (which is why I settled for kyat. Which, at the time, I had no idea was a currency but, it is what it is joystroke.png)
fr-sig.png
MY USERNAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE STORMCATCHERONVACATION BUT IT WAS TOO LONG TWT

((YES MY KEYBOARD IS STUCK ON ALL CAPS.))
MY USERNAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE STORMCATCHERONVACATION BUT IT WAS TOO LONG TWT

((YES MY KEYBOARD IS STUCK ON ALL CAPS.))
AND-GOD-SAID.png
[quote name="Hag" date="2021-06-07 00:45:33" ] I do kind of wish that FR had a purging system like Subeta/Neopets. :( Obviously it would suck to have your username purged if you were on hatius, but there are so many empty accounts that are just sitting there without even projens or a flight... sadly my name is also taken unu [/quote] Tbh I’d be fine if usernames were ‘freed’ after a period of a year or two, there’s a name I’d like to have but it’s used and the lair is inactive. I’m fine with I have currently though!

Tbh I’d be fine if usernames were ‘freed’ after a period of a year or two, there’s a name I’d like to have but it’s used and the lair is inactive. I’m fine with I have currently though!

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
[quote name="@Kweh" date="2021-06-07 02:41:33" ] I remember being surprised when this name wasn't taken on here ha [/quote] Love the sig. I was surprised Ferengi wasn't taken, when I was going through some names for the list of unused names. I do agree that there should be a purge of accounts that never complete setup. I helped someone set up their account and they typed their email in wrong and so it never sent a confirmation email. Ofcourse, being an impatient person, they made a new account, rather than contacting someone. *facepalm* So there's an account out there now that is taking up a name, but there's absolutely nothing on it. I am sure there are more like that. (Two accounts now, because they literally never play. They didn't like the game -_- *shakes cane at cloud* Young people and their need for flashiness!) Once someone has progens you cannot purge, because those dragons are tied to that account, and that seems a fair line to draw. But those that never even pick a flight or make progens... seems unnecessary to keep those.
@Kweh wrote on 2021-06-07 02:41:33:
I remember being surprised when this name wasn't taken on here ha
Love the sig. I was surprised Ferengi wasn't taken, when I was going through some names for the list of unused names.

I do agree that there should be a purge of accounts that never complete setup. I helped someone set up their account and they typed their email in wrong and so it never sent a confirmation email. Ofcourse, being an impatient person, they made a new account, rather than contacting someone. *facepalm* So there's an account out there now that is taking up a name, but there's absolutely nothing on it. I am sure there are more like that. (Two accounts now, because they literally never play. They didn't like the game -_- *shakes cane at cloud* Young people and their need for flashiness!) Once someone has progens you cannot purge, because those dragons are tied to that account, and that seems a fair line to draw. But those that never even pick a flight or make progens... seems unnecessary to keep those.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="@Mutation" date="2021-06-06 07:05:45" ] I think there is a thread documenting neat unused names, you could peek through that for inspiration [emoji=wildclaw happy size=1] [/quote] please direct me to it
@Mutation wrote on 2021-06-06 07:05:45:
I think there is a thread documenting neat unused names, you could peek through that for inspiration

please direct me to it

blue | +2 FRT
casual love

raffle
pm me to be friends!
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
16471.png
[quote name="Metalhead" date="2021-06-07 03:46:53" ] [quote name="Sinornis" date="2021-06-07 03:38:30" ] [quote name="Hag" date="2021-06-07 00:45:33" ] I do kind of wish that FR had a purging system like Subeta/Neopets. :( Obviously it would suck to have your username purged if you were on hatius, but there are so many empty accounts that are just sitting there without even projens or a flight... sadly my name is also taken unu [/quote] n o I've gone on long hiatuses before, if this place had a purging system I would have been gone *years* ago! [/quote] Yeah it'd get crazy with all the restricted KS/early fest items that would get erased. Imagine the price of Light sprites today if the only users who got to keep the ones they bought were the ones who never went on hiatus even once over the years. The community would cry in agony for every erased accound with a gen 1 imp.. Edit: Well, then again I also wouldn't mind much if the truly unused accounts were purged. The ones that never verified their e-mails and made their progens. But people who did play and then left for whatever reason, nah, no purging. [/quote] Oh sorry I was specifically hoping that accounts that were never used to begin with could be purged, since like I said, it would suck to lose your username if you went on hiatus. Subeta also doesn't like.... delete your account or anything. They just free up usernames (pet names too but they recently made those non unique) on banned/very inactive account.
Metalhead wrote on 2021-06-07 03:46:53:

n o

Yeah it'd get crazy with all the restricted KS/early fest items that would get erased. Imagine the price of Light sprites today if the only users who got to keep the ones they bought were the ones who never went on hiatus even once over the years.

The community would cry in agony for every erased accound with a gen 1 imp..

Edit: Well, then again I also wouldn't mind much if the truly unused accounts were purged. The ones that never verified their e-mails and made their progens. But people who did play and then left for whatever reason, nah, no purging.
Oh sorry I was specifically hoping that accounts that were never used to begin with could be purged, since like I said, it would suck to lose your username if you went on hiatus.

Subeta also doesn't like.... delete your account or anything. They just free up usernames (pet names too but they recently made those non unique) on banned/very inactive account.
42978694_MHOUAk0oybKLsTZ.png
@ethics Found it! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2918343#post_2918343 (although I happen to really like your UN hahaha)
@ethics Found it! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2918343#post_2918343 (although I happen to really like your UN hahaha)
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
kinda surprised above wasn't taken -
its a neat username
kinda surprised above wasn't taken -
its a neat username
ezgif-4-ca3f291802.gif xxxx xxxxxxxxxFROG !
it ) star . . .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx boygirl_button.png
pan_gay_button.png
Tl1dGxE.png
AaYNmEX.png
5srIc0i.png
Pgv53XB.png
1 2 3