Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sandswept Delta Hype??
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I prefer to coli only when I can also level but those new familiars are so gorgeous I guess I'll have to make an exception. Also loving the masks.
I prefer to coli only when I can also level but those new familiars are so gorgeous I guess I'll have to make an exception. Also loving the masks.
April showers bring forth May flowers
Gotta admit...a little disappointed this didn't end up being a full-on revamp, given that the devs have spent several years forgetting that the venue existed at all. Seeing it get some real TLC and new life breathed into it would have been really cool.

Just means we're not on track for a full revamp of it for at least the next five years, if the trend holds. Bit of a bummer. A number of the lower-level venues are really in need of an overhaul.
Gotta admit...a little disappointed this didn't end up being a full-on revamp, given that the devs have spent several years forgetting that the venue existed at all. Seeing it get some real TLC and new life breathed into it would have been really cool.

Just means we're not on track for a full revamp of it for at least the next five years, if the trend holds. Bit of a bummer. A number of the lower-level venues are really in need of an overhaul.
I agree, I was really looking forward to some more love for the Delta, it's my fav of the first row of coliseum venues. [s]Scorched forest is cursed[/s] That being said, while the whole overhaul didn't happen, there's still a chance for some love in a later update - they've been known to split some updates apart. I'm still holding strong for a scene and a boss familiar to be mentioned [s]thrown in[/s] during another update... [i]please devs ;u;[/i] I'm just so happy that I noticed this when I did and that it gave people a chance to explore and find out more about what was going on! It was an exciting break and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was hyped XDDD I love all the fams, but I'm still trying vehemently for that redtailed gryphon!! [i]GET IN MY BESTIARY NOW DAMMIT[/i] [emoji=bestiary size=1]
I agree, I was really looking forward to some more love for the Delta, it's my fav of the first row of coliseum venues. Scorched forest is cursed

That being said, while the whole overhaul didn't happen, there's still a chance for some love in a later update - they've been known to split some updates apart. I'm still holding strong for a scene and a boss familiar to be mentioned thrown in during another update...

please devs ;u;

I'm just so happy that I noticed this when I did and that it gave people a chance to explore and find out more about what was going on! It was an exciting break and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was hyped XDDD

I love all the fams, but I'm still trying vehemently for that redtailed gryphon!! GET IN MY BESTIARY NOW DAMMIT
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
OH MY GOSH?? CACTUS SNAKES AND CUTE GRIFFINS?? GOD BLESS
OH MY GOSH?? CACTUS SNAKES AND CUTE GRIFFINS?? GOD BLESS
dT9HQge.png
H0t7Ypl.png
bYt72YT.png
oaolHwW.png
5hF3FGk.png
OQwOmsS.png
[quote name="AoiNoRyuu" date="2021-04-17 02:31:17" ] [quote name="Undel" date="2021-04-17 02:19:42" ] [quote name="wbicepuppy" date="2021-04-17 01:54:39" ] I just ran into the birds. Confirming: not boss monsters. But they were NOT animating correctly! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/318982070078668800/832903123029983232/oh_no_dunerunners.png[/img] [/quote] They run so fast! [/quote] Every time I see those Roadrunners I think of this guy XD [img]https://media.tenor.com/images/7691f0796e33130f60cc26f91ea91325/tenor.gif[/img] [/quote] [i]zoom[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ww7nhiZ.png[/img] (I'd make it go faster but this is as fast as I can make it before my own browser puts the clamps an and says "birb 2 fast")
AoiNoRyuu wrote on 2021-04-17 02:31:17:
Undel wrote on 2021-04-17 02:19:42:
wbicepuppy wrote on 2021-04-17 01:54:39:
I just ran into the birds. Confirming: not boss monsters. But they were NOT animating correctly!

oh_no_dunerunners.png

They run so fast!

Every time I see those Roadrunners I think of this guy XD

tenor.gif

zoom
ww7nhiZ.png

(I'd make it go faster but this is as fast as I can make it before my own browser puts the clamps an and says "birb 2 fast")
cL9yafY.gif
any of yall seen the cactus LIZARDS?
any of yall seen the cactus LIZARDS?
2635948.png
[quote name="Natron" date="2021-04-17 04:30:57" ] [quote name="@Doomwyte" date="2021-04-16 21:54:24" ] [quote name="Natron" date="2021-04-16 18:33:41" ] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b1/cd/1d/b1cd1d8f122bf117b2a395e2534b991c.jpg[/img] Yep, it is indeed a good day to be in the desert (although, fun fact, there are no native cacti in Africa and the Sandswept Delta was most likely based on the Sahara!) [/quote] There’s milk barrel euphorbia though. But yeah the sneks are inspired by prickly pears which definitely aren’t found naturally in Africa. I really really like them cacti sneks anyway. They’re so cute! [/quote] Yes but Euphorbia horrida is not actually a true cactus, it just looks like a cactus due to convergent evolution. True cacti are succulent plants of the family Cactaceae and that belongs to the Caryophyllales order. Euphorbia on the other hand belongs to Euphorbiaceae also known as spurges. Those aren't even in the same order aka they're in Malpighiales umu so yeah, no true, native cacti in Africa [/quote] Interesting. Plants never cease to amaze me. :D
Natron wrote on 2021-04-17 04:30:57:
@Doomwyte wrote on 2021-04-16 21:54:24:
Natron wrote on 2021-04-16 18:33:41:
b1cd1d8f122bf117b2a395e2534b991c.jpg

Yep, it is indeed a good day to be in the desert (although, fun fact, there are no native cacti in Africa and the Sandswept Delta was most likely based on the Sahara!)

There’s milk barrel euphorbia though. But yeah the sneks are inspired by prickly pears which definitely aren’t found naturally in Africa. I really really like them cacti sneks anyway. They’re so cute!

Yes but Euphorbia horrida is not actually a true cactus, it just looks like a cactus due to convergent evolution. True cacti are succulent plants of the family Cactaceae and that belongs to the Caryophyllales order. Euphorbia on the other hand belongs to Euphorbiaceae also known as spurges. Those aren't even in the same order aka they're in Malpighiales umu so yeah, no true, native cacti in Africa

Interesting. Plants never cease to amaze me. :D
@vertibird YEP, I am on the same thought train with y'all, I am genuinely curious as to why the venue didn't get a full revamp. I actually sent the Staff a ticket and they can reply whenever they have the time because I really need answers. Maybe just like OP said, they're splitting the update? But we could assume that we won't be getting any other familiars unless they decide to add the bosses but maybe the Staff don't want to add those to the first four venues because they're low level. We're at 27 enemies total which is the usual, or even one more than the usual. The reason why I am so confused is because the Sandswept Delta is by far the only OG venue that has not gotten a revamp, every single other venue that's been here since the beginning and has gotten expansions also got revamped art. Why is the SD the odd one out? [emoji=ridgeback confused size=1] A mystery. Ironically, the Mire is younger than the Sandswept Delta as far as I know and it's most likely going to get a full revamp. I really hope the SD isn't going to get ignored, that would break my heart.
@vertibird YEP, I am on the same thought train with y'all, I am genuinely curious as to why the venue didn't get a full revamp. I actually sent the Staff a ticket and they can reply whenever they have the time because I really need answers.
Maybe just like OP said, they're splitting the update? But we could assume that we won't be getting any other familiars unless they decide to add the bosses but maybe the Staff don't want to add those to the first four venues because they're low level. We're at 27 enemies total which is the usual, or even one more than the usual.

The reason why I am so confused is because the Sandswept Delta is by far the only OG venue that has not gotten a revamp, every single other venue that's been here since the beginning and has gotten expansions also got revamped art. Why is the SD the odd one out? A mystery.
Ironically, the Mire is younger than the Sandswept Delta as far as I know and it's most likely going to get a full revamp. I really hope the SD isn't going to get ignored, that would break my heart.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Natron It's true, SD got like, "touched up" because I'm pretty sure the background [i]did[/i] change, but only lightly. My memory could be deceiving me, that was a LONG time ago... (Maybe when they added the day vs. night?) It never had a full revamp before though, even when they added the Serthis Mobs/Potions for Poison/Toxin and Baldwin. But, considering the scenes that they've already made, the Sandswept Delta has such potential for art. I know they will add a scene at SOME point. Just, hoping, that it won't take another 5 years, like you said [emoji=coatl scared size=1]
@Natron

It's true, SD got like, "touched up" because I'm pretty sure the background did change, but only lightly. My memory could be deceiving me, that was a LONG time ago... (Maybe when they added the day vs. night?) It never had a full revamp before though, even when they added the Serthis Mobs/Potions for Poison/Toxin and Baldwin.

But, considering the scenes that they've already made, the Sandswept Delta has such potential for art. I know they will add a scene at SOME point.

Just, hoping, that it won't take another 5 years, like you said
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
NO. NOOOOOOO. [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/023/768/upload.png[/img] I just realised I dreamed that Undel made a post explaining that we'll be getting a Sandswept Delta scene and a new background and now I'm awake and SAD, It'S ALL A [i]L I E[/i]
NO. NOOOOOOO.

upload.png

I just realised I dreamed that Undel made a post explaining that we'll be getting a Sandswept Delta scene and a new background and now I'm awake and SAD, It'S ALL A L I E
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21