Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is there anything you regret in FR?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Hmm.

Well there is one unnamed dragon on my progens' offspring lists. Its right at the top and also was exalted by me. The people who bought the 3kt hatchlings that I dumbly listed on ah were all kind enough to name them.

Also breeding my progens with each other at all. They are not a couple in lore and its weird to see that they had offspring with each other.

Also actually bothering to get excited about primals and ever buy any :l

Hmm.

Well there is one unnamed dragon on my progens' offspring lists. Its right at the top and also was exalted by me. The people who bought the 3kt hatchlings that I dumbly listed on ah were all kind enough to name them.

Also breeding my progens with each other at all. They are not a couple in lore and its weird to see that they had offspring with each other.

Also actually bothering to get excited about primals and ever buy any :l

I will put something here eventually.
I think the most common one is breeding progens, and like many I definitely wish I hadn't. I also wish I'd picked different colors, as my tastes have changed quite a bit since I first started playing.
I think the most common one is breeding progens, and like many I definitely wish I hadn't. I also wish I'd picked different colors, as my tastes have changed quite a bit since I first started playing.
One of the first dragons I hatched was xxy crimson/white. I didn't like the look because it had the old iri/shim, so I exalted. But looking back I could've gened her into a nice looking dragon. Back then I didn't do gening, too expensive at the time.
One of the first dragons I hatched was xxy crimson/white. I didn't like the look because it had the old iri/shim, so I exalted. But looking back I could've gened her into a nice looking dragon. Back then I didn't do gening, too expensive at the time.
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
While I dont really regret taking my first hiatus, I do regret giving away the dragons and items I had at the time. I didnt have anything too valuable, but I do miss some of the dragons that meant a lot to me personally. They seem to still be in good homes now and well loved, but I'll still miss having them sometimes.
While I dont really regret taking my first hiatus, I do regret giving away the dragons and items I had at the time. I didnt have anything too valuable, but I do miss some of the dragons that meant a lot to me personally. They seem to still be in good homes now and well loved, but I'll still miss having them sometimes.
this sig is under construction | they/she
Okay, breeding progens, but now that I have, why not. Also, what was I thinking when I picked the colors? Seriously, they need a guide right when you join regarding that that says THESE ARE THE BEST RECOMMENDATIONS BASED ON FLIGHT RISING GAME PLAY in bold letters, and to submit your choices should require you click OK seeing that like 6 times before it actually saves it (okay, maybe not, but this is a huge failure in FR in my opinion).

Other than that, I have a series of regrets, and think people who take advantage of new players should be held accountable. But, there isn't really a way to do so (beyond blocking them, which there is no reason once you have learned the lesson).

Being talked into trades I wasn't comfortable with. I ended up exalting the ugly dergs I got. Not only were their genes ugly (I changed them for cheaper ones I could deal with, but nothing I would have bothered breeding and wouldn't have bought). But, the sting of being taken was a reminder every time I saw them. And, I tried selling their xxx selves, no luck (with either set of genes). So, leveled and exalted.

Lessons learned. But, as in life, no do overs.

There are others, but these stood out for me.
Okay, breeding progens, but now that I have, why not. Also, what was I thinking when I picked the colors? Seriously, they need a guide right when you join regarding that that says THESE ARE THE BEST RECOMMENDATIONS BASED ON FLIGHT RISING GAME PLAY in bold letters, and to submit your choices should require you click OK seeing that like 6 times before it actually saves it (okay, maybe not, but this is a huge failure in FR in my opinion).

Other than that, I have a series of regrets, and think people who take advantage of new players should be held accountable. But, there isn't really a way to do so (beyond blocking them, which there is no reason once you have learned the lesson).

Being talked into trades I wasn't comfortable with. I ended up exalting the ugly dergs I got. Not only were their genes ugly (I changed them for cheaper ones I could deal with, but nothing I would have bothered breeding and wouldn't have bought). But, the sting of being taken was a reminder every time I saw them. And, I tried selling their xxx selves, no luck (with either set of genes). So, leveled and exalted.

Lessons learned. But, as in life, no do overs.

There are others, but these stood out for me.
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
[quote name="Stagrose" date="2021-06-04 05:21:18" ] While I dont really regret taking my first hiatus, I do regret giving away the dragons and items I had at the time. I didnt have anything too valuable, but I do miss some of the dragons that meant a lot to me personally. They seem to still be in good homes now and well loved, but I'll still miss having them sometimes. [/quote] If I felt this way, I might contact the persons who have them, and ask if you could trade another dragon for them or buy them back. Obviously, I would not offer low in that situation.
Stagrose wrote on 2021-06-04 05:21:18:
If I felt this way, I might contact the persons who have them, and ask if you could trade another dragon for them or buy them back. Obviously, I would not offer low in that situation.
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
Didn't participate in fests during the halo year, bred my progens.
Didn't participate in fests during the halo year, bred my progens.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
Wasting my time trying to make my lair aesthetic when I have no eye for fashion and no reliable dragon income to buy accents. Now my dragons are all ugly but I'm happy.
Wasting my time trying to make my lair aesthetic when I have no eye for fashion and no reliable dragon income to buy accents. Now my dragons are all ugly but I'm happy.
Vista: Progress Ribbon onl96wk.png Vista: Rainbow Ribbon
I hatched an egg.
I hatched an egg.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png