Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stance on revamping old dergs?
1 2 3 4
So I'm just wondering overall what you guys think about regeneing, scattering, breed changing, etc old dragons? Think 7 digits maximum.

Obviously it's completely personal preference so I'm asking what you prefer individually. Do you prefer to preserve the dragon's og look or do you wanna spice them up and make them pretty?
So I'm just wondering overall what you guys think about regeneing, scattering, breed changing, etc old dragons? Think 7 digits maximum.

Obviously it's completely personal preference so I'm asking what you prefer individually. Do you prefer to preserve the dragon's og look or do you wanna spice them up and make them pretty?

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
I would spice 'em up >:D
I would spice 'em up >:D
60218142.png
I scatter everything until they are workable. Perfect genes, perfect breed, all changes!

There are some regrets I have, like now a lot of dragons I started the site with aren't at all like I remembered them but it's how I keep the game from getting stale.
I scatter everything until they are workable. Perfect genes, perfect breed, all changes!

There are some regrets I have, like now a lot of dragons I started the site with aren't at all like I remembered them but it's how I keep the game from getting stale.
Y3kY2LN.png
It depends! There are some old dragons where I have kept their original genes because they're like a time capsule of where my lair was and the kinds of dragons I owned during a particular period, if that makes sense.

But as someone who joined back in 2014 when the gene selection and variation wasn't great (almost nonexistent really), my older dragons are some of the first candidates I test out in the Scrying Workshop after a new gene release. I still like those dragons and their genes, or else I wouldn't have bought them in the first place, but I think even pixel dragons deserve the opportunity to change their look and reinvent themselves. :P
It depends! There are some old dragons where I have kept their original genes because they're like a time capsule of where my lair was and the kinds of dragons I owned during a particular period, if that makes sense.

But as someone who joined back in 2014 when the gene selection and variation wasn't great (almost nonexistent really), my older dragons are some of the first candidates I test out in the Scrying Workshop after a new gene release. I still like those dragons and their genes, or else I wouldn't have bought them in the first place, but I think even pixel dragons deserve the opportunity to change their look and reinvent themselves. :P
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
I really like some old genes, so some of my oldies stay as they are- but I will give makeovers to some because I like the new genes too!! Depends on the individual dragon ^^
I really like some old genes, so some of my oldies stay as they are- but I will give makeovers to some because I like the new genes too!! Depends on the individual dragon ^^
udj6wT1.png
I like leaving them as they are, as it’s interesting to see how tastes change
I like leaving them as they are, as it’s interesting to see how tastes change
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
I think it depends, at least for me! Some of my oldies are very pretty as they are - plus I feel like leaving them with their old genes is like cementing the history of FR! Others, though, I'd love to give makeovers to! To shower them in love with brand new genes, apparel, all that stuff, it's so fun to breathe new life into some oldies!
I think it depends, at least for me! Some of my oldies are very pretty as they are - plus I feel like leaving them with their old genes is like cementing the history of FR! Others, though, I'd love to give makeovers to! To shower them in love with brand new genes, apparel, all that stuff, it's so fun to breathe new life into some oldies!
Cloud - She/Her
5hF3FGk.png
ytkEBod.png
kHBaXec.png
qGabqd5.png
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif gVI5OAO.pngLGvol4P.png
qJFAY9h.pngjoJXsVi.png
I usually don’t like to do it because I feel like it wastes the money I spent to originally gene a dragon
Plus I’m attached to my dragons as they are
But sometimes I will do it if I love a new gene enough
I usually don’t like to do it because I feel like it wastes the money I spent to originally gene a dragon
Plus I’m attached to my dragons as they are
But sometimes I will do it if I love a new gene enough
66.png
When I came back from a long hiatus I pretty much redid all the dragons I remembered enough and enjoyed enough still to keep. Refreshing them really made me happy and now I will continue to enjoy them.
When I came back from a long hiatus I pretty much redid all the dragons I remembered enough and enjoyed enough still to keep. Refreshing them really made me happy and now I will continue to enjoy them.
lik2pA1X.jpg
When I first joined someone gave me a (unbred!) 7 digit and while I haven't finished geneing her all this time, she originally had freckle but I gave her rosette. I quite like platinum jag/ros so when I realized she had platinum I slapped it on her.
Personally, I value visually pleasing over long-time sentimentality but to each their own of course.
When I first joined someone gave me a (unbred!) 7 digit and while I haven't finished geneing her all this time, she originally had freckle but I gave her rosette. I quite like platinum jag/ros so when I realized she had platinum I slapped it on her.
Personally, I value visually pleasing over long-time sentimentality but to each their own of course.
chrysanthe-sig-left.pngart shop (link)art thread (link)
1 2 3 4