Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I kinda feel cheated
1 2 3 4 5
So basically you had the choice between two cool new apparels and as stupid lanyard (which i got ofc)
great
So basically you had the choice between two cool new apparels and as stupid lanyard (which i got ofc)
great
stare_by_addmedia-d763984.giffo07.pngstare_by_addmedia-d763984.gif
why is nobody complaining about the mascot mask. That's way more situational than a lanyard
why is nobody complaining about the mascot mask. That's way more situational than a lanyard
c64qslB.png iejIbGt.png 7nuk9Ck.png
I changed my choice from the swag bag to the lanyard after 6 because I thought "eh so many people will pick swag anyway" [emoji=skydancer deadpan size=1] ...yeahhh I'm disappointed too
I changed my choice from the swag bag to the lanyard after 6 because I thought "eh so many people will pick swag anyway" ...yeahhh I'm disappointed too
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread
Tbh I love the lanyard. It works for a lot of stuff other than a LumiCon or an Emperor (ID card for instance), and tbh I think it's the most clever addition to the trio. It ties everything together and creates a bunch of new lore opportunities surrounding the existence of a LumiCon! The mask by itself would just be something similar to the paper dragon masques, and the plushie is the same sorta thing as the plague vulture and fire lizard. But the lanyard ties it all together and creates a fun canonical origin! I think it's awesome!
Tbh I love the lanyard. It works for a lot of stuff other than a LumiCon or an Emperor (ID card for instance), and tbh I think it's the most clever addition to the trio. It ties everything together and creates a bunch of new lore opportunities surrounding the existence of a LumiCon! The mask by itself would just be something similar to the paper dragon masques, and the plushie is the same sorta thing as the plague vulture and fire lizard. But the lanyard ties it all together and creates a fun canonical origin! I think it's awesome!
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
Could always sell it. Might not be as much as the other apparel, but 130g is still a nice chunk of money which you can put towards one of the other items easy.
Plus the items drop from chests! Considering how commonly other marva items drop, I'm sure you'll get em in no time if you keep collecting chests with gathering and familiar bonding- which is just as free as having gotten it in the swag bags in the first place.
Could always sell it. Might not be as much as the other apparel, but 130g is still a nice chunk of money which you can put towards one of the other items easy.
Plus the items drop from chests! Considering how commonly other marva items drop, I'm sure you'll get em in no time if you keep collecting chests with gathering and familiar bonding- which is just as free as having gotten it in the swag bags in the first place.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I'm pleased that the new apparel is available from all three tiers of Treasure Chest plus from Pinkerton. I got the lanyard from my bag too, but I expect to get the other two items as well in the fullness of time. And if not, as supply increases, prices will drop. The items aren't retiring.
I'm pleased that the new apparel is available from all three tiers of Treasure Chest plus from Pinkerton. I got the lanyard from my bag too, but I expect to get the other two items as well in the fullness of time. And if not, as supply increases, prices will drop. The items aren't retiring.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-04-06 05:56:18" ] Could always sell it. Might not be as much as the other apparel, but 130g is still a nice chunk of money which you can put towards one of the other items easy. Plus the items drop from chests! Considering how commonly other marva items drop, I'm sure you'll get em in no time if you keep collecting chests with gathering and familiar bonding- which is just as free as having gotten it in the swag bags in the first place. [/quote] Yes! And I've seen a bunch of people trading stuff in the forums! Maybe you could find somebody who'd be willing to trade the mask or plushie for the lanyard!
Recallback wrote on 2021-04-06 05:56:18:

Yes! And I've seen a bunch of people trading stuff in the forums! Maybe you could find somebody who'd be willing to trade the mask or plushie for the lanyard!
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
[quote name="Recallback" date="2021-04-06 05:56:18" ] Plus the items drop from chests! Considering how commonly other marva items drop, I'm sure you'll get em in no time if you keep collecting chests with gathering and familiar bonding- which is just as free as having gotten it in the swag bags in the first place. [/quote] Depends on the item. It took years for me to get a phoenix from a chest. [quote] Yes! And I've seen a bunch of people trading stuff in the forums! Maybe you could find somebody who'd be willing to trade the mask or plushie for the lanyard! [/quote] Considering those go for 3-6x what the lanyard does, it's not super likely.

Depends on the item. It took years for me to get a phoenix from a chest.
Quote:
Yes! And I've seen a bunch of people trading stuff in the forums! Maybe you could find somebody who'd be willing to trade the mask or plushie for the lanyard!

Considering those go for 3-6x what the lanyard does, it's not super likely.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Trix" date="2021-04-06 06:04:55" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2021-04-06 05:56:18" ] Plus the items drop from chests! Considering how commonly other marva items drop, I'm sure you'll get em in no time if you keep collecting chests with gathering and familiar bonding- which is just as free as having gotten it in the swag bags in the first place. [/quote] Depends on the item. It took years for me to get a phoenix from a chest. [/quote] Phoenix isn't the best comparison for this year's items, I don't think. The Phoenix is a four-star item and only drops from the gilded chest, whereas Luminax items are 1-star and drop from all chests. Rng is gonna rng, but the chances to get a Luminax item should be better.
Trix wrote on 2021-04-06 06:04:55:

Depends on the item. It took years for me to get a phoenix from a chest.
Phoenix isn't the best comparison for this year's items, I don't think. The Phoenix is a four-star item and only drops from the gilded chest, whereas Luminax items are 1-star and drop from all chests. Rng is gonna rng, but the chances to get a Luminax item should be better.
You’re really complaining with your whole chest about free stuff? Next year the staff shouldn’t give us anything. Is that your solution?
You’re really complaining with your whole chest about free stuff? Next year the staff shouldn’t give us anything. Is that your solution?
1 2 3 4 5