Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weird things you thought as a fr noob?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
i thought booleans were some weird coin thing
i thought booleans were some weird coin thing
I received gifts when I first started, but I didn't know what was what, so seeing a full-ish hoard, Newbie me came to the conclusion that everyone shared their hoard with their entire flight. So, whenever I needed food I'd use only a little, cause I didn't want my flight to get angry at me.

After I started coli and got my first food drop, I was so proud of myself, and kept on farming for lots of food, because I thought I could repay my flight for letting me use so much food! After a couple weeks, I realized that wasn't actually true, and my hoard was my own. I felt really stupid after that. ;-;

And, I didn't know you could melt things to get Baldwin mats, so I came to the conclusion that only a select few could get them, so I'd stare longingly at the Baldwin mats on the AH, wishing I could melt them too.

Dang, newbie me was really stupid. I still am, too.
I received gifts when I first started, but I didn't know what was what, so seeing a full-ish hoard, Newbie me came to the conclusion that everyone shared their hoard with their entire flight. So, whenever I needed food I'd use only a little, cause I didn't want my flight to get angry at me.

After I started coli and got my first food drop, I was so proud of myself, and kept on farming for lots of food, because I thought I could repay my flight for letting me use so much food! After a couple weeks, I realized that wasn't actually true, and my hoard was my own. I felt really stupid after that. ;-;

And, I didn't know you could melt things to get Baldwin mats, so I came to the conclusion that only a select few could get them, so I'd stare longingly at the Baldwin mats on the AH, wishing I could melt them too.

Dang, newbie me was really stupid. I still am, too.
I joined right before the first night of the nocturne. I thought nocturne eggs were useless
I joined right before the first night of the nocturne. I thought nocturne eggs were useless
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
I didn't know you could buy fest skins until my second or third festival!
I thought they only dropped in the coli and because I didn't have a team (eventually had a baby team) that I couldn't get them at all.
I didn't know you could buy fest skins until my second or third festival!
I thought they only dropped in the coli and because I didn't have a team (eventually had a baby team) that I couldn't get them at all.
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-05-04 06:52:45" ] That dressing dragons isn't fun. Why cover them up? Well... [/quote] I had this issue too I also didn’t know how to get more food for the first week of playing
Naeryl wrote on 2021-05-04 06:52:45:
That dressing dragons isn't fun. Why cover them up?

Well...

I had this issue too

I also didn’t know how to get more food for the first week of playing
wthFnM3.pngtVqnDgA.png

bYt72YT.pngtqGkHih.png

z8s5c34.pnga69iToJ.png
I don't have very exciting newb posts, I just thought that collecting familiars meant having them in your inventory once and then they stay in the bestiary just like that.
I don't have very exciting newb posts, I just thought that collecting familiars meant having them in your inventory once and then they stay in the bestiary just like that.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I thought you could only buy dragons from your own flight and also only gather in your own flight's domain.
I thought you could only buy dragons from your own flight and also only gather in your own flight's domain.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I thought Sprites would return the next year. Luckily I wasn't stupid and got all the 2013 fest items..but I only got 1 of each item. ..I'd love to have multiple [item= Sunchaser Jewelry] now..
I thought Sprites would return the next year. Luckily I wasn't stupid and got all the 2013 fest items..but I only got 1 of each item. ..I'd love to have multiple Sunchaser Jewelry now..
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
[quote name="RaiynTheAlicorn" date="2021-05-04 07:03:28" ] That Galore was a woman but later found out Galore was a man [/quote] When i was a newbie i thought hes just here to exist and doesnt do stuff lol
RaiynTheAlicorn wrote on 2021-05-04 07:03:28:
That Galore was a woman but later found out Galore was a man
When i was a newbie i thought hes just here to exist and doesnt do stuff lol
I thought Galore would randomly give you stuff just because. Like, you'd visit Galore and every so often he'd give you like 10kt or an item or something - like Pinkerton but more random.
I thought Galore would randomly give you stuff just because. Like, you'd visit Galore and every so often he'd give you like 10kt or an item or something - like Pinkerton but more random.
qbj5aU6.gif scroll.pngMKluVD5.giftheultimatecatsig.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12