Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding
1 2
I'm wondering what yall do to coli grind. I'm really new and have no clue what I'm doing so I just attack with my stronger dragon and keep the other using defend (unless there's an enemy I know will be charging their attack for a while, then I'll use meditate). What do yall do? I probably won't understand since all coli talk goes over my head but it'll still be fun to hear!!
I'm wondering what yall do to coli grind. I'm really new and have no clue what I'm doing so I just attack with my stronger dragon and keep the other using defend (unless there's an enemy I know will be charging their attack for a while, then I'll use meditate). What do yall do? I probably won't understand since all coli talk goes over my head but it'll still be fun to hear!!
Untitled94-20220821210211.pngUntitled94-20220821210121.pngUntitled94-20220821210005.png
[size=3][font=Courier New]Hello! Hello! I have a specific team to coli grind. I usually only need two level 25s unless I need to go into the Workshop or Portal. I have a mage healer for those. [emoji=wildclaw winking size=1] I'd recommend leveling and training an Arcane dragon as a [i]Mire Flyer[/i]. They can train two fodder at once in the Mire, but I also use mine to coli grind. I also recommend a Mire Millionaire. Similar to a Mire Flyer, but they use meditation + eliminate (plus a bunch of different stones). I use my own Millionaire a lot more then my Mire Fliers to level fodder. (I use my Flyer to grind more often then not.) Mage healers are important in the last two venues! I easily did 100 battles in Forgotten Portal in around 45 minutes with two attackers and a healer. If you want to really know all the guides + some examples of builds, you're more then welcome to PM me![/font][/size]
Hello! Hello!

I have a specific team to coli grind. I usually only need two level 25s unless I need to go into the Workshop or Portal. I have a mage healer for those. I'd recommend leveling and training an Arcane dragon as a Mire Flyer. They can train two fodder at once in the Mire, but I also use mine to coli grind.

I also recommend a Mire Millionaire. Similar to a Mire Flyer, but they use meditation + eliminate (plus a bunch of different stones). I use my own Millionaire a lot more then my Mire Fliers to level fodder. (I use my Flyer to grind more often then not.) Mage healers are important in the last two venues! I easily did 100 battles in Forgotten Portal in around 45 minutes with two attackers and a healer. If you want to really know all the guides + some examples of builds, you're more then welcome to PM me!
DoWq1FH.pngYzZnJxc.pngCi4cDic.png
noSD0w3.png
@SilverOtter
I've heard about Mire Flyers, they sounds awesome!! To expensive to buy and train though, I'm FR broke lol. I might take you up on the information offer later!
@SilverOtter
I've heard about Mire Flyers, they sounds awesome!! To expensive to buy and train though, I'm FR broke lol. I might take you up on the information offer later!
Untitled94-20220821210211.pngUntitled94-20220821210121.pngUntitled94-20220821210005.png
for farming i have a trio of identically-statted 133STR Lv 25s. i take 'em everywhere except the Workshop and i can go for as long as i want.

for training i usually use a pair of 126STR Lv 25s, which i believe was the old way before Mire Flyers even existed. they're slower than the Flyer, but far less likely to die, which is great for someone like me since i don't always have the energy for Coli sessions. once i'm in the Coli i like to stay there; frequent refreshing and building breath back up is too much effort.

i did finally cave and prep an Arcane derg as a Flyer like last month, though. first time using one, and while it took some adjusting to get out of the constant Scratch+Elim pattern, i did find it usable. i still have yet to level much fodder with him (mostly because of lair space reasons *cough*) but i think i'll get enough use out of him to be worth his stones, at the very least.

edit; all my dragons run Scratch/Elim/Rally/Sap. i've never intentionally used Defend, everyone just attacks as necessary (or burns a potion if needed).
for farming i have a trio of identically-statted 133STR Lv 25s. i take 'em everywhere except the Workshop and i can go for as long as i want.

for training i usually use a pair of 126STR Lv 25s, which i believe was the old way before Mire Flyers even existed. they're slower than the Flyer, but far less likely to die, which is great for someone like me since i don't always have the energy for Coli sessions. once i'm in the Coli i like to stay there; frequent refreshing and building breath back up is too much effort.

i did finally cave and prep an Arcane derg as a Flyer like last month, though. first time using one, and while it took some adjusting to get out of the constant Scratch+Elim pattern, i did find it usable. i still have yet to level much fodder with him (mostly because of lair space reasons *cough*) but i think i'll get enough use out of him to be worth his stones, at the very least.

edit; all my dragons run Scratch/Elim/Rally/Sap. i've never intentionally used Defend, everyone just attacks as necessary (or burns a potion if needed).
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
I've been using [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2584493#post_2584493]this build[/url] recently, or something close enough. It's fun, and only requires one dragon to work, but training your first dragon up to a level where it's reliable is tough. It requires an eliminate, too. I'm lucky enough that I've gotten several of those, otherwise they're costly in the auction house. Since you have a healer, I wouldn't shy away from filling up his breath on easier targets so you can keep your warriors up when you run into something more tough, rather than having him defend all the time. Breath stays from battle to battle, after all. My own mage/healer: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27845593][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/278456/27845593_350.png[/img][/url] I mostly use him when I'm farming for items in the higher levels of venues, like the golem workshop or the portal. A healer can really make a difference against boss enemies. (Click on the grayed-out battle stats button to see how he's statted and stoned - probably not the most optimised build ever, but it works very well for what I need him for. I could put a Rally or a Haste on him to boost up his allies in combat, I suppose) If you want to efficiently level up dragons to exalt, you might want to do it in a slightly lower level of venue. The mire is the most popular, because it's doable to level up one dragon to be tough enough to take it on by themself, letting you train two dragons at a time. *edit* OH! And if you're spending a lot of time in the coliseum, it helps to listen to a podcast on the side! I'd recommend The adventure zone, since I'm a huge DnD nerd, but go with any subject that works!
I've been using this build recently, or something close enough. It's fun, and only requires one dragon to work, but training your first dragon up to a level where it's reliable is tough. It requires an eliminate, too. I'm lucky enough that I've gotten several of those, otherwise they're costly in the auction house.

Since you have a healer, I wouldn't shy away from filling up his breath on easier targets so you can keep your warriors up when you run into something more tough, rather than having him defend all the time. Breath stays from battle to battle, after all.

My own mage/healer:
27845593_350.png

I mostly use him when I'm farming for items in the higher levels of venues, like the golem workshop or the portal. A healer can really make a difference against boss enemies. (Click on the grayed-out battle stats button to see how he's statted and stoned - probably not the most optimised build ever, but it works very well for what I need him for. I could put a Rally or a Haste on him to boost up his allies in combat, I suppose)

If you want to efficiently level up dragons to exalt, you might want to do it in a slightly lower level of venue. The mire is the most popular, because it's doable to level up one dragon to be tough enough to take it on by themself, letting you train two dragons at a time.

*edit* OH! And if you're spending a lot of time in the coliseum, it helps to listen to a podcast on the side! I'd recommend The adventure zone, since I'm a huge DnD nerd, but go with any subject that works!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
I listen to music, sing, and take breaks to post on the forums. I am working on a fully 25 lair! Also: I reccomend keybinding. its a lot faster!
I listen to music, sing, and take breaks to post on the forums. I am working on a fully 25 lair! Also: I reccomend keybinding. its a lot faster!
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
I didn't get the coliseum. I'm just playing the numbers game. Haven't figured out what I'm saving up for yet [emoji=rainbow size=1]
I didn't get the coliseum. I'm just playing the numbers game. Haven't figured out what I'm saving up for yet
sBjXpfJ.pngpr7Tort.png
I have the fairly standard Culex build for all of the members of my current Coli team, which consists of two physical attackers and a Nature mage.

I put the mage in the first slot so she can Rally my two physical attackers and they can build up breath with Scratch and later down the grind start Eliminating everything in their path. My mage also has Aid for healing if necessary, and my physical attackers also carry Sap.
I have the fairly standard Culex build for all of the members of my current Coli team, which consists of two physical attackers and a Nature mage.

I put the mage in the first slot so she can Rally my two physical attackers and they can build up breath with Scratch and later down the grind start Eliminating everything in their path. My mage also has Aid for healing if necessary, and my physical attackers also carry Sap.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I just one of my level 25s as a mire mauler set up and I'm good to go. I can level up 2 fodder at a time whithin like 20 min
I just one of my level 25s as a mire mauler set up and I'm good to go. I can level up 2 fodder at a time whithin like 20 min
hehe_good_evening.gif
»CTRL«
dsmp fandragons
wishlist
mlHpBMC.png
AV7XCe1.png
GFeO9bR.png
M2GDK40.png
tb2lvGT.png
IrrC5OJ.png
Used to be FishyDishy blinking_cursor.gif
I have a team of three which I use for grinding. One of them is my Mire Flyer, and I leveled all three of them up myself! I used this guide for how to level them up! I can't seem to find the guide I used to stat them, but it was by Maki.

I listen to music, podcasts, or streams while I grind, and I recommend using keyboard controls when you can! It's much faster, in my experience. And make sure to take breaks and drink water!

And no worries about not understanding the coli, it took me over 3 years to dip my toes into it! But now I grind all the time :)
I have a team of three which I use for grinding. One of them is my Mire Flyer, and I leveled all three of them up myself! I used this guide for how to level them up! I can't seem to find the guide I used to stat them, but it was by Maki.

I listen to music, podcasts, or streams while I grind, and I recommend using keyboard controls when you can! It's much faster, in my experience. And make sure to take breaks and drink water!

And no worries about not understanding the coli, it took me over 3 years to dip my toes into it! But now I grind all the time :)
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
1 2