Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How old is old?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
I just saw someone in introductions calling themselves an oldie, went to check their bio and they joined mid 2019 o.0 I joined around when they did so it made me feel a little old haha... but I don't think 2019 is old enough to call yourself an oldie, as I certainly don't consider myself one. If you joined before 2016 however I consider you to be an fr boomer :V

Do you consider yourself an oldie? What date joined makes someone an oldie in your eyes?
I just saw someone in introductions calling themselves an oldie, went to check their bio and they joined mid 2019 o.0 I joined around when they did so it made me feel a little old haha... but I don't think 2019 is old enough to call yourself an oldie, as I certainly don't consider myself one. If you joined before 2016 however I consider you to be an fr boomer :V

Do you consider yourself an oldie? What date joined makes someone an oldie in your eyes?
tOaCdAC.png2IQhSQn.png
I do consider myself an oldie! I joined 2013, and so many of my dragons have just...become Old Dragons thanks to the inexorable march of time.

I think "oldness," for me, depends on which site events you've experienced and the number of memories you can share with an account of similar age, but there's no real cutoff. Most people settle in as FR veterans after a year or so, and then it's all relative to your audience.
I do consider myself an oldie! I joined 2013, and so many of my dragons have just...become Old Dragons thanks to the inexorable march of time.

I think "oldness," for me, depends on which site events you've experienced and the number of memories you can share with an account of similar age, but there's no real cutoff. Most people settle in as FR veterans after a year or so, and then it's all relative to your audience.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
I guess by my joining date I’d be an oldie (2014) but I took a huge hiatus (~2016-2019) so I don’t feel like an oldie, haha.
I guess by my joining date I’d be an oldie (2014) but I took a huge hiatus (~2016-2019) so I don’t feel like an oldie, haha.
1xcX4j2.gif
a lot of people ive met say 2015 is an oldie, but it is relative to the audience.

i joined in 2016 but I consider myself an oldie because I've been in and around a bunch of events and the stuff i wasnt there for ive done research on while the info still existed (some threads just get lost by time)
a lot of people ive met say 2015 is an oldie, but it is relative to the audience.

i joined in 2016 but I consider myself an oldie because I've been in and around a bunch of events and the stuff i wasnt there for ive done research on while the info still existed (some threads just get lost by time)
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
I don't think I'd call someone old unless they joined before 2017? Even that feels weirdly young haha
I don't think I'd call someone old unless they joined before 2017? Even that feels weirdly young haha
td9UiZS.png
I've been here since October 2014. I still have this instinctual thought that anyone who joined after that window is a new account. I realize that is not the case. Regardless, I do agree 2019 is not old enough to count as an oldie.

The game launched in mid 2013, almost 8 years ago. Mid 2019 was only 2 years ago. I wouldn't count that as old.
I've been here since October 2014. I still have this instinctual thought that anyone who joined after that window is a new account. I realize that is not the case. Regardless, I do agree 2019 is not old enough to count as an oldie.

The game launched in mid 2013, almost 8 years ago. Mid 2019 was only 2 years ago. I wouldn't count that as old.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
2013-2015 is old in my eyes. 2016, too, I suppose.
Anything after that feels new to me, but that might only be because I’ve been here a while, I guess?
2013-2015 is old in my eyes. 2016, too, I suppose.
Anything after that feels new to me, but that might only be because I’ve been here a while, I guess?
UwPE0Qp.png
Yeah, being from 2019 is not old enough to be counted as an oldie.

Like 2013-2016 is who would be an oldie
Yeah, being from 2019 is not old enough to be counted as an oldie.

Like 2013-2016 is who would be an oldie
[quote name="Ern" date="2021-04-20 08:02:33" ] I don't think I'd call someone old unless they joined before 2017? Even that feels weirdly young haha [/quote] I agree with this also, 2017 or you're feels like an oldie to me, even 2018 can be up there, but I think 2013 to 2015 are the true verterans. but I also agree with other users, it also depends how active you have been and how many events you've experienced and such. Its all relative Edit: Ive thought some more and this is generally how I feel (give or take some overlap): 2013-2014 : True Veterans 2014-2015 : Oldies 2016-2018 : Middle Aged 2018-2019 : Young 2020-2021 : New New
Ern wrote on 2021-04-20 08:02:33:

I agree with this also, 2017 or you're feels like an oldie to me, even 2018 can be up there, but I think 2013 to 2015 are the true verterans. but I also agree with other users, it also depends how active you have been and how many events you've experienced and such. Its all relative

Edit: Ive thought some more and this is generally how I feel (give or take some overlap):

2013-2014 : True Veterans
2014-2015 : Oldies
2016-2018 : Middle Aged
2018-2019 : Young
2020-2021 : New New
Yeah, no, 2019 is definitely not an oldie.

I think oldie is 2013-2014. You’re one of the oldest batch of FR users, therefore, you’re considered an oldie.

(We call dragons from 2013-2015 or so oldies, so if a user made there account around that time I’d say they’re probably one.)

Seasoned player or I guess, veteran, should be around 2015-2016. You weren’t around for most of the start, but, you still saw lots of updates and changes. Very seasoned player, not as seasoned as the groups before you.

2017-2018, you probably know the site pretty well and you’ve seen quite a few updates, like those in 2015-2016. But haven’t been here as long as the other groups before you.

I personally still consider most 2019-2020 users as being newer players, they’re not newbies but they haven’t been around as long as the other groups of users.

All depends on how active and how well they know the game, however. So someone from 2013 could be technically classified as a newbie if they don’t know any of the mechanics. But I feel as though that about sums up the groups.

Edit: Typo.
Yeah, no, 2019 is definitely not an oldie.

I think oldie is 2013-2014. You’re one of the oldest batch of FR users, therefore, you’re considered an oldie.

(We call dragons from 2013-2015 or so oldies, so if a user made there account around that time I’d say they’re probably one.)

Seasoned player or I guess, veteran, should be around 2015-2016. You weren’t around for most of the start, but, you still saw lots of updates and changes. Very seasoned player, not as seasoned as the groups before you.

2017-2018, you probably know the site pretty well and you’ve seen quite a few updates, like those in 2015-2016. But haven’t been here as long as the other groups before you.

I personally still consider most 2019-2020 users as being newer players, they’re not newbies but they haven’t been around as long as the other groups of users.

All depends on how active and how well they know the game, however. So someone from 2013 could be technically classified as a newbie if they don’t know any of the mechanics. But I feel as though that about sums up the groups.

Edit: Typo.
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14