Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How to turn off rotation?
1 2 3 4 5 6
We have never been able to toggle off the April Fools artwork with the exception of last year's event because that involved the Which Waystone which already had a toggle to turn it off.

The scibble doodles that replaced dragons in 2017, the familiars swapping places with the dragons in 2019, the silly site banners, you could never opt out of any of those.
We have never been able to toggle off the April Fools artwork with the exception of last year's event because that involved the Which Waystone which already had a toggle to turn it off.

The scibble doodles that replaced dragons in 2017, the familiars swapping places with the dragons in 2019, the silly site banners, you could never opt out of any of those.
5ZlCPH.png
Please note: When pinging me the first 'letter' in my name is a zero.
50IPcx.gif
My Familiar Trading Thread!
s2WAwm3.png
@0rangedragon

Except there was,,, the familiars had a toggle and the akiri art had one as well,,you could turn them on and off as you pleased

They even mention it in the forumn posts for April fools of those years

Familiars: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2658265

Akiri art: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2155257
@0rangedragon

Except there was,,, the familiars had a toggle and the akiri art had one as well,,you could turn them on and off as you pleased

They even mention it in the forumn posts for April fools of those years

Familiars: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2658265

Akiri art: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2155257
bVzIUfv.png
@jazzghost

I stand corrected. That's weird, but I don't remember that at all. Well then, I suppose there should be one for this year.
@jazzghost

I stand corrected. That's weird, but I don't remember that at all. Well then, I suppose there should be one for this year.
5ZlCPH.png
Please note: When pinging me the first 'letter' in my name is a zero.
50IPcx.gif
My Familiar Trading Thread!
s2WAwm3.png
@IlyenaSylph I made a Toggle for Dragon Rotation - April 1st thread under Suggestions, to let staff know that the rotation is causing problems for some users.
@IlyenaSylph I made a Toggle for Dragon Rotation - April 1st thread under Suggestions, to let staff know that the rotation is causing problems for some users.
lOuuNpG.png tumblr_inline_ny7iufSmv51qmzhvw_540.png gems_badge_100.png
@IlyenaSylph A galaxy-brained genius from Nature Discord suggests putting Marva's Invisibility Cloak on your Coli team.

But of course, that only works if you have three Invisibility Cloaks.
@IlyenaSylph A galaxy-brained genius from Nature Discord suggests putting Marva's Invisibility Cloak on your Coli team.

But of course, that only works if you have three Invisibility Cloaks.
Oh wow, that's brilliant, @Naramyon!

I only have one cloak, but it's still better....
Oh wow, that's brilliant, @Naramyon!

I only have one cloak, but it's still better....
isjE8eL.gifbotffbadges_puff_by_tinygryphon-d9oe78h.pnggaTqJ8t.pngtumblr_ogxikm56am1vfeckzo3_100.png
It is odd that there's no toggle...

Just don't play today, then - it'll be back to normal tomorrow!

mapleshaiku_siggy.png
[quote name="MaplesHaiku" date="2021-04-01 10:52:02" ] It is odd that there's no toggle... Just don't play today, then - it'll be back to normal tomorrow! [/quote] I mean, yes, that is an option. Could be incredibly inconvenient for anyone who set [i]today[/i] aside for grinding for MistJam. This is upsetting not just because of the inconvenience, however. This is upsetting because: 1) it's hostile web design, and 2) every other year [s]that I've been on FR[/s] had a toggle to turn off the Prank. Because FR always had that Toggle to turn off the Prank, I've never been scared about logging onto FR on April 1st. That there [i]isn't a toggle this year[/i] is.... incredibly hurtful. [s]FR "always having a toggle for the April 1st event" is very much [i]something I've bragged about[/i] to people when telling them about Flight Rising, about how well that staff works to take care of the players.[/s]
MaplesHaiku wrote on 2021-04-01 10:52:02:

I mean, yes, that is an option.
Could be incredibly inconvenient for anyone who set today aside for grinding for MistJam.

This is upsetting not just because of the inconvenience, however. This is upsetting because: 1) it's hostile web design, and 2) every other year that I've been on FR had a toggle to turn off the Prank.

Because FR always had that Toggle to turn off the Prank, I've never been scared about logging onto FR on April 1st.
That there isn't a toggle this year is.... incredibly hurtful.

FR "always having a toggle for the April 1st event" is very much something I've bragged about to people when telling them about Flight Rising, about how well that staff works to take care of the players.
Yeah I can't play today. I love the idea and even have a thought as to what it's gonna end up as (maybe direction swapping, which has been a common suggestion for a while) but I was gonna write lore and my neurodivergent brain hates my dragons looking funky like that so yeh
Yeah I can't play today. I love the idea and even have a thought as to what it's gonna end up as (maybe direction swapping, which has been a common suggestion for a while) but I was gonna write lore and my neurodivergent brain hates my dragons looking funky like that so yeh

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
every site pulling april fools jokes feels like 14 year olds trying too hard to be funny. I just want to look at my dragons.

and yeah people who are saying "just don't play today" that's completely useless. why even say anything. obviously people are upset because they wanted to play today, so saying not to is the opposite of helpful.

edit: and especially given how many people are openly explaining that they're neurodivergent or have some other reason for difficulty processing the visual changes, dismissing it with "well just go do something else" is incredibly thoughtless and rude. it's like saying a person in a wheelchair should just go elsewhere when a theater doesn't have ramps.
every site pulling april fools jokes feels like 14 year olds trying too hard to be funny. I just want to look at my dragons.

and yeah people who are saying "just don't play today" that's completely useless. why even say anything. obviously people are upset because they wanted to play today, so saying not to is the opposite of helpful.

edit: and especially given how many people are openly explaining that they're neurodivergent or have some other reason for difficulty processing the visual changes, dismissing it with "well just go do something else" is incredibly thoughtless and rude. it's like saying a person in a wheelchair should just go elsewhere when a theater doesn't have ramps.
lightmidsmall.png
36.png | Sed | He/Him | 14.png
lightmidsmall.png
1 2 3 4 5 6