Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weird things you thought as a fr noob?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
I thought different copies of the same familiar all had different bond levels. I avoided selling my high-leveled familiars, and when I bought familiars, I was always happy to see that it had already been bonded with a few times by the previous owner, even though it was actually me who had done so at Fiona.
I thought different copies of the same familiar all had different bond levels. I avoided selling my high-leveled familiars, and when I bought familiars, I was always happy to see that it had already been bonded with a few times by the previous owner, even though it was actually me who had done so at Fiona.
(she/her) i'll code this sometime
I misread the Dominance explanation and thought that if the Beastclans got one of the top three spots, then none of the top flights would receive bonuses. Glad I was wrong lol
I misread the Dominance explanation and thought that if the Beastclans got one of the top three spots, then none of the top flights would receive bonuses. Glad I was wrong lol
When I joined I saw "The Fire Flight is dominating!" at the top of the screen, which was my flight. I didn't realize that it was won last week, I thought it was a current standing, and I felt obligated to help out. But I also thought dom was like a huge PvP, MMO type thing where you directly fight with and interact with other players, which scared me. So I chickened out and it took me weeks to work up the courage to go to the dominance page. When I finally did I was like, "oh".
When I joined I saw "The Fire Flight is dominating!" at the top of the screen, which was my flight. I didn't realize that it was won last week, I thought it was a current standing, and I felt obligated to help out. But I also thought dom was like a huge PvP, MMO type thing where you directly fight with and interact with other players, which scared me. So I chickened out and it took me weeks to work up the courage to go to the dominance page. When I finally did I was like, "oh".
is5IYGR.png
I thought I would randomly get extra gathering moves for no reason. This is before I discovered what dominance was.
I thought I would randomly get extra gathering moves for no reason. This is before I discovered what dominance was.
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
i didn't realize the auction house existed for such a long time and i hoardsold so many eliminates :,^)
i didn't realize the auction house existed for such a long time and i hoardsold so many eliminates :,^)
33351.png
seylon
he/she
please ping if you need my attention!
I used to think Fandragons were stupid and pointless. That they’re dragons, there’s no way they’d resemble anything else.
I used to think Fandragons were stupid and pointless. That they’re dragons, there’s no way they’d resemble anything else.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I somehow thought that egg rot was still a thing, so I was always scared of missing any days of incubating my eggs. And was confused when I saw people talking about how egg rot was removed in 2013... I joined in 2017.....
I somehow thought that egg rot was still a thing, so I was always scared of missing any days of incubating my eggs. And was confused when I saw people talking about how egg rot was removed in 2013... I joined in 2017.....
Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black and White.
[quote name="Joyously" date="2021-05-04 09:07:58" ] I thought different copies of the same familiar all had different bond levels. I avoided selling my high-leveled familiars, and when I bought familiars, I was always happy to see that it had already been bonded with a few times by the previous owner, even though it was actually me who had done so at Fiona. [/quote] Omg that's exactly what I thought too. The amount of stress I had while trying to figure out which familiars to sell... [emoji=mirror sad size=1]
Joyously wrote on 2021-05-04 09:07:58:

Omg that's exactly what I thought too. The amount of stress I had while trying to figure out which familiars to sell...
ePOliyb.png
ypcKWM0.png
JvUa9ma.png
R1dejfm.png
YMPbu9R.png
75678404.png
[quote name="Denimous" date="2021-05-04 09:09:13" ] I misread the Dominance explanation and thought that if the Beastclans got one of the top three spots, then none of the top flights would receive bonuses. Glad I was wrong lol [/quote] this! As a noob myself, this thread is priceless and also, hilarious.
Denimous wrote on 2021-05-04 09:09:13:

this!

As a noob myself, this thread is priceless and also, hilarious.
68899888_350.png
[quote name="Akiron" date="2021-05-04 07:37:37" ] I received gifts when I first started, but I didn't know what was what, so seeing a full-ish hoard, Newbie me came to the conclusion that everyone shared their hoard with their entire flight. So, whenever I needed food I'd use only a little, cause I didn't want my flight to get angry at me. After I started coli and got my first food drop, I was so proud of myself, and kept on farming for lots of food, because I thought I could repay my flight for letting me use so much food! After a couple weeks, I realized that wasn't actually true, and my hoard was my own.[/quote] this is so cute and wholesome @Akiron coming from other games where general coinage type money was called "gold" and abbreviated appropriately for that, i thought i had enough money to buy a familiar for 350g when i had a couple thousand treasure.
Akiron wrote on 2021-05-04 07:37:37:
I received gifts when I first started, but I didn't know what was what, so seeing a full-ish hoard, Newbie me came to the conclusion that everyone shared their hoard with their entire flight. So, whenever I needed food I'd use only a little, cause I didn't want my flight to get angry at me.

After I started coli and got my first food drop, I was so proud of myself, and kept on farming for lots of food, because I thought I could repay my flight for letting me use so much food! After a couple weeks, I realized that wasn't actually true, and my hoard was my own.

this is so cute and wholesome @Akiron

coming from other games where general coinage type money was called "gold" and abbreviated appropriately for that, i thought i had enough money to buy a familiar for 350g when i had a couple thousand treasure.
GkfDmNh.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12