Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Primal = Multigaze? (Cost-wise)
1 2
[item=Vial of Elemental Sight] [item=Vial of Disjointed Sight] I'm not complaining, not in the slightest, I just think it's odd that the vial of multigaze is the same price as the vial of primal. I always saw Primal as not really that cool and only more valuable than multigaze because it was rarer. But apparently... it's not rarer? If it was I can't think the vials would be the same price. (I admit I don't know the chances of either hatching; I've had to infer from the price of G1s and the fact that I have hatched multi but never Primal. Very proud of this guy btw and raised him to 25.) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67235422][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/672355/67235422_350.png[/img][/url] Again, not complaining, this actually helps me since I like multi-gaze so much. As everyone scrambles to add Primal for the same cost, I'm going to be adding multi-gaze and this will make my dragons more unique. I just find it odd since Primal was always so sought-after and multigaze didn't even always raise the price of the dragon unless it was first generation. Incidentally (if I'm right) this will tank the value of Primal dragons [i]and mot multis[/i] because virtually every time someone has 500k to blow on a vial, they will select the Primal vial. So I'm sitting pretty because I would never buy a primal dragon just to have one... I don't even think they look good. It's just odd.
Vial of Elemental Sight Vial of Disjointed Sight

I'm not complaining, not in the slightest, I just think it's odd that the vial of multigaze is the same price as the vial of primal.

I always saw Primal as not really that cool and only more valuable than multigaze because it was rarer.

But apparently... it's not rarer? If it was I can't think the vials would be the same price. (I admit I don't know the chances of either hatching; I've had to infer from the price of G1s and the fact that I have hatched multi but never Primal. Very proud of this guy btw and raised him to 25.)

67235422_350.png

Again, not complaining, this actually helps me since I like multi-gaze so much. As everyone scrambles to add Primal for the same cost, I'm going to be adding multi-gaze and this will make my dragons more unique.

I just find it odd since Primal was always so sought-after and multigaze didn't even always raise the price of the dragon unless it was first generation.

Incidentally (if I'm right) this will tank the value of Primal dragons and mot multis because virtually every time someone has 500k to blow on a vial, they will select the Primal vial. So I'm sitting pretty because I would never buy a primal dragon just to have one... I don't even think they look good.

It's just odd.
86cgLtF.png
(Wrong forum, by the way!)

Actually, it is weird that they're the same- multigaze always seemed more common? I have a Multi that I got for 10g, while even an ugly primal would go for more than that. And I think multi was more common than primal too with the rng eyes??

Well, that is kind of strange- and maybe more people will have that thought of "why buy a multigaze when I can buy a more valuable primal with the same amount?"
(Wrong forum, by the way!)

Actually, it is weird that they're the same- multigaze always seemed more common? I have a Multi that I got for 10g, while even an ugly primal would go for more than that. And I think multi was more common than primal too with the rng eyes??

Well, that is kind of strange- and maybe more people will have that thought of "why buy a multigaze when I can buy a more valuable primal with the same amount?"
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
I agree, it seem off that you have to yeet half a milion of treasures into multigaze. I would make that less but since the chance of getting multi is almost the same as getting a primal, I think it might be fair for them to be at the same price, even if people tend to not like them as much as primals. It would be better if there was higher chance of getting multigaze in the first place in my opinion
I agree, it seem off that you have to yeet half a milion of treasures into multigaze. I would make that less but since the chance of getting multi is almost the same as getting a primal, I think it might be fair for them to be at the same price, even if people tend to not like them as much as primals. It would be better if there was higher chance of getting multigaze in the first place in my opinion
L8kPJSl.png
H2nH3VN.pngurcyEj1.pngTTtkdFX.pngE3N752b.png
X6le0pA.png
@Aliandrin Moved to FR Discussion!
@Aliandrin Moved to FR Discussion!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
Multigaze is actually about as rare as primals, based on statistics people did a while back when the eyes first came out. Some experiments even had multigaze as more rare than primal! Both were around 1% if I remember right. And FR generally prices things based on rarity.

It IS weird though that the faceted vial is half the price of those even though it isn't that much more rare, like 2%. (Again, an estimation based on vague memories.)
Multigaze is actually about as rare as primals, based on statistics people did a while back when the eyes first came out. Some experiments even had multigaze as more rare than primal! Both were around 1% if I remember right. And FR generally prices things based on rarity.

It IS weird though that the faceted vial is half the price of those even though it isn't that much more rare, like 2%. (Again, an estimation based on vague memories.)
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
I've hatched 5? primals, and 1? mutl. I haven't actually been keeping track, but I definitely gotten primals more often.
I've hatched 5? primals, and 1? mutl. I haven't actually been keeping track, but I definitely gotten primals more often.
tumblr_inline_o21bnbQvyI1r3lvtf_400.png
I'm pretty sure multigaze is the rarer one? I've never hatched a multigaze. It's just that they're cheaper because as a whole people like primal better - which I agree with. You don't need to look any farther than clipping over a veilspun's mop or diaph gene and I'm like nah. I need my eyes on the right layers and it's too easy to cover up multigaze too with apparel.

If they went by rarity, multigaze should theoretically cost more but it's probably not cuz it's not that big of a difference to make it cost a little more treasure.
I'm pretty sure multigaze is the rarer one? I've never hatched a multigaze. It's just that they're cheaper because as a whole people like primal better - which I agree with. You don't need to look any farther than clipping over a veilspun's mop or diaph gene and I'm like nah. I need my eyes on the right layers and it's too easy to cover up multigaze too with apparel.

If they went by rarity, multigaze should theoretically cost more but it's probably not cuz it's not that big of a difference to make it cost a little more treasure.
earth.gif
ALyb7Fl.png coco
ALyb7Fl.png they/he
ALyb7Fl.png FR +0
ALyb7Fl.png queer
tumblr_osyord8RnW1v8lm95o1_100.png
[quote name="fistfulofdragons" date="2021-05-10 19:15:00" ] Multigaze is actually about as rare as primals, based on statistics people did a while back when the eyes first came out. Some experiments even had multigaze as more rare than primal! Both were around 1% if I remember right. And FR generally prices things based on rarity. It IS weird though that the faceted vial is half the price of those even though it isn't that much more rare, like 2%. (Again, an estimation based on vague memories.) [/quote] Can confirm! Someone had compiled statistics and while primals were ~1.1%, multi was ~0.9% Of course there's always a margin of error, but they have very similar rarities, and thus, I assume, similar prices. Buyer's market however, is different. Primals are usually more sought after than multis because they're more unique in design and people were pretty big into collecting primal flight ambassadors vs. multi ones. Facet was 2-3%? iirc? Which means... half the price of the other two? Honestly, I don't know the reason, but I can assume that's the sort of pricing scale going on with eye vials.
fistfulofdragons wrote on 2021-05-10 19:15:00:

Can confirm!

Someone had compiled statistics and while primals were ~1.1%, multi was ~0.9%
Of course there's always a margin of error, but they have very similar rarities, and thus, I assume, similar prices.

Buyer's market however, is different. Primals are usually more sought after than multis because they're more unique in design and people were pretty big into collecting primal flight ambassadors vs. multi ones.

Facet was 2-3%? iirc? Which means... half the price of the other two? Honestly, I don't know the reason, but I can assume that's the sort of pricing scale going on with eye vials.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.
I think it's just a Rule of Cool thing. Each element has a different and unique design where multi gaze is basically just several common eyes on one dragon. In other words, primal looks cooler so there's a bigger market for it
I think it's just a Rule of Cool thing. Each element has a different and unique design where multi gaze is basically just several common eyes on one dragon. In other words, primal looks cooler so there's a bigger market for it
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
[quote name="cocoal" date="2021-05-10 19:36:49" ]You don't need to look any farther than clipping over a veilspun's mop or diaph gene and I'm like nah. I need my eyes on the right layers and it's too easy to cover up multigaze too with apparel.[/quote] While I think Multi is the bees' knees, this I agree with. It doesn't look good on dragons with long hair like Veils and Gaolers. In fact, it looks so fake on a Gaoler where the fur should logically cover up some of the extra eyes (on the tail for example) that it's immersion-breaking. However, some Gaoler genes like crystal and opal have pretty much this same problem where they reveal what should be fur as actually just a layer of art.
cocoal wrote on 2021-05-10 19:36:49:
You don't need to look any farther than clipping over a veilspun's mop or diaph gene and I'm like nah. I need my eyes on the right layers and it's too easy to cover up multigaze too with apparel.

While I think Multi is the bees' knees, this I agree with. It doesn't look good on dragons with long hair like Veils and Gaolers. In fact, it looks so fake on a Gaoler where the fur should logically cover up some of the extra eyes (on the tail for example) that it's immersion-breaking. However, some Gaoler genes like crystal and opal have pretty much this same problem where they reveal what should be fur as actually just a layer of art.
86cgLtF.png
1 2